Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 336833 times)

Offline method_

Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 03:57:41 »
Been playing The Forest on steam, quite the adventure !
thock program.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #601 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 11:36:37 »
Been playing Warframe for the past couple months. If you like Destiny 2 then you'll prolly like it.

It's free to play, but I like how everything in the game can be attained without spending a dime. There are cosmetics that are locked behind the premium currency (platinum), but you can sell in game items to other players for platinum to buy them. I spent ~$60 so far, but don't think I'll ever need to buy more when I can just sell items. I figure that's about the price of a premium game anyway, so I'll get a bit of a head start as well.

It's honestly a great system, and I hope more free to play games follow this model in the future. There is a lot of grinding, but that's kind of expected from a game like this.

You'll love Arena of Valor !!!

Eh not really into mobile games. I only play games when I'm at home anyway.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Meowsaur

• I don't like that.
« Reply #602 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 12:51:15 »
Been playing Warframe for the past couple months. If you like Destiny 2 then you'll prolly like it.

It's free to play, but I like how everything in the game can be attained without spending a dime. There are cosmetics that are locked behind the premium currency (platinum), but you can sell in game items to other players for platinum to buy them. I spent ~$60 so far, but don't think I'll ever need to buy more when I can just sell items. I figure that's about the price of a premium game anyway, so I'll get a bit of a head start as well.

It's honestly a great system, and I hope more free to play games follow this model in the future. There is a lot of grinding, but that's kind of expected from a game like this.

I think the worst thing about Warframe is the initial start-up, to be honest. Without someone to mentor you, it's pretty tough to get into. Too many mechanics to learn, everybody too far ahead of you, not being able to get decent weapons as they're all MR locked. You have to spend about 50 hours in-game until you're at the point where you can keep up with other players.

Once you're at that point though; I agree, it's a fantastic game.
1200 hours wasted and counting.

(Also Fortuna hype).

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #603 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 13:21:12 »

You'll love Arena of Valor !!!

Eh not really into mobile games. I only play games when I'm at home anyway.

I play it on PC through the Nox app player..

It works much better than tablet.. well, cuz GPU p0wr. !!

Hahahha

Offline haanuman

« Reply #604 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 04:46:03 »
Currently I am playing dead space, pretty tight game.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #605 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 04:54:34 »
Yeah it's a great game. One of the few horror titles that actually had my heart rate up in a few places.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #606 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 11:13:32 »
Yeah it's a great game. One of the few horror titles that actually had my heart rate up in a few places.

I don't like not having a gun..  that's thoroughly unamerican..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #607 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 11:51:12 »

Use your imagination.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #608 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 12:06:52 »

Use your imagination.

Whats the button to make Isaac point his hand like a pistol and say "pew pew?"
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #609 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 10:42:52 »

I think the worst thing about Warframe is the initial start-up, to be honest. Without someone to mentor you, it's pretty tough to get into. Too many mechanics to learn, everybody too far ahead of you, not being able to get decent weapons as they're all MR locked. You have to spend about 50 hours in-game until you're at the point where you can keep up with other players.

Once you're at that point though; I agree, it's a fantastic game.
1200 hours wasted and counting.

(Also Fortuna hype).

Yea I admit I almost quit in the beginning because of the sheer amount of content to wade through. That and the fact that I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Outdated guides, no in-game tutorials, and having to look at the wiki every 5 minutes was pretty infuriating. Glad I stuck around though.

700 hours and counting, can't wait for the new content!
FC660C | FC980C

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #610 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 20:59:56 »

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #611 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 10:57:30 »
Show Image

Is that Dragon Warrior for NES? I guess it could be any of a number of mid-late '80s console rpg.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #612 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:06:18 »
Show Image

Is that Dragon Warrior for NES? I guess it could be any of a number of mid-late '80s console rpg.

mayyybe

Offline smarmar

« Reply #613 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:35:55 »
Show Image

mayyybe

Do tell. Yer killin' me!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:58:14 »
Show Image

mayyybe

Do tell. Yer killin' me!

Haha, it's just plain ole Dragon Warrior 1. Nothing fancy like Dragon Quest 1 with one of the english lang patches.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 14:49:07 »
None.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #617 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:17:18 »
None.

Oh, lookie Mr. Responsible with Time.. !!

Nah I have other reasons, reasons which make me want to lock myself in a room and just play gamea all day.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #618 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:40:59 »
None.

Nah I have other reasons, reasons which make me want to lock myself in a room and just play gamea all day.

Arena of Valor !!!

Best game in the History of Mankind..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 18:11:13 »
None.

Arena of Valor !!!

Best game in the History of Mankind..

These days when I play simple games I ask myself how the developers done did did it. The shear wizardry I tell ya.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 19:13:38 »

These days when I play simple games I ask myself how the developers done did did it. The shear wizardry I tell ya.

