Author Topic: [IC] Hana Keyset (Available on SP keyshop)  (Read 123997 times)

Offline saturnotaku

Re: [IC] Hana Keyset (previously Sakura)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 16:08:11 »
Definitely interested but not sure I would be able to afford it should the GB come to fruition.

Offline ithrowthinqs

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 22:18:55 »
definitely interested. love the colors

Offline just66in

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 22:44:30 »
Regarding keycap profile for this lovely set, has it been finalized on DSA? Would suggest a poll as I'm leaning towards DCS hahaa

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 09:27:38 »
This really needs to be SA.

We've got a lot of SA projects in the works right now.  DSA might be a way to go to get the project off the ground faster.  For SA, the proejcts off the top of my head and with a quick scan of the front page of this forum we've got...

Official:
Carbon - MassDrop group buy complete, production pending
Danger Zone - MassDrop group buy complete, production pending
Round 5a - I believe this one is closed for order and is now production pending but, at least, round 5 is shipping and 5a to be done soon after.

Works in progress:
Troubled Minds - looks like discussions are under way so this one may move to a buy in the coming months
Retro Blight
Classic Space - with custom legends so it may take some time
Dasher / Dancer - over at DT primarily
Green Screen
Earfbound - SA R3 is what it's currently planned as.
Dusk - been a bit quiet on that but still potential as interest seems to be there.
Penumbra round 2 - Bunny mentioned that this is in the works and is only pending time as he's been rather busy lately but it is something that should come along.

I think that the fact that all the SA keysets being run now is a testament to how much everybody prefers SA to DSA
I can't think of a single successful DSA buy that has been run off GH lately - only Mito DSA did well and that was because it had wide exposure through Massdrop

I believe you are correct.  The down side is that SP only has so many SA molds they can put to use at any given time and we seem to be keeping those pretty busy lately.  That or, at least, I've been led to believe such. 

If so, SP might consider additional mold count for more capacity there.  Now if only they'd work on getting PBT SA doubleshots to be a thing, dammit!  A man can dream....

For me, I have neither SA nor DSA sets right now as I'm just getting some spare cash for such things.  I've considered the Eve set but I'm not a massive fan of white keycaps with black text so I've passed.  This one, while still white caps, would offer a nicer color scheme that I'm sure some little ones in the household would approve of.  Also, given I'm likely jumping in on at least one or two of the aforementioned SA sets, a DSA set would be a nice alternative for me.  Though I admit, I'm being greedy there.

Am I reading this right?

So you would rather pay for a less desirable profile with the trade off of getting it in your hands sooner?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I understanding your statement correctly?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 11:15:12 »

Regarding keycap profile for this lovely set, has it been finalized on DSA? Would suggest a poll as I'm leaning towards DCS hahaa

DCS *shudder*

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 00:41:06 »

We've got a lot of SA projects in the works right now.  DSA might be a way to go to get the project off the ground faster.  For SA, the proejcts off the top of my head and with a quick scan of the front page of this forum we've got...

Official:
Round 5a - I believe this one is closed for order and is now production pending but, at least, round 5 is shipping and 5a to be done soon after.

Works in progress:
Troubled Minds - looks like discussions are under way so this one may move to a buy in the coming months
Retro Blight
Green Screen
Dusk - been a bit quiet on that but still potential as interest seems to be there.
Penumbra round 2 - Bunny mentioned that this is in the works and is only pending time as he's been rather busy lately but it is something that should come along.

I think that the fact that all the SA keysets being run now is a testament to how much everybody prefers SA to DSA
I can't think of a single successful DSA buy that has been run off GH lately - only Mito DSA did well and that was because it had wide exposure through Massdrop

I believe you are correct.  The down side is that SP only has so many SA molds they can put to use at any given time and we seem to be keeping those pretty busy lately.  That or, at least, I've been led to believe such. 

If so, SP might consider additional mold count for more capacity there.  Now if only they'd work on getting PBT SA doubleshots to be a thing, dammit!  A man can dream....

For me, I have neither SA nor DSA sets right now as I'm just getting some spare cash for such things.  I've considered the Eve set but I'm not a massive fan of white keycaps with black text so I've passed.  This one, while still white caps, would offer a nicer color scheme that I'm sure some little ones in the household would approve of.  Also, given I'm likely jumping in on at least one or two of the aforementioned SA sets, a DSA set would be a nice alternative for me.  Though I admit, I'm being greedy there.

Am I reading this right?

So you would rather pay for a less desirable profile with the trade off of getting it in your hands sooner?

