Author Topic: Hello Peoples  (Read 918 times)

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
Hello Peoples
« on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 08:59:00 »
Hello,

My name is Sam and i'm 19. I live in Sydney and have a strange addiction for keyboards and my girlfriend. Anyway lately I have done a lot of research into silicone moulds and making stuff with resin. I have orderd all the materials I think I will need to start my own project. I am completely aware that I will fail multiple times and at many stages with making Keys but this is something I am very passionate about, even if I never end up selling and just make them for my personal keyboard. Hopefully I do not die from toxic fumes and everything ends up going well! :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello Peoples
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 19:39:15 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There's lots of tips in the making stuff together section.

Good luck - and please post pictures of what you make, whether it works or not :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 19:41:10 »
Welcome. I will look forward to your work :thumb:

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 22:41:13 »
Welcome on board!
Great to see another diving into the world of artisan keycap making.
Best of luck and make sure to post pictures!
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 02:27:41 »
Welcome! Good luck!  :thumb:

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 09:06:39 »
Welcome to GH!

i both do and don't look forward to seeing your work as my wallet is already empty lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition