Author Topic: TrulyErgonomic first key on number row  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
TrulyErgonomic first key on number row
« on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 14:43:39 »
The default TE mapping for the key in the upper leftmost key is an angled quote ' and shifted double quote "

This is the key right under the escape key which is the one in the most top, leftmost position. That is, the first one in the number row.

However I can't get that key in either OS X or Windows. In their support documentation it's listed as controlled by DIP #4 in the standard Firmware which I don't use.

http://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/installation-and-quick-start-guide--truly-ergonomic-mechanical-keyboard

For my 209 it's either Europe-2 or International-3 for JIS layout. I'm just ANSI/US.

Anyhow, the TE has a surfeit of keys, and this is one I don't have a good use for. Any ideas on a good mapping for that one?
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.

Offline nomaded

Re: TrulyErgonomic first key on number row
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:18:08 »
With my custom layout on my 209, I have that key set to <esc>, so now I have 2 of them.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 17:18:27 »
With my custom layout on my 209, I have that key set to <esc>, so now I have 2 of them.

That's a good idea. I'd like to have keys be unique, but they have enough extra ones that it's hard to do.
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.

Offline Azteca

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 16:16:42 »
I'm also ANSI/US with TEK 209.

I setup as <Tab> so I can <Alt-Tab> and <Ctrl-Tab> easier.

They do have this option for their 207 with DIP#4
https://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/installation-and-quick-start-guide--truly-ergonomic-mechanical-keyboard#DIP