Author Topic: [IC]Cheap Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Controller (Pegasus Hoof clone) (EU/UK)  (Read 5045 times)

Offline transcendent12

Hello all, this is the first time I've been here so hoping I'm not going against the rules or upsetting anyone by doing this! I'm currently in the process of modding my Filco MJ2 TKL with zilent switches and need a custom keyboard controller.

I am well aware that the great Bathroom Epiphanies person has been producing these for a long time. However, they have been difficult to get hold of recently. As I am from the UK, 1up keyboards will cost me >50 usd to get hold of one, and Epiphanies never replied to my email request for bare PCBs... Since the component schematics were online, I made my own PCB to approximately match the Pegasus Hoof. Ideally I could have just just 1, however I have to purchase more components than I require (Crystals come in packs of 5 or 10 etc etc). Meaning the cost is actually higher than I'd like.

If there is any interest, I can make up to 2-5 units (including one for myself).

I would be selling these pretty cheap, £15 posted anywhere in EU and through paypal. US buyers should just purchase from 1upkeyboards. I would test and would require your keyboard LED colour so I can put the correct resistors and pre-program the board. No payment needs to be made before this is completed and I have the product in hand.

If my design fails for whatever reason then I will of course, absorb the cost of components and just cancel this project at no cost to others.

Component quality will be equal or higher than pegasus hoof, but PCB quality and polish will certainly be lower.

Offline kokoon

Is there any chance to make a Convertible compatible controller? (for the wireless version)

I'd be reeeeaaaaaaly into that!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline bosjaH

Re: [IC]Cheap Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Controller (Pegasus Hoof clone) (EU/UK)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 05:24:22 »
If the offer still stands, I'd be interested in buying one from you (I'm located in Belgium).

If not, my apologies for resurrecting an old topic.

EDIT: I ended up getting one from 1upkeyboards
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 November 2018, 09:45:36 by bosjaH »

Offline piit79

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 11:12:09 »
Hi,

I would also be very interested, willing to pay a pretty penny. Been trying to get the original Pegasus Hoof for a while now but no replies from Bathroom Epiphanies... I was already getting ready to order it from 1upkeyboards (in the US) but it's now out of stock there :(

Cheers
Pete

Offline WarmCat

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 05:56:43 »
Aye I'd like one too.

Offline codesmithKarl

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 17:00:39 »
Is this still a thing? I'm interested!

Offline piit79

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 02:30:47 »
Is this still a thing? I'm interested!

Apparently not happening here, OP probably changed his mind ;)

Not sure if you caught it but Fredrik of Bathroom Epiphanies had some more Hoofs (Hooves? :) ) made so he might still have some in stock.

Offline Ensaum

Not sure if you caught it but Fredrik of Bathroom Epiphanies had some more Hoofs (Hooves? :) ) made so he might still have some in stock.

Where did you see this? I just sent an email to the address in his store so we'll see what happens.

Offline piit79

Where did you see this? I just sent an email to the address in his store so we'll see what happens.

I emailed them in October and got a reply in January that they would get a batch made soon, if I was still interested. I hope they have a few spares :)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline Ensaum

I emailed them in October and got a reply in January that they would get a batch made soon, if I was still interested. I hope they have a few spares :)

Just got an invoice today, woot! Finally getting a pegasus hoof.