Author Topic: [GB] GMK Modern Dolch  (Read 129082 times)

Offline sevenseacat

Re: [GB] GMK Modern Dolch
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 02:33:15 »
Thousands for a legend mould ? Novelty kits would kill GBs then. I'm not sure, but I have no idea either. Just seems a unreasonable given the novelty caps that come out in each GB, and Novelty kits dont usually sell as much as the base either.

Probably why novelty kits start off pretty expensive for the number of keys, but get much cheaper as quantities go up.

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 08:41:50 »
Thousands for a legend mould ? Novelty kits would kill GBs then. I'm not sure, but I have no idea either. Just seems a unreasonable given the novelty caps that come out in each GB, and Novelty kits dont usually sell as much as the base either.

Probably why novelty kits start off pretty expensive for the number of keys, but get much cheaper as quantities go up.

Novelties are typically only ever used for the specific keycap sets they were created for and so they can use cheaper mould materials that don't typically withstand as many uses.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 08:48:17 »
GMK charges 150EUR flat for custom molds.

JTK charges about double, depending on key size.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 09:25:40 »
How can I modify my order on dixie mech if I already placed it? I realized I want icon mods but would rather not be charged for shipping twice.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 09:30:38 »
How can I modify my order on dixie mech if I already placed it? I realized I want icon mods but would rather not be charged for shipping twice.

send a support ticket
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 11:16:47 »
250 moq get hit already?

I don't have updated numbers, but with the one I have: no. We're well on the way tho, like I mentioned before Dixie has sold more Modern Dolch sets than he did 9009 when the GB was open for the same amount of days. Considering that GB hit 740 ish base kits, I'm very very confident this set will get made :)

Ah, gotcha. I saw people already talking about 500 MOQ so I was wondering if the total already had hit 250.

On a side note, is the December shipping on this an accurate estimate? Seems super quick.

Offline PM_Your_Switches

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 13:29:24 »
I've been lurking on GH for a while now, but this keyset caused me to finally make an account. Love what you did, including all the alternate colors options, and can't wait to get my set.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 08:51:00 »
Is the 6u spacebar from the spacebar kit centered or off-centered?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:23:36 »
Is the 6u spacebar from the spacebar kit centered or off-centered?

Off centre to support MX boards with 6u spacebar layout. I included a centred in 9009 because there seemed to be some promising developments in 3d printed MX stabs for Topre, but that never ended up working out. AFAIK all MX boards that use 6u are offset.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:24:07 »
I've been lurking on GH for a while now, but this keyset caused me to finally make an account. Love what you did, including all the alternate colors options, and can't wait to get my set.

Wow always cool to hear you're helping someone get their first set, thanks for the support :) I'm sure you'll love it! :thumb:

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:24:58 »
250 moq get hit already?

I don't have updated numbers, but with the one I have: no. We're well on the way tho, like I mentioned before Dixie has sold more Modern Dolch sets than he did 9009 when the GB was open for the same amount of days. Considering that GB hit 740 ish base kits, I'm very very confident this set will get made :)

Ah, gotcha. I saw people already talking about 500 MOQ so I was wondering if the total already had hit 250.

On a side note, is the December shipping on this an accurate estimate? Seems super quick.

I'm not sure if we can hit 500 MOQ again like we did with 9009. There is even more competition out there right now. We're well on the way to 250 MOQ tho, so the set will definitely be made :)

Also yeah shipping date will probably be January 2019. GMK has been early on a couple sets now tho.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:27:09 by janglad »

Offline Marutks

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 07:34:09 »
no 1.5u "super" keycaps?   It is in one of your renders.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 04:08:01 »
no 1.5u "super" keycaps?   It is in one of your renders.

Yup I know, I explained this in some previous comments. Those renders were made before we decided to remove the 1.5u super caps from the base kit. I'm a Mac user myself, so would have loved to keep em. However, custom colours already increased price and considering what a small % of people will use the caps we had to balance it out.

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 21:00:49 »
Just wondering what are the spacebar sizes in the Base Kit and Spacebar Kit? I tried looking at the IC thread and this thread and proxies but can't find info on them.

I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting this for the Novatouch TKL (with 6.25u spacebar).

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 21:18:53 »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong -

Grey 6.25u & 7u  --------> base kit
Grey 6u               --------> Spacebar kit
Red 6.25u & 7u   --------> Spacebar kit
Cyan 6.25u & 7u --------> Spacebar kit

The spacebar kit is sort of a must with this drop I feel, because the accents elevate this whole aesthetic to the next level

Just wondering what are the spacebar sizes in the Base Kit and Spacebar Kit? I tried looking at the IC thread and this thread and proxies but can't find info on them.

I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting this for the Novatouch TKL (with 6.25u spacebar).

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 05:54:27 »

The spacebar kit is sort of a must with this drop I feel, because the accents elevate this whole aesthetic to the next level

Yup those sizes are correct!

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 09:03:01 »
Thanks for the clarifications! I've joined the GB  :cool:

Offline teh_pengers

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 15:55:30 »

Yup those sizes are correct!

