geekhack Marketplace > Originative

GMK SNES

(1/33) > >>

sherryton:
Thanks to a collaboration with intelli, I will be taking over the project.

Andy (livingspeedbump) will be helping with the set and keys. In my opinion, he did a fantastic job with the Honeywell.

The kit is at 200+ strong right now. We're looking to drop about 10-20% of the keys, and we can get a group buy price of around $165. Due to the custom colors, pad printing, and the samples that we need to order for the original products.

Please ignore the colors on the right chart, but this is how we want the set. https://imgur.com/46JrYAM

Andy and I will be taking in your opinions right now before we go ahead and figure out the last pricing. A user suggested Start and Select. I really like this idea, and I would like to replace the Windows and Menu key. Does anyone have any suggestions on the colors for the Menu keys? Imo, it doesn't make sense because the original Start and Select did not have any coloring, so let me know what you guys think. Please discuss everything here!

xondat:
Why that 1.5u backspace?

It should be this:

The block style is awful. Please change this.

I also think the RGBY caps should be have white legends.

Would also like to see "Control", not "Ctrl".

megaforce:
Man I feel like all these keys are needed to stay true to the SNES...

sherryton:

--- Quote from: xondat on Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:02:36 ---Why that 1.5u backspace?

Show Image

It should be this:

Show Image

The block style is awful. Please change this.

I also think the RGBY caps should be have white legends.

--- End quote ---

That backspace! For sure we need that backspace. I'll consider the white legends, but it's most likely not going to happen. I like the way it is!

--- Quote from: megaforce93 on Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:02:38 ---Man I feel like all these keys are needed to stay true to the SNES...

--- End quote ---

All these keys will be kept. We already eliminated the keys. You can refer to the original group buy maybe to see the eliminated keys.

xondat:

--- Quote from: sherryton on Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:04:18 ---That backspace! For sure we need that backspace.

--- End quote ---

Good. Will it be replacing the block style, or in addition?

I also think it's noting that if I wanted a light purple accent row, but I used split backspace, I wouldn't be able to. A light purple base |\ would fix that, but I can understand not wanting to add anymore keys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version