geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Keyboard Monoflex 60% by SantiGo Custom UPDATE 12.01.2021

(1/20) > >>

SantiGo:
Welcome all! You are greeted by Santigo Custom and our brand new first project done as a part of a team. For those is not familiar with me, I’m renowned for making custom cables (vintage and paracord) and taking part in manufacturing and painting Lyra keyboard.
It’s been a while since we formed a small team with bizunow currently being a lead designer. Everybody had a plenty of ideas and concepts in the world of mechanical keyboards. And today we want to present one of those ideas. It’s uncommon and probably unique of its kind 60% keyboard. I hope you appreciate all efforts put in this project.

Google Form - https://forms.gle/qMajJpBkqBsrjbff7

WHO ARE WE?
Santigo Studio is the team of close friends who have known each other for a long period of time and who create projects in the field of mechanical keyboards. By working hard and putting all efforts from our PCB designer and all keyboard designers we produce products, which definitely won’t leave anyone indifferent

HOW DOES IT HAPPEN?
I’m the owner of two CNC machines (HAAS & Mazak) and because of this I can provide the best price for consumers and control the process of manufacturing myself specifically talking of:
• Case manufacturing
• Sandblast processing
• Quality control
• Packing process
• Anodizing Process or Coating (Cerakote)
90% of all manufacturing process is done locally in Europe, and only PCBs will be produced in China. You don’t need to worry about that because we cooperate with proven Chinese factory. In Lyra’s GB everything ended swimmingly.

I want to devote this paragraph to plate set in our board. It was challenging for us to make exactly Leaf spring plate since we wanted to achieve even flex spreading and the main aim was to have PCB and switches not contacting with the bottom of the board. We’ve spent so much time testing and trying different materials such as aluminum, POM, PC, brass, carbon, ABS and we came up with an idea that non-spring POM and spring carbon fiber are the best options to be used in the plates of our keyboards. Those materials are both flexible and hard, that keep their form and provide spring function, unlike aluminum or brass, which we’ve considered as unsuitable. On the photo you can clearly see that springs are spread equally on the carbon fiber plate. We’ve also tried swapping them, expanded and narrowed them down until we achieved the best possible result.

So the specs are:
   • Manufactured by SantiGo studio in EU  Design bizunow
   • Plate mounting style – something similar to sandwich mount (because plate has special cutout where it will be put and pressed between top and bottom, top and bottom between themselves)
   • Material: Aluminum case 60xx series
   • Carbon fiber leaf-spring plate (regular / half)
          • POM plate (regular / half )
   • PCB: type  C daughterboard
   • Colors:  Black and Silver
   • Layout: 60% with both ANSI and ISO variants available. As an extra option we have 3 different available HHKB/WKL/Regular. You can find the price below.
   • Typing angle: 6.5°
   • Interface – USB Type-C

KIT costs 220 euro and includes:
• 1x – Case (Top and Bottom)
• 1x – PCB Plain C daughterboard
• 2x Plate – One plate Carbon fiber Leaf spring or regular or Half depending on your choice and one POM plate regular.
• 2x – Two foams (from felt): one for bottom, second between PCB and plate
• 80x – Switch films from my friend the_mihalich
• 6x – Screws м2
• 8x – Board legs (4 black 4 with skull image (huge thank to T0mb3ry for boneyard picture)

Extra options that can be bought separately:
• TOP – HHKB/Regular/WKL – 45 euro
• PCB – 30 euro
• PLATE – POM or Carbon fiber Leaf spring (regular / half)  – 25 euro
• Cerakote Coat -  35 eur
• Cable Vintage by SantiGo grey or black (coil 25cm and 1 metr for keyboard Type C like PCB) - 35 eur  ONLY 1 cable with 1 Keyboard

Amount of keyboards is limited – 150 kits and 100 extra tops.
The slots for the GB will be allocated by - FCFS

For faster updates and push notifications regarding this project, please join the:
• Discord - https://discord.gg/bFhK7vx
• Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/santigo_customsss/

Shipment and delivery time:
Worldwide shipment with Ukrainian post – 20 euro with track or Italian – price from 30 up to 55 euro.