Was looking for this as well. Can this be added to the OP?

Thanks!

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 09:54:28 »
Would it be possible to extend the GB period? There is just way too many group buys going on this month among other things that are on my list to buy. I am pretty sure it will help others too who are wanting to join in on the set as well.

Offline avid

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 11:14:45 »
Would it be possible to extend the GB period? There is just way too many group buys going on this month among other things that are on my list to buy. I am pretty sure it will help others too who are wanting to join in on the set as well.

This has been the case for about a year and there really is no change in sight. There will always be multiple gmk sets running.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 17:13:13 »
I like Modern Dolch so much better than my OG dolch.

This will pair very well with my Pearl White Doro67!

Offline Marutks

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 07:39:52 »
considering what a small % of people will use the caps we had to balance it out.

lots of new keebs require 1.5u keys,    zephyr,  rama m60 and koyu.   It is difficult to find keycap sets with nice 1.5u keys.

https://rama.works/koyu   

^^^^  koyu requires two 1.5u "Super" keys.   good luck finding keyset with those keys !   
There is still a glimmer of hope that GMK Carbon will have R4 bottom keycaps. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2018, 08:18:50 by Marutks »

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 13:44:39 »
considering what a small % of people will use the caps we had to balance it out.

lots of new keebs require 1.5u keys,    zephyr,  rama m60 and koyu.   It is difficult to find keycap sets with nice 1.5u keys.

https://rama.works/koyu   

^^^^  koyu requires two 1.5u "Super" keys.   good luck finding keyset with those keys !   
There is still a glimmer of hope that GMK Carbon will have R4 bottom keycaps.

Well yes, but this set does include 4 1.5u R4 keys (2 x Alt and 2x CTRL) :) You def can fit this on all of those boards. AFAIK those 1.5u OS keys are only used by Mac users.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 13:44:58 »
I like Modern Dolch so much better than my OG dolch.

This will pair very well with my Pearl White Doro67!

Ooof yeah that will be quite the match! :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 13:45:32 »

We are maybe considering extending the GB one more week.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 16:05:52 »

That would help out a lot!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 01:35:46 »
Jumped on through DailyClack 👍

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 13:28:19 »
Any word on the total kits sold thus far across proxies ? Dixie is posting numbers for US, I'm hoping all kits make it !!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 13:48:38 »
All in

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 15:41:42 »

Yes, pls.  :thumb:

KMK Labs

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 17:06:30 »
Any word on the total kits sold thus far across proxies ? Dixie is posting numbers for US, I'm hoping all kits make it !!

We're at ~210 base kits right now. Counting in extras vendors will get, the set has hit MOQ for sure! Same for the other kits :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 17:11:10 »

We're at ~210 base kits right now. Counting in extras vendors will get, the set has hit MOQ for sure! Same for the other kits :)

Wonderful, thanks!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 21:39:35 »

Perfect !!! I know the base will make it, was thinking about the icon mods.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 22:38:22 »
I can't tell from the screen shot of overall keys, but will this set support FC660M?  I have an FC660M coming in this week and I can't tell if there is an extra 2.25u shift and I'm not sure if they still use the funky offset spacebar I have heard about.  If it's supported, I'll grab one in the next few days.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline yuppie

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 00:35:57 »
Can I just buy the mods pls?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 06:22:22 »
I can't tell from the screen shot of overall keys, but will this set support FC660M?  I have an FC660M coming in this week and I can't tell if there is an extra 2.25u shift and I'm not sure if they still use the funky offset spacebar I have heard about.  If it's supported, I'll grab one in the next few days.

There is an extra 2,25u shift in the base kit for 660 layout support indeed! :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 06:22:39 »
Can I just buy the mods pls?

Doing mods and alpha's separately is waaaay too expensive with GMK :D

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 04:30:41 »

Is there a decision?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 04:44:17 »

Is there a decision?

yeah janglad extended the buy for a week
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 04:45:27 »

Is there a decision?

yeah janglad extended the buy for a week

Cool, thx!
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 08:19:26 by OracleKev »

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:15:04 »
Probably a long shot, but if anyone is in on the base kit and doesn't care for or want the mods I'll buy them off you! Pm me :)

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 19:35:53 »
nothing to see here cause I'm dumb ==
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 12:26:01 by thelaughingman »

Offline Kazanchik

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 23:33:56 »
Is the legend color CP, as the original dolch? Or custom color as well?

Offline autobot

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 19:57:15 »
Ordered a base set! So stoked!

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:47:28 »
Anyone else see that dixiemech IG post?!  :eek:
Extra hype

Offline Starston3

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 00:32:40 »
finally got around to placing my order... good thing seeing as the dead line is right around the corner.

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 07:40:52 »
is the GB Extended until next Saturday?

Offline idlemao

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 12:06:22 »
The site still shows the 15th so looks like its today

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 16:36:28 »
The site still shows the 15th so looks like its today
[/quote

Nope, we have decided to extend it one day! It seems like with a bit of a push it's possible to hit 500  MOQ so let's go everyone  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Lormania

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 00:29:16 »
So is it extended by one day or one week?