Author Topic: Been a lurker, made an account, just wanting to talk :)  (Read 1703 times)

Offline z_weenie

Been a lurker, made an account, just wanting to talk :)
« on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 20:07:03 »
Hey all! Ever since seeing pro gamers using mechs a few months ago, I knew that I had to buy at least one for myself. What I didn't know was that it would soon become a hobby of mine, almost spiraling into an obsession (CM Quickfire Pro W/ Browns, Poker 2 W/ Blues, WASD Code W/ Clears.. And various PBT keycap sets) :p
Finally, I've found something that really interests me and something that I can be good at (since I do a lot of typing) so thanks to all of you for helping out newbies, posting reviews and all that jazz, and I'm proud to be affiliated with the mechanical keyboard master race!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: Been a lurker, made an account, just wanting to talk :)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 20:09:35 »
Hey all! Ever since seeing pro gamers using mechs a few months ago, I knew that I had to buy at least one for myself. What I didn't know was that it would soon become a hobby of mine, almost spiraling into an obsession (CM Quickfire Pro W/ Browns, Poker 2 W/ Blues, WASD Code W/ Clears.. And various PBT keycap sets) :p
Finally, I've found something that really interests me and something that I can be good at (since I do a lot of typing) so thanks to all of you for helping out newbies, posting reviews and all that jazz, and I'm proud to be affiliated with the mechanical keyboard master race!
Welcome. Seems you've already become addicted, so there can be no helping you now.Better to just keep buying more boards. ;)

Offline z_weenie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 21:36:46 »
Welcome. Seems you've already become addicted, so there can be no helping you now.Better to just keep buying more boards. ;)
Haha that's the plan I think, I know that I'm looking more and more into novelty caps as they aren't as expensive but are just as fun! Also keycap sets are super appealing, especially nice ones like the galaxy one I've seen

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 21:59:59 »
Welcome to our club: it's just like a brothel only we are sold industrial/military grade equipment instead of babes!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 22:29:28 »
Welcome to GH! Sounds like you'll for right in haha. I also got interested in mechs because of pro gaming streams.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 03:05:32 »
Haha that's the plan I think, I know that I'm looking more and more into novelty caps as they aren't as expensive but are just as fun! Also keycap sets are super appealing, especially nice ones like the galaxy one I've seen

Welcome to GeekHack!

I just received my Galaxy Class set a couple days ago from TechKeys. It wasn't cheap, but it was totally worth it. I'm in love with the set, it's gorgeous and really high quality. Numpad sets are sold out already though, I think. Still some base sets and tsangan up for grabs though! Probably the last chance to get the set.

Enjoy your stay at WalletHack.  :))

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:36:07 »
neat
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 04:13:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

"keyboard master race" - but I didn't see HHKB in your list :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