Author Topic: Keys 8, u & j, rgb and backlighting have stopped working on brand new dz60 build  (Read 958 times)

Offline loganf

Hi,

I am looking for advice, those keys plus rgb and backlighting suddenly stopped working.

Things I did wrong: I desoldered & lost 'C7' capacitor (possible purpose is a 'decoupling capacitor' from my research) However the board continued to work fine without this. And I have also tried switching another 'C' capacitor from a different position. I have tried shorting the position to another resistor site also, neither of which worked.

Then, I also yanked quite hard at the 'k' position switch with tweezers, bending the board exactly before the problem occurred as I was regrettably looking for a quick way to relube a sticky switch.

The questions I have are, is this likely something I can fix? I have a multimeter but no experience with it and I don't know much about traces & finding broken ones (this being my suspect for the potential cause)

And ultimately does any one think I should pursue the cause and look to diagnose and fix it myself, or simply give it up and order a brand new DZ60, de-and re-solder all of the switches (and leds)

Thanks
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 September 2021, 14:31:01 by loganf »

Offline loganf

Do these look like broken traces at all? Please check for me. I did accidentally scratch the front of the pcb when I was foolishly trying to open the switch from the front. If so, could it perhaps be solvable simply with some copper tape?

Offline loganf

It was a broken trace or two in the end. From trying to open a soldered switch = big mistake.