Author Topic: Keycap & Keyboard Photography  (Read 2162796 times)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
Re: Keycap & Keyboard Photography
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 19:23:14 »
Here, not perfect but I just started using it.

Show Image

Excellent!  Black is difficult to photograph, right?  It looks awesome here.  You can see all the details.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 19:27:35 »
Here, not perfect but I just started using it.

Show Image

Excellent!  Black is difficult to photograph, right?  It looks awesome here.  You can see all the details.
It's dark grey but yeah, difficult to get right, I tried to take a picture of a black switch, didn't work out well. :P

Last picture, I can mess around later lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 05:50:04 »
^ Those pics are great!

One of these days I've got to upgrade my setup, my little pink P&S camera is starting to get a bit wonky.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 11:58:57 »
HPE did a better job of photographing these than I did, but.. Sprits 62g gold springs. They have a really beautiful, lush colour to them.

And a macro of an atmel..

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:10:42 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 13:17:54 »
Pretty cool to see sixty back, even if it just a little. I've only heard about him so it's cool to see him posting. Anyways, I was going through his sale thread on DT and found this ****ing GEM

*All pics from sixty's thread, not sure of the original poster

I dont know enough words to describe how much I like this board. Plus the pictures are nice :D.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 13:20:18 »
Pretty cool to see sixty back, even if it just a little. I've only heard about him so it's cool to see him posting. Anyways, I was going through his sale thread on DT and found this ****ing GEM

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I dont know enough words to describe how much I like this board. Plus the pictures are nice :D.
Classic CPT board right there :))

Sixty's photos have always been my favourite. Can see more here : http://imgur.com/a/M93qm
github

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 13:20:59 »
I was poking around that album the other day Photekq. He's got some really cool stuff and takes nice pictures.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 18:38:20 »

don't doubleshots just look so juicy? I think they look juicy 

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 20:26:24 »
i thought this was pretty nice coming from a point and shoot (the waterproof Nikon Coolpix AW110)
DSCN1759.jpg by almightyglod, on Flickr

I miss when i didn't have (sometimes severe) hand tremors and could take nice photos (its a total pain in the ass when it comes to lubing and soldering) i had to use a monopod to take it :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 April 2014, 20:29:00 by Glod »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 20:30:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 20:36:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Lemur = future Bingecap?

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 21:59:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Lemur = future Bingecap?

I think that's a Tarsier :p

Lemurs are cool too

I need some Bingecaps...

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 23:39:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Lemur = future Bingecap?

I think that's a Tarsier :p

Lemurs are cool too

I need some Bingecaps...

I thought it was a mouse lemur, but on closer inspection... the paws/tail are a bit off - so I think you are correct.

Whatever it is, I could totally see it being recreated in Bingecap form.

Back to the topic at hand, here's some junk on my desk:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 01:42:27 »
^ green and blue CODE - nice :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lotus1109

Re: Keycap &amp; Keyboard Photography
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 20:50:25 »
Wad playing with close-up filter! :)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 16:02:18 »
[

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 17:46:15 »
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 20:19:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

don't doubleshots just look so juicy? I think they look juicy

So juicy!
Where do you live sir?
I'm gonna steal that windowed caps off you...  Seriously..  :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:18:37 »
I kind of liked how this sandblasted titanium shift came out:

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:43:37 »

Show Image

really cool :)

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:17:52 »

Show Image

Yeah, I think the sandblasted hammer Ti keys all came out great.  I did a small photo shoot with mine shortly after they came in the mail: http://dianoda.minus.com/mbi3xkSjX2M2ea

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 23:13:51 »
It was a rainy and dark day today but with all the nice caps being photo'd recently, I took this for fun. Thought they came out aight even with the crappy lighting and focus. Took them with an Olympus PEN EP-2, which isn't of high caliber as the DSL's you guys use but it does the job aight.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 00:40:59 »
It was a rainy and dark day today but with all the nice caps being photo'd recently, I took this for fun. Thought they came out aight even with the crappy lighting and focus. Took them with an Olympus PEN EP-2, which isn't of high caliber as the DSL's you guys use but it does the job aight.

