Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 860 times)

Offline Idle Ender

Hey everyone
« on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 11:02:54 »
Im new to mech keyboards and figured Id upgrade from the junk emachines one Ive been using for years. I recently put together a nice rig and wanted a good keyboard to go with it so I picked up a lightly used tenkeyless Ducky Shine II (black with white led) for a good price. Problem is, im from Americaland and this is an ISO with a goofy enter key that will take some getting used to. Anyways, wish me luck.

Offline Joebroniee

Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 09:34:17 »
Welcome and goodluck. ISO is a funky layout to us 'muricans, how'd you get one in the states?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:53:13 »
Welcome to GH!

you're a brave man, i'll probably never tackle changing to an ISO layout
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 03:33:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing the money that some people spend on a computer, and then use any old keyboard.  You have at least seen the light :)

ISO is a challenge - good luck with that!  Ducky is a great keyboard, but I don't think you can modify it to ANSI.  The alternative is to see if you can trade it for an equivalent ANSI, but in Americaland that might be difficult.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