Author Topic: Hey guys!~  (Read 1841 times)

Offline beccapark

• Hey guys!~~
Hey guys!~
« on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 10:33:32 »
Hey guys!

I am new to mechanical keyboards but I have been lurking here for a while and also browsing /r/mechanicalkeyboards.

I've currently only got one keyboard : Leopold FC750R with MX blues. I think it's amazing, and has made me want to get even more keyboards with different switches after seeing everyone's photos. I can see why this place is called wallethack :P

I've also been a big fan of clickclack keycaps for a long time since seeing them first on reddit. I have been looking for my first clack on mechmarket but have had no luck so far : <

Really looking forward to becoming a part of this great community!

Thanks!~

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: Hey guys!~
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 10:36:18 »
Welcome and good luck with your hunting of clacks, you'll need a thick wallet or a lot of luck in the sales :)
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 10:42:07 »
Welcome!

You made the right choice - this is a great community and the more you put in, the more you get back!

Don't be shy to participate, most of us here are friendly and won't bite. We're all willing to help out as much as we can =P

You're off to a good start! The Leopold is a great KB!

Getting a CC takes time and luck but your chances at getting one are higher if you're active on the community (and have other caps or money to exchange for them)

Good luck and see you around =)
null

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:38:48 »
Welcome and beware of the wallethack! :))

I'm not the biggest fan of CCs, but I wish you luck on attaining one!

We're happy to have you here and don't be afraid to jump on a thread and show some constructive input.  :thumb:

Offline beccapark

• Hey guys!~~
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 15:25:29 »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes <3

Welcome and good luck with your hunting of clacks, you'll need a thick wallet or a lot of luck in the sales :)
Looking at the prices they sell for.. I guess I will :(

I've heard that they sold originally for quite cheap though, around $50. Is this true? How come people sell them for so much?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 16:42:02 »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes <3

Looking at the prices they sell for.. I guess I will :(

I've heard that they sold originally for quite cheap though, around $50. Is this true? How come people sell them for so much?

Short answer? Because they can.

They actually started at like $8-16 years ago. Retail now can be from $35-165. Aftermarket, no limit, I guess.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline beccapark

• Hey guys!~~
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 07:35:58 »

They actually started at like $8-16 years ago. Retail now can be from $35-165. Aftermarket, no limit, I guess.
Oh, I see.. It's a shame that people sell them for profit :(

I'm guessing people rarely sell them for what they paid?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 07:43:01 »

Oh, I see.. It's a shame that people sell them for profit :(

I'm guessing people rarely sell them for what they paid?
when it happens, it's sold in a minute, or through giveaway.
As long as people will pay the aftermarket prices, there will be seller.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 04:22:44 »
Welcome! What got you interested in mechanical keyboards in the first place?

I'm sure you'll find a Clack at some point, best of luck :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 01:38:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have patience, and you will eventually acquire a CC.  The detail in them is fantastic!  Some people are lucky and manage to acquire one not long after joining GH, others wait months and enter many sales before they are lucky.

So stick around, participate in the community, and good luck! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