Show Image

A wonderful picture of a wonderful keycap :)

Mine is on the way ... somewhere ... soon ...

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 02:37:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

What lens did you use?
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 02:54:33 »

Show Image

A wonderful picture of a wonderful keycap :)

Mine is on the way ... somewhere ... soon ...

Thanks! I can't wait for you to get that keycap and make it your avatar! I'll also look forward to that photo :D

Show Image

Show Image

What lens did you use?

Oh right! I knew I forgot something LOL! Used the M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2,8 micro four thirds lens :)

I don't have an external flash for this camera so I try to use natural lighting to the best effect possible.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #275 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 03:07:36 »
Oh right! I knew I forgot something LOL! Used the M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2,8 micro four thirds lens :)

I don't have an external flash for this camera so I try to use natural lighting to the best effect possible.
Nice, I have a 20mm 1.7, but I'm still not very good at making the most of it.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
Re: Keycap &amp; Keyboard Photography
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 03:22:40 »

Nice, I have a 20mm 1.7, but I'm still not very good at making the most of it.
Show Image

That's an awesome pic, if you ask me :)

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 04:26:35 »
Thanks, man  :D

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 08:17:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice Veslad :D

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 09:17:05 »
VESPER! That pic of the drunken skull.. Aww yiss.
github

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:08:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice Veslad :D

VESPER! That pic of the drunken skull.. Aww yiss.

Thank you, bruhz :-* <3

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:00:23 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:10:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hhhnnnnnnggg~ That is some wallpaper quality stuff, dubro. Sheee~
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:22:41 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:16:04 »
That is some high quality quadposting right thurr... dayum, vesbrah~

github

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:17:58 »

Show Image

LOL.... my internet is acting up and disconnected a minute ago and only came back up... LOL.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:25:19 »

Show Image

LOL.... my internet is acting up and disconnected a minute ago and only came back up... LOL.

Sheeee

damn 4?? I triple posted yesterday by accident :))

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:27:12 »

Show Image

Sheeee

damn 4?? I triple posted yesterday by accident :))

Yeah... I pressed post but nothing popped up when I refreshed the page so I tried again, and nothing, tried again, and nothing... next thing I know, my internet went down, and by the time my internet came back up there was 4 posts :P

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #287 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:29:56 »

Yeah... I pressed post but nothing popped up when I refreshed the page so I tried again, and nothing, tried again, and nothing... next thing I know, my internet went down, and by the time my internet came back up there was 4 posts :p

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:33:13 »

Bro, I shall have pictures to post tomorrow or Tuesday ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:39:24 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:47:32 »
Aweee yusssss

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 18:31:16 »
Show Image

I could probably stare at this picture for hours

so nice

Do you have a larger version (say, 1920x1080?)
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 18:31:50 »
double post, I'm really dumb today
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 18:33:51 »
double post, I'm really dumb today

Just say you are using Tapatalk :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 18:35:40 »
I don't use such pleb tier technology, I use the browser built into my phone, like a man.

And I'm not even on my phone right now.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 18:45:42 »

so nice

Thanks, and I would post the larger version but GH is being a difficult..

that better?
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 May 2014, 18:48:02 by Dubsgalore »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 19:11:53 »

so nice

Show Image

that better?

Yep! Thanks!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 19:12:46 »

so nice

Show Image

that better?

Wow that thing is clean, is the windowed cap actually green or is that the LED?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 19:12:56 »

so nice

Show Image

that better?

Yep! Thanks!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 20:32:47 »
I don't think I posted these here

I kinda liked this one a lot

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 21:33:39 »
I don't think I posted these here

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I kinda liked this one a lot
Show Image

That brobot is absolutely gorgeous.

The textured PCB is also very cool. I have never seen that before.