I have no DSA sets.  This set could change that as I wouldn't mind giving DSA a try.  If it goes SA, it goes SA.  I'm just saying I wouldn't mind if it was DSA as it gives me a chance to try that profile out.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 07:43:21 »

Official:

Works in progress:
Retro Blight
Green Screen

Am I reading this right?

I have no DSA sets.  This set could change that as I wouldn't mind giving DSA a try.  If it goes SA, it goes SA.  I'm just saying I wouldn't mind if it was DSA as it gives me a chance to try that profile out.

Imagine typing on the flat side of razor-blades. :thumb:

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:56:36 »

Official:

Works in progress:
Retro Blight
Green Screen

Am I reading this right?

Imagine typing on the flat side of razor-blades. :thumb:

Hahahaha, I hope it's not that bad but I've yet to own any SP caps so I can't fully comment.  I'll keep my eyes on this one and see how it goes.  Hell, I'm not even sure I like SA profile caps yet so my first SA set will be interesting.

Offline frostylove

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 14:29:41 »
Why nobody gonna run a DCS GB anymore :'(
If it's DSC profile, shut up and take my money
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 15:00:38 »
Why nobody gonna run a DCS GB anymore :'(
If it's DSC profile, shut up and take my money

I think those that want the Cherry / OEM type profile are moving to GMK, JTK, and other vendors as there have been some criticisms of DCS; thin caps, edges too sharp are ones I've seen.  I can't comment directly on DCS caps as I've yet to use them. 

Offline lashiel

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:46:43 »
I'd be in for this.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 12:55:42 »
This maybe something Sifo might like. Just a thought. I know he likes a lot of pinks and blue keys.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 17:20:01 »
OP isn't quite active...Really like this set tho
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Butter

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 23:14:33 »
I really wish this set get made.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 00:55:41 »
Yeah, might be nice to hear some kind of update on this. But I guess I'm not holding my breath. My wallet can probably breathe easier anyways.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 03:57:56 »
I hope nobody is holding their breath for this since the OP hasn't posted in quite some time.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:20:24 »
Someone else could always pick up the basics of the design and run with it if there's enough demand. 

Offline Frigid

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:18:31 »
Can someone with some talent PLEASE make a design based off of this? We have a lot of interest.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:31:49 »
Tempting to alter it.  Hana is the number one in Korean.  Being married to a Korean, I'd end up going with a Korean theme. 

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 06:34:41 »
Could you add a 1,25u shift to the International kit? I mean, I don't see the point of just a ISO enter there. Either way, looks great.

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 02:08:46 »
I'm sorry I haven't been posting updates on the set, I'll try to keep more active from now on.

Addressing some concerns...

I made this set DSA because of the huge influx of SA sets coming in lately. I've never really been fond of DCS and there is only a minority of people who really want it.

Novelties...
I've had some real trouble figuring out novelties for this set. I see what people are saying when they look a little too complex (especially the flower). Although they aren't currently
the worst, but I'm looking for any possible suggestions to help spice it up a bit.

Groupbuy
I've been in contact with livingspeedbump, but I haven't really been able to figure out when a possible run date for this set could be (through Massdrop specifically).
If no new information comes soon, I'll just post it on PMK's interest check system and let it figure itself out there.

International + ISO Kit
The thinking behind having the two kits the way they are is so U.K ISO users (who I'm fairly certain constitute most of the ISO consumer base) can buy their
kit and all other European countries can fill out the extras with the International kit. I'm totally open to suggestions about this. I think adding the ISO enter
key to the international kit might make either one not tip or become too expensive (I removed the ISO enter from the International child deal).

Anyways, sorry for the period of inactivity, I'll make sure to stay up to date this time.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 02:09:55 »
Could you add a 1,25u shift to the International kit? I mean, I don't see the point of just a ISO enter there. Either way, looks great.

Wouldn't you already have the 1.25u shift key from the ISO kit? May I ask what layout this would serve?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 17:50:37 »
As a simple novelty, would it be possible to do Hana in Hangul (Korean)?  It would be 하나.  I realize the theme is almost entirely Japanese but hana is a word found in several languages.  In Korean it's the number 1 but also used as a female name.  In Hebrew, it means grace.  In Albanian it means moon.

You could go with an international array with the novelties, then.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 17:53:15 »
As a simple novelty, would it be possible to do Hana in Hangul (Korean)?  It would be 하나.  I realize the theme is almost entirely Japanese but hana is a word found in several languages.  In Korean it's the number 1 but also used as a female name.  In Hebrew, it means grace.  In Albanian it means moon.

Hmmm... this just gave me an idea. Maybe novelties based on the meaning in different languages? Just not sure if moon and grace will be able to fill out all of the keys I need.

