Author Topic: Too damn much  (Read 3327 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Too damn much
« on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:09:00 »
If you have an idea for a cool keycap set, can you just wait a damn month or two (or four)?  Way too much dropping or about to drop at the moment.

Same goes for boards.

:thumb:

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Too damn much
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:26:28 »
I was just about to submit an IC for my "Beige Villain" set tho.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline zslane

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:07:44 »
If you have an idea for a cool keycap set, can you just wait a damn month or two (or four)?  Way too much dropping or about to drop at the moment.

The solution is to have a more discerning taste filter. It's easy to save money when 99% of what's proposed is godawful.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:11:11 »
I was just about to submit an IC for my "Beige Villain" set tho.

:p

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:25:26 »

The solution is to have a more discerning taste filter. It's easy to save money when 99% of what's proposed is godawful.

I agree with you that there are some questionable choices out there recently .  But even after calm depths, Lime, and 9009, I’m hurting pretty bad for 1 month.  And I have to support Royal Alpha because it’s green :).  And then I think, we’ll damn, maybe I need a 40% board for overwatch so i should get the 40s 9009 kit... and I was totally going to buy some XDA extras (guess jchan MIA is good news on that front)

And then red honey shows up.  And I think, “oh that’s easy That one isn’t for me”  But maybe it’s awesome? 
Then I see mitosis, and I’m always a sucker for dark DSA sets.  And I already own pulse, but maybe I need it in DSA. 

And ****! I’ve been trying to find dasher on r/mm.  I have to have it, it’s too beautiful.

I always feel like there is a sleeper around the corner.  Aaaah!  The sleeper must awaken! Noooo.  Now where was that spice set?

I’ll shut up now.  Just overwhelmed with options and lack of funds.  I should just be happy with what I have... except I need that rubber dome still.  F%@*!

Offline avid

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:41:29 »
Only getting the eclipse and 9009. For me it's not so much about being overwhelmed with stuff i want to buy, but rather having 4 ran simultaneous will hurt MOQ for all. One GMK at a time is ideal, two is fine.

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 20:38:20 »
Good maybe it will prompt people to sell their old sets....SA Retro pretty please, anyone?
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 20:41:06 by bluesclera »