Play Arena of Valor,  the programming behind it is an art-form..

It is incredibly battery efficient, despite great graphics..

The control latency, engine syncing, social engineering, all extremely elevated..

I agree that there is alot of good OLD stuff.

Warcraft 3 Dota epitomized Gaming. Moba gamestyle that kids take for grant these days, IS in fact the ultimate interactive entertainment, perfectly tuned for human engagement.

It has the perfect blend of action and strategy..

AOV, is the most Polished Moba ever, finally removing the tediously bulky elements.

AOV is like 100% pure cocaine, vs LeagueOL which is at best 25% .

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #621 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 19:36:04 »

Play Arena of Valor,  the programming behind it is an art-form..

It is incredibly battery efficient, despite great graphics..

The control latency, engine syncing, social engineering, all extremely elevated..

I agree that there is alot of good OLD stuff.

Warcraft 3 Dota epitomized Gaming. Moba gamestyle that kids take for grant these days, IS in fact the ultimate interactive entertainment, perfectly tuned for human engagement.

It has the perfect blend of action and strategy..

AOV, is the most Polished Moba ever, finally removing the tediously bulky elements.

AOV is like 100% pure cocaine, vs LeagueOL which is at best 25% .

I'm just not the type for MOBAs. When I'm in the mode for newer games I prefer action based combat MMOPRGs/rpgs (probably said this before.. like Tera--even tho the NEET factor is off the chart).

I'm cool with researching dungeons, planning out what weapon/gear drops to look for, enemy weaknesses, damage cycles, etc.

Wish I had more time for them to be honest. When I find a new one the first thing I do is turn off (mouse) click to move..  :-[

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 10:43:07 »

I'm just not the type for MOBAs. When I'm in the mode for newer games I prefer action based combat MMOPRGs/rpgs (probably said this before.. like Tera--even tho the NEET factor is off the chart).

I'm cool with researching dungeons, planning out what weapon/gear drops to look for, enemy weaknesses, damage cycles, etc.

Wish I had more time for them to be honest. When I find a new one the first thing I do is turn off (mouse) click to move..  :-[

Many people have trouble getting into MOBA, because Dota2, LeagueOL, Dota OG, are all very long and has tedious item tree.

Arena of Valor and Mobile legends are very different, they're simplified and work much better as moba entries..

They're also much shorter games 10-15 minutes vs 45minutes to 1hr on D2, LOL, D1

Offline smarmar

« Reply #623 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 11:01:19 »
Since recently completing Portal 2 I've been jonzin' for more content set in the Half-Life world. I happened upon Portal Stories: MEL, a fan company-made Portal prequel by Prism Studios. So far, so good :thumb: The detail, atmosphere, and voice acting are all top notch. Whomever they hired as a J K Simmons sound-alike to continue the role of Cave Johnson is spot on!

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #624 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 11:06:17 »

Many people have trouble getting into MOBA, because Dota2, LeagueOL, Dota OG, are all very long and has tedious item tree.

Arena of Valor and Mobile legends are very different, they're simplified and work much better as moba entries..

They're also much shorter games 10-15 minutes vs 45minutes to 1hr on D2, LOL, D1

Dota 2 has since received a "Turbo" mode; which generally cuts the games down to 25-35min, doubles gold and generally is wayyy more forgiving than normal. It's not bad; It was a little off putting at first; but definitely pretty nice compared to the 45-1hr games if you don't have much time to spare.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #625 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 14:20:54 »
Uncharted 4.
So far it's fantastic.
Graphics are really more than I expected from a Playstation, although the framerate isn't too great in places.
The game itself is totally awesome though. Perfect mix of humor action and puzzles.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #626 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 14:30:49 »
Dota 2 has since received a "Turbo" mode; which generally cuts the games down to 25-35min, doubles gold and generally is wayyy more forgiving than normal. It's not bad; It was a little off putting at first; but definitely pretty nice compared to the 45-1hr games if you don't have much time to spare.

Just make sure to ban techies!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #627 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 16:42:16 »
Just picked up Bloodstained last night, and been playing the Mega Man 11 demo a little bit. I cannot believe they took out the door transition that's been a part of every damn MM game ever, now when you go through a door he just falls and walks through  >:D

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #628 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 11:44:56 »

You speak the truth hahaha; Turns it back into regular Dota with bonus gold -_-. Seems like alot of team comps that I played against were built around ratting comps too. Not exactly the most fun way to play imo, but it wins I guess

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #629 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 18:30:46 »

You speak the truth hahaha; Turns it back into regular Dota with bonus gold -_-. Seems like alot of team comps that I played against were built around ratting comps too. Not exactly the most fun way to play imo, but it wins I guess

U guys need to play AOV,  I've tried original Dota, Dota 2, LOL,  they're all slow as mollasses compared to Mobile Legend or Arena of Valor.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #630 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 20:06:37 »
So that's what Blast Off! means.. whoa

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #631 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:18:49 »

U guys need to play AOV,  I've tried original Dota, Dota 2, LOL,  they're all slow as mollasses compared to Mobile Legend or Arena of Valor.

