Author Topic: [SOLD] NEC PC-9801 laptop board (Alps?)  (Read 5207 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] NEC PC-9801 laptop board (Alps?)
« on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 21:40:19 »
If this is similar to the boards from NEC's PC-9800 series desktops, it has Alps switches—and it's certainly cheap enough if anyone's looking for a nice set of alphanumerical Japanese sublegends:

Vintage NEC PC9801NX Japanese Laptop Keyboard PC98 Untested

One left, as I post.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 May 2018, 03:28:21 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: NEC PC-9801 laptop board (Alps?), $20 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 21:54:08 »
Well seeing as the username is blaise170, which is a user here, I doubt that they are alps, don't think he would sell them that cheap if they had alps. But I could be wrong.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 21:55:48 »
Well seeing as the username is blaise170, which is a user here, I doubt that they are alps, don't think he would sell them that cheap if they had alps. But I could be wrong.

Oh, LOL, it's Blaise's... Well, it'd be easy enough to ask him about it too, then.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 22:03:08 »

Oh, LOL, it's Blaise's... Well, it'd be easy enough to ask him about it too, then.

I was about to jump on it then looked at the username.... Hope it sells for his sake, but I won't be the one.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 03:29:07 »
I was about to jump on it then looked at the username.... Hope it sells for his sake, but I won't be the one.

Why? Just because "Blaise" rhymes with "mayonnaise"? You have something against peeps whose names rhyme with condiments?

Offline 00

Re: [SOLD] NEC PC-9801 laptop board (Alps?)
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 03:31:41 »
If this is similar to the boards from NEC's PC-9800 series desktops, it has Alps switches

The 9800 series does not use Alps, but rather NEC's oval switch design and later dome with slider. Some 8800/8801s use Alps though.
It's like, dude, you gotta re-evaluate
Your perspective and your priorities, because
You started doing this because it was ****ing fun, you know?
It has to be fun
Otherwise, you're just torturing yourself, you know?
You're... you're just stuck inside your own ****ing head

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: [SOLD] NEC PC-9801 laptop board (Alps?)
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 00:16:16 »
It's good getting these things straightened out, even after the sale's over. We're all doing our best to civilize the vintage-keeb world, and bring it out of the Wild West state it's bounced around in for so many years.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 01:42:34 »
Why? Just because "Blaise" rhymes with "mayonnaise"? You have something against peeps whose names rhyme with condiments?

:p
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170