Author Topic: Long time follower but new to posting, so introduction time!  (Read 1615 times)

Offline wazup

Long time follower but new to posting, so introduction time!
« on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 23:06:09 »
Thought I should introduce myself as I plan on participating in group buys, and also thought I should share some images of the my current keyboard collection to fellow enthusiasts.

I started off the ducky 9008G2 with cherry browns and fell in love with it, and this is the keyboard I am currently using at work.  The next purchase was an old school IBM Model M from a university surplus store.  The sound of typing on this keyboard brings joy every time. Also you can barely see the Yamakasi Catleap Q270SE, which purrs at 119Hz and makes motion blur a concern of the past.  I can't stress enough how much better everything looks at the higher refresh rate, hands down the best visual upgrade I have spent money on.

I then tried to pick up some more oldies, and happened across an APPLE M0110A with Mitsumi switches and an AEKII with cream alps.  Programming a teensy for both of these is going to be my summer project, but I have them cleaned up nice!

I also branched out to try different cherry switches.  First was the cheap monoprice keyboard to try out some blues.  Seriously though the leds on caps lock/others are so bright that I taped over them to prevent blindness.  I still prefer browns but my wife really enjoys the blues, so still a win.  I then wanted a smaller form factor for home, and happened across the Noppoo Choc Mini on ebay with a broken switch, so I got a keyboard with cherry reds for a great price.  Got that fixed up and it is working perfectly as my main keyboard at home. Also included is the G400s, as I broke my last MX518 recently and still refuse to switch to something else.

Thanks for reading  :thumb:
||  Ducky 9008 G2 (MX Brown)  ||  Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red)  ||  Monoprice 9433 (MX Blue)  ||  IBM Model M ('90)  ||  Apple Extended Keyboard II ('90©, cream damped Alps)  ||  Apple M0110A ('87, Mitsumi)  ||

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Long time follower but new to posting, so introduction time!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 23:17:07 »
That's quite a collection for a newcomer.  notbad.jpg

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 02:01:25 »
Welcome! Looks like you've got a good sampling of many switch types, maybe need some Topre soon :v

Offline wazup

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:40:30 »
I do want to try out topre, but unfortunately the price barrier is higher so I would really like to try them in a store first.
||  Ducky 9008 G2 (MX Brown)  ||  Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red)  ||  Monoprice 9433 (MX Blue)  ||  IBM Model M ('90)  ||  Apple Extended Keyboard II ('90©, cream damped Alps)  ||  Apple M0110A ('87, Mitsumi)  ||

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 00:11:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice collection, and nice variety too :)

There are occasionally Topre tours where someone ships a Topre keyboard around the country (depending on which country you are in, of course).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