Top and Layout
HHKB Regular WKL

Prototype Images

After sandblasting        

Video how work Leaf-spring fiber Carbon plate

SantiGo:
Updated 27.12.2020

-  Anodizing will only be black and gray ...  But there will be an additional service Cerakote the price and a photo using the example of the Lyra Keyboard  Colors sample + photo already painted Lyra (project by @alexbarb  ) - https://imgur.com/a/85pIqrj

- We changed the Legs and made them square at the bottom like a switch 14x14 mm ...
-  Why is that? - I really liked the idea and I have not seen anyone like them, I hope you will like them too. Then we will have in the whale Legs with the theme of GMK Boneyard and its scoop - Thanks to @T0mb3ry for providing the art and the right to use them, and the second ones in the set will be black or gray silicone .. Photo Botom new Legs and  skull - https://imgur.com/a/GHSrcFI

- I want to know your opinion which is better FCFS or Raffle - https://forms.gle/jfMtGE7gyqpvUGfq7

- add on Grey and Bclack 1 cable for one 1 Keyboard size 25cm coil, side keyboard 10cm , side PC 1 metr Type C - https://imgur.com/a/KF8xtwd

PRICE FOR KIT:

KIT costs 220 euro and includes:
• 1x – Case (Top and Bottom)
• 1x – PCB Plain C daughterboard
• 2x Plate – One plate Carbon fiber Leaf spring or regular or Half depending on your choice and one POM plate regular.
• 2x – Two foams (from felt): one for bottom, second between PCB and plate
• 80x – Switch films from my friend the_mihalich
• 6x – Screws м2
• 8x – Board legs (4 black 4 with skull image (huge thank to T0mb3ry for boneyard picture)

Extra options that can be bought separately:
• TOP – HHKB/Regular/WKL – 45 euro
• PCB – 30 euro
• PLATE – POM or Carbon fiber Leaf spring (regular / half)  – 25 euro
• Cerakote Coat -  35 eur
• Cable Vintage by SantiGo grey or black (coil 25cm and 1 metr for keyboard Type C like PCB) - 35 eur  ONLY 1 cable with 1 Keyboard

-GB DATA - SOON
-Plate files will be available after GB
- typing Soon

Updated  07.01.2021 Cerakote[/b]

Hello everyone, the preliminary Cerakote colors that will be available for selection in GB:

1 - BLACK CHERRY     H-319
2 -  AZTEC TEAL              H-349
3 -  PLATINUM GREY        H-337
4 – Rose Gold                  H-327
5 – Polar Blue                  H-326
6 - PINK CHAMPAGNE       H – 311
7 - COPPER BROWN         H-149
8 - BRIGHT PURPLE          H – 217
9-  LIGHT SAND               H-142
10 Cobalt                         H-112

You can check what the colors look after coat in  the website https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating

Updated  12.01.2021 [/b]

ate and time of the group buy will be announced in our discord server, so stay tuned.

1. PCB - As you might remember, the initial plan was to go with Plain-C PCB by Evi. Unfortunately, she have changed her plans, and don't have a time for this project right now.
However, we found even better solution and will work with our two friends you might know from their GitHub and other resources. So let me introduce you keyten  and  Bit Vadol  You can see the photos of their past works below.
The Monoflex PCB will have an astonishing wiring you will instantly love and we are working on it right now.

2. Website - We build a website you can look at right now, to prepare for GB moment:  https://santigo.com.ua/
As long as our paperwork will be approved by payment gateway, we will know the date of GB.
If you have any questions or suggestions for a website, please contact us on discord server

3. Group buy - GB will be FCFS, kits are limited to 150 + 150 Extra tops.
IMPORTANT! Only 1 kit and 1 extra top allowed per one person. Selling spots will lead to permanent ban for this and all our future group buys.
Plate CAD files will be publicly available after GB.

4. Shipment\ - we are currently negotiating with different international companies like UPS and DHL, as well as with Ukrposhta Ukrainian post. Estimated cost is 30-35 EUR for worldwide shipping

P.S. I screwed up the audio on typing demo, the new video will be recorded this week

Example Work

epyllion:
Oh man, this looks awesome! I really like the estimated price as well.

G14D:
The typing demo, can't hear anything.

yoot:
This keyboard looks very good for the price. GLWIC  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version