I've since quit MOBAs in general; MOBA costume collection ran parallel to my collection of keycaps; and I could only afford (Both attention and money) to have one haha. I play from time to time as those are the only games some old friends play; but it's more to bs and talk crap.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #632 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 18:16:29 »
I was a 'techie' in most of the MMO siege wars that I participated in. My traps were especially vindictive. I totally forgot about that, heh

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #633 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 18:54:49 »
Can't stop playing Dota. Everytime i try to quit and play other games but i always come back. No other game offers nearly the depth/responsiveness to obsession. I've been playing dota for like 10 years now and I still learn new mechanics/interactions all the time.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #634 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 22:46:19 »
I'm very .....Taken with Destiny 2.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #635 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 22:47:52 »
Can't stop playing Dota. Everytime i try to quit and play other games but i always come back. No other game offers nearly the depth/responsiveness to obsession. I've been playing dota for like 10 years now and I still learn new mechanics/interactions all the time.

Tp4 quit Arena of Valor recently..

Switched to Overwatch..  pretty fun.. don't know if will relapse to AOV

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #636 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 04:20:59 »

I played Runescape from 2005 all the way until 2014, so I know the feeling. If I hadn't gotten temp-banned I probably wouldn't have stopped.

Offline rockosmodlife

• ok yes but
« Reply #637 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 14:21:34 »
CS:GO, but I've mostly been playing wingman. I also got back into playing Terraria a couple of days ago.
Vortex Pure MX Blues

Offline 8Bitterness

« Reply #638 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 15:41:51 »
Been going between Escape From Tarkov, Quake Champions and some bhop on CS:S.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #639 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 16:49:39 »
I've seen some streams of Escape From Tarkov and it looks absolutely awesome. I wouldn't want to play it solo though, that seems like a rough time.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #640 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 14:38:27 »
I've seen some streams of Escape From Tarkov and it looks absolutely awesome. I wouldn't want to play it solo though, that seems like a rough time.

Let's say Ya want to infiltrate 'Murican'' puters of high ranking officials.

You can't get in easily because they are less likely to install unknown software to their person PCs.

So, you make a pc game.. all the young people install it, NOW you have your attack platform as it runs on their house wifi..

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #641 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 01:13:21 »
I've started playing EFT again after about a month or two of not having enough time and only playing some Dead Cells on the go on my Switch, and I fecking love it... the atmosphere and the gunplay is bliss. (Solo is doable and an even bigger adrenalin rush, but you do have disadvantages when facing groups.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #642 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 06:42:43 »
I've started playing EFT again after about a month or two of not having enough time and only playing some Dead Cells on the go on my Switch, and I fecking love it... the atmosphere and the gunplay is bliss. (Solo is doable and an even bigger adrenalin rush, but you do have disadvantages when facing groups.
I could imagine facing groups in that is no bueno if you aren't hardcore at it.

Just started God of War.
Fantastic game so far. Didn't quite know what to expect going in but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #643 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 09:47:38 »

Let's say Ya want to infiltrate 'Murican'' puters of high ranking officials.

You can't get in easily because they are less likely to install unknown software to their person PCs.

So, you make a pc game.. all the young people install it, NOW you have your attack platform as it runs on their house wifi..

Sounds like the same principle for why they (I can't remember if gov or not) said not to buy huawei stuff

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #644 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 09:48:10 »
dragon quest 11

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #645 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 09:50:09 »
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, ugh it's so good!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #646 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 22:36:05 »
Been addicted to this Hogwarts Mystery game on mobile. Given how thin on actual play mechanics it is, tant amount to tapping and waiting with some spell casting and dueling inbetween, the story and atmosphere really serve to scratch that Harry Potter itch. You go through all 7 years at Hogwarts as the plot unfolds, and I've been playing for about two weeks and just got to the third year, so I do wonder what will happen at the end to keep players wanting to come back. At least until the new Fantastic Beasts movie comes out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 September 2018, 22:37:44 by noisyturtle »

Offline MichealHeitz

« Reply #647 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 07:46:40 »
I am going retro these days.....going through Sega's Street of rage series and Mega Man of Nintendo

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 14:11:01 »
Wipeout HD, BallisticNG, and Witcher 3 are the games i've been playing recently
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #649 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 17:23:52 »
played a few rounds of Ironsight at my mates and totally ripped everyone apart in it, so I started playing it at home too. great little free to play shooter

aaaand, I'm also hooked back on Escape From Tarkov... man I love that game.

also, a few runs of Dead Cells on my switch every now and then