Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Clearly Superior Username

Greetings!
« on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 02:22:38 »
hey there, i've been a keyboard enthusiast for quite a while now, even though i only own a poker ii with cherry mx browns (im planning to get more, but my wallet does not like me!). i've also been lurking here for a few months, and i think its finally time for me to register. I live in Lebanon, not the best country in the world but not the last place id ever want to live in so whatever lol. my favorite game for the moment is cs:go, and i also made the Corpsemopolitan, a hat in Team Fortress 2, even though i dont play tf2 as much as i did before.

But still, good to make an account here after all that time!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 03:12:04 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Poker - nice one :)

And thoughts about which keyboard you might get next?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 04:06:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

thanks! To be honest, i have no idea of which keyboard i want next  :D, probably something more expensive like an hhkb or ergodox. but if i get more than one keyboard, my family would go "WHY WOULD YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE KEYBOARD, WE DONT HAVE INFINITE MONEY" but that wont stop me :P

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 04:11:55 »
Welcome to GH!

you lurked for months without buying something?!?? you sure are strong willed!
should definitely get a nice board next, to give you a harder time making a decision i suggest you take a look around the Korean customs!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 04:15:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

thanks! To be honest, i have no idea of which keyboard i want next  :D, probably something more expensive like an hhkb or ergodox. but if i get more than one keyboard, my family would go "WHY WOULD YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE KEYBOARD, WE DONT HAVE INFINITE MONEY" but that wont stop me :P

Have you got more than one computer?

Other than that you could say that the HHKB is to relax your fingers when they are tired ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 06:12:56 »
Welcome to GH!

you lurked for months without buying something?!?? you sure are strong willed!
should definitely get a nice board next, to give you a harder time making a decision i suggest you take a look around the Korean customs!

thanks! also even though i am strong willed, i cry myself to sleep when i know im not buying anything lol. Korean customs? dont give me a harder time man :P

Welcome to Geekhack!

Other than that you could say that the HHKB is to relax your fingers when they are tired ;)

yes i got more than one pc, the one i have is my first gaming pc and ive had it for almost 4 years, im upgrading asap though.

haha, that makes me want to try topre even more.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 17:43:35 »

yes i got more than one pc, the one i have is my first gaming pc and ive had it for almost 4 years, im upgrading asap though.

haha, that makes me want to try topre even more.

There you go - immediate need for 2 keyboards.

And if you upgrade the older one, keep the bits to make a server so you can teach yourself GNU/Linux - there's an excuse for a third keyboard!