Author Topic: Shabbat Shalom!  (Read 1589 times)

Offline HebrewHammer

Shabbat Shalom!
« on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 23:39:56 »
Greetings, I've been looking for a new board to complement my 6gv2. Recently I ordered a Filco MJ2 with browns, but didn't really care for how light the switch was.
Majority of me disliking the browns is probably due to using stock blacks for several years. My keyboard experience is pretty much limited to using blacks, browns, and rubber domes.

I had a razer lycosa for several years before passing it on to a friend, and after him having it for another few years, the thing looks like its been through several wars.

I've been looking at either a GON nerd TKL or a Topre realforce 55g to complement, I want something with just a little less force than what the blacks are. The look of the gon is just incredible  :eek:
Switches would be either blacks at 67g or clears at 67g, but I've never tried clears so I'm kind of on the post about them.
Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Shabbat Shalom!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:44:38 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Complement - as in opposite, or quite different?  The 55g RealForce would probably fit that bill.  Different switches.  Different keycaps (PBT, mostly).  55g force, which many say is really nice (I have only tried 45g in my HHKB).

Topre are slightly non-linear though - you get a nice bump just as you start to press the key, then it is cup rubber all the way!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 08:46:44 »
Thanks! I'm not so sure if I would like to have the opposite, but I have definitely been interested in the topre boards for a while now. The topre would be really nice, the custom would be fun to build.

Finding keycaps for topre seems more of a pain.

I'll have to think about it some more  :p

Offline Parak

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 09:26:26 »
Hey, what are you doing using computers on shabbos?!

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 09:35:58 »
Haha, not my religion, I just like the movie. The Hebrew Hammer has a quote involving the title name.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 10:54:10 »
Haha, not my religion, I just like the movie. The Hebrew Hammer has a quote involving the title name.

Adam Carolla is a king amongst men.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Remedy

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 13:23:54 »

What does Adam Carolla have to do with The Hebrew Hammer?  Mordechai Jefferson Carver aka The Hebrew Hammer is played by Adam Goldberg in the film.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 13:31:52 »

What does Adam Carolla have to do with The Hebrew Hammer?  Mordechai Jefferson Carver aka The Hebrew Hammer is played by Adam Goldberg in the film.

Hmm, have you ever seen Adam Carolla and Adam Goldberg in the same place at the same time?  Maybe they are really the same person?  Think about it. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:31:02 »
Didn't Adam Corolla do the Man's Show?  :p

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 15:08:55 »
Oooooooops I was quick to pull the trigger. For some reason, I only processed 'The Hammer'. The Hebrew Hammer was tight too. I'd give them both a lot of thumbs up.

Oh, and welcome to Geekhack!!!
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much