Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Ciemnika

Hello
« on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 19:38:34 »
Hi there! Long-time mechanical keyboard user (learned to type on a Model M!). Since then, I've had a Razer Black Window Ultimate, Das Professional, and now, currently, a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL. The current goal is to find a metal housing for the Filco to replace the factory standard one. Happy typing!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 20:53:46 »
Welcome to GH!

Do you still have your model M now? Also I'm not sure if they're in stock but MechanicalKeyboards.com has aluminum cases for the Filco.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 22:58:15 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What switches in your Filco?

Aluminium cases for Filco are around, although most places seem to be out of stock.  Quality varies, so be sure to search GH if you find one to see what other think of that particular case.

For example:

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=280
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=212
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 02:47:26 »
I liked the bit about the 'current' goal... You're amongst friends.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline Ciemnika

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 20:03:17 »
@Evo_Spec - The model Ms are gone, long ago having worn out and been replaced. I like the Model M, but it's (and always was IMO) way too large.

@rowdy - They're browns. I'd probably have gotten clears, but I'm impatient, and the browns are cool. I've used blues extensively in the past, too, but they're just too noisy for me. I've seen a number of the cases around, but all are out of stock. As I said, patience isn't my strong suite.

@hoggy - Always got to have a goal. When you reach one, it's time for another!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 21:47:23 »
@rowdy - They're browns. I'd probably have gotten clears, but I'm impatient, and the browns are cool. I've used blues extensively in the past, too, but they're just too noisy for me. I've seen a number of the cases around, but all are out of stock. As I said, patience isn't my strong suite.

When something you seek is rare, or too expensive, patience is the key.

Some people manage to be in the right place at the right time.  Every single time!  Grrr ...

Otherwise just hang on - there's lots to explore in the keyboard world.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