Author Topic: Hello from NOLA  (Read 1255 times)

Offline OneDudeWolfPack

Hello from NOLA
« on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 16:26:22 »
Hello,
Joined up here after lurking for far too long. I have a few WASD keyboards and need to build my Ergodox soon. I'm looking for some parts for my Ergodox build. 

WASD V2 87 key
WASD Code with Granite V1 set
Ergodox #1- work in progress

WASD V2 Blue MX 87-key Granite R2 | WASD Code Clear MX 104-key w/ Granite R1 | Ergodox #1 - Full with Green MX & Granite R3 keycaps | Ergodox #2 - Full with Blue MX Granite R2

Offline scubaste

Re: Hello from NOLA
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 16:36:13 »
Welcome! I <3 Nola.

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 00:10:41 »
Welcome! I was a lurker too but joining was a great move. Everyone here is very helpful and supportive!
Good luck with your ergodox build  :thumb:
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 05:11:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A nice collection you have there :)

What switches have you got, and do you have a switch preference?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline OneDudeWolfPack

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 22:49:33 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A nice collection you have there :)

What switches have you got, and do you have a switch preference?

Hi Rowdy,
So far the Clears and Greens seem to be my favorites.  When quiet typing is required the Clears seem to satisfy my preference for a stiffer switch.  I tend to keep the WASD 87-key in my laptop bag when travel is needed.

*Updated my sig to give more information.

WASD V2 Blue MX 87-key (Colemak)
WASD Code Clear MX 104-key
Ergodox #1 - Full with Green MX & Granite R1 keycaps - Black aluminum top plate
Ergodox #2 on order - Full with Green MX & looking for keycaps - No top plate
WASD V2 Blue MX 87-key Granite R2 | WASD Code Clear MX 104-key w/ Granite R1 | Ergodox #1 - Full with Green MX & Granite R3 keycaps | Ergodox #2 - Full with Blue MX Granite R2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 04:22:03 »
Greens - nice :)  I use those at work and no-one seems to mind the noise (mind you, one of the other guys is using MX blues).

I have not tried clears yet, but they are on my wish list.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