12/26: Probably was a bad idea to restart the thread right before I took my trip to California. I had some vectors in the works when I left on the 22nd, but I won't be able to modify them until I get back to my PC on the 2nd. Sorry.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:05:42 by Vala »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 01:57:35 »

Hmmm... this just gave me an idea. Maybe novelties based on the meaning in different languages? Just not sure if moon and grace will be able to fill out all of the keys I need.

Right, that's kind of what I was thinking with it.  Grace might be tricky to depict but you could go with simply writing Hana in Hebrew.  There would be a bit of an interesting selection there with some text and some imagery.

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 00:30:38 »
I could see myself getting this set if it goes thru as my first dcs!
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline KoalaKaiser

• I make onions cry.
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 13:51:50 »
Those novelties are sweet! Looking forward to this one.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 12:10:16 »
I like this a lot and I'm glad to see the planck support.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:18:23 »
just wanted to stop by again and see how its going. still hyped about this and i will def b jumping in if i can!!
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 10:47:33 »
I'd buy if it were SA

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 13:29:11 »
This is hot. The gf would love this.
Definitely interested.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:49:10 »
I'd buy if it were SA

Seems to be the popular choice at the moment.  That could potentially put it into a July-or-later time frame depending on a few other SA sets that have received pricing and are going into the final IC stages before becoming a group buy. 

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:32:26 »
I love the colors & I'm definitely interested!!!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 20:51:22 by William_S_Jones »

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:25:30 »
hey, i really really like your set. if there is any way i can help out with the gb, let me know. even administrative stuff or like organizationally. i want to see it go through and it's definitely sometihng that i am excited about

Offline hnaeht

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:04:14 »
definitely interestedddddd. so niceee. rly rly like it. my friends and I ready to join GB.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 03:11:14 »
OP hasn't updated this since December, guys. This might be dead  :'(

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 07:54:52 »

That would be a shame. I'm digging the colors and the theme on this set.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 01:26:15 »

OP was gone for a bit before and came back so it's possible for another return.  Worst case, someone else can step in and run with the colorway.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:39:28 »
Hello everybody who is interested in the set :) I have done some restructuring, which includes much nicer renders and the change from DSA to SA. the set is staying DSA

I also come with a poll with 5 different novelty options so I can get some opinions on which one should be in the set.

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/forms/5qbmWaoECt

I very much appreciate your input, thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:56:31 by Vala »

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:11:40 »
The change from DSA to SA.

My dreams keep getting crushed  :'(

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:13:47 »
Prob the first DSA set id consider... Except its not DSA anymore. I dont really know much about the other profiles either
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 20:21:36 »
Seemed nice, but SA...

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:37:36 »
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Hana-Keyset-Interest-Check

Alright, I've made a poll on Massdrop, which includes profile preference, so i'll make it in whatever profile is more popular.
Show your support DSA fans!

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:57:03 »

Don't worry guys, I'm changing the set back to DSA, after looking at the numbers it seems like the more popular choice. Expect new renders and child deals soon!

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:37:52 »

Don't worry guys, I'm changing the set back to DSA, after looking at the numbers it seems like the more popular choice. Expect new renders and child deals soon!

The balance of the force has been restored! Really looking forward to the upcoming kits/novelties! In for 2 sets :p (one for me and one for le gf)

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 22:34:00 »
Is there anywhere I can read about the Pro's and Con's of DSA vs SA? One looks flat, while the other one looks very heavily contoured to the keyboard. Also, what does the SP stand for?
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:04:10 »

Is there anywhere I can read about the Pro's and Con's of DSA vs SA? One looks flat, while the other one looks very heavily contoured to the keyboard. Also, what does the SP stand for?
SP (Signature Plastic) company made SA and DSA keycaps.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:18:40 »

SP (Signature Plastic) company made SA and DSA keycaps.

Ohh I see I see. I guess it's just a matter of preference between DSA and SA.
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:01:39 »
Alright, I've been trying to figure out some spacebar designs for each forum, and this is what I have come up with for Geekhack so far:

Any suggestions?

Also, here are the updated renders!

http://imgur.com/a/zUBeE
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2016, 16:16:50 by Vala »

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 18:46:10 »
Alright, I've been trying to figure out some spacebar designs for each forum, and this is what I have come up with for Geekhack so far:

Show Image

Any suggestions?

Also, here are the updated renders!

http://imgur.com/a/zUBeE

This is looking better and better with every passing day  :cool:
Oh yeah, are these gonna be dyesub PBT or doubleshot ABS?