Author Topic: [GB] GMK Classic Beige  (Read 192645 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] GMK Classic Beige
« Reply #700 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:26:11 »
I mostly need only the mods to make my QWERTZ set into an ANSI standard bottom row set, but I would happily support a future run by buying a full set.

Yeah, I have like 4 vintage QWERTZ sets, so I'd be interested in buying like 3 Moogle Kits + a 6.25 spacebar to use them on modern boards.

Basically this (taken from jdcarpe's WTB thread):

I think if those Moogle Kits were in the 25-30$ area, we would reach MOQ in a week  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #701 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:33:25 »
I mostly need only the mods to make my QWERTZ set into an ANSI standard bottom row set, but I would happily support a future run by buying a full set.

Yeah, I have like 4 vintage QWERTZ sets, so I'd be interested in buying like 3 Moogle Kits + a 6.25 spacebar to use them on modern boards.

Show Image

I think if those Moogle Kits were in the 25-30$ area, we would reach MOQ in a week  :thumb:

I have one spare, but it is SP made. Decent quality, but it is thinner than GMK, and it has round corners instead of squared ones.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #702 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:54:05 »
Thanks for the offer  :thumb:

But yeah, thin DCS just isn't the same as GMK. The difference in cap quality would trigger my OCD  :p

Offline Applet

« Reply #704 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 06:40:34 »
I'm still hoping that this set will return in the future. There have been many GMK-sets this year already, this set might fare better some other time? Is this realistic?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #705 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:27:37 »
I'm still sad this didn't make it through.

So here is a link to easy to acquire, cheap and nasty knock off variants that aren't in the correct profile

Show Image

And here is another link to slightly harder to acquire but much more true to what they are copying knock offs
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The three at the bottom are diesub PBT caps, nothing like the double shot ABS OG Cherry, the texture, the feeling while typing on them are totally different. Those are totally different animals.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #706 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:48:51 »

So here is a link to easy to acquire, cheap and nasty knock off variants that aren't in the correct profile

Show Image

And here is another link to slightly harder to acquire but much more true to what they are copying knock offs
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The three at the bottom are diesub PBT caps, nothing like the double shot ABS OG Cherry, the texture, the feeling while typing on them are totally different. Those are totally different animals.

I agree that they are different, but I preffer the og pbt cherries texture much more, less slippery even compared brand new abs, I still enjoy the pbt more :p But to each it's own ;)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #707 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:51:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I agree that they are different, but I preffer the og pbt cherries texture much more, less slippery even compared brand new abs, I still enjoy the pbt more :p But to each it's own ;)

If you have over 300 bucks to invest in one set, sure, be my guess. Besides, they are not available at your closest convenience store.

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #708 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 09:21:05 »
Is that second taobao link just a place-holder for current a future keycap GB? Looks like they are selling Ivan's dark wave keycaps right now, but the rest of the pictures look like they come from PBT round 4 or that Korean GB.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
  • UKKeycaps.co.uk / MechSupply.co.uk
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #709 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 10:21:02 »

Show Image

With the appropriate blessing I could run a GB for something like this, the price might be slightly higher but the MOQ would be significantly lower than 250, maybe 160-180.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #710 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 13:38:55 »

Show Image

With the appropriate blessing I could run a GB for something like this, the price might be slightly higher but the MOQ would be significantly lower than 250, maybe 160-180.

How much would be the shipping cost from your location to ConUS and America in general?

Offline padath

« Reply #711 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 14:15:04 »

Show Image

That is certainly something that I would be interested in  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #712 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 14:16:24 »

Show Image

If we can get it with cheapish shipping, that'd be wonderful.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #713 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 14:21:42 »
I think he is looking for the blessing of the OP, otherwise he would look for support instead
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #714 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:31:35 »
How much would be the shipping cost from your location to ConUS and America in general?

Around £3 untracked, £6 tracked

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #715 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 02:22:54 »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #716 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 07:49:21 »

Show Image

Sounds great!

I'd be in  :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #717 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:43:06 »
I'm pretty sure Photekq stated that he was going to run this at a later date rather than outright cancel it

I don't think the next month or so would be a good time anyway given that Karura's Skidata GB has literally just started

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #718 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:49:21 »
I'm pretty sure Photekq stated that he was going to run this at a later date rather than outright cancel it

I don't think the next month or so would be a good time anyway given that Karura's Skidata GB has literally just started

But at a price that hurts.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #719 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:51:49 »

Yeah, I was all excited until I saw the final price. That and that, since payment is due right away, and there are limited sets of the relegendables, I'm going to have to decide soon if I want to cancel other GBs I'm part of or opt out of Skidata+ completely.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #720 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:57:15 »

Yeah, I was all excited until I saw the final price. That and that, since payment is due right away, and there are limited sets of the relegendables, I'm going to have to decide soon if I want to cancel other GBs I'm part of or opt out of Skidata+ completely.

It's a bit of a trade off between the GB organiser and the participants when you go for a payment upfront mechanism - you have more certainty about payments but the orders tend to be extremely skewed towards the end of the group buy. CTRL[ALT] have cleverly addressed this in many of their buys by offering freebies like switch keyrings to the first 50 participants.

To be honest I would rather pay up front and have the order placed sooner with the vendor rather than have to wait for the organiser to chase up payments for ages

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #721 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 10:00:15 »

It's a bit of a trade off between the GB organiser and the participants when you go for a payment upfront mechanism - you have more certainty about payments but the orders tend to be extremely skewed towards the end of the group buy. CTRL[ALT] have cleverly addressed this in many of their buys by offering freebies like switch keyrings to the first 50 participants.

To be honest I would rather pay up front and have the order placed sooner with the vendor rather than have to wait for the organiser to chase up payments for ages

That's fair. I totally understand the upfront payment. I'm just getting that stupid FOMO feeling because the relegendables are limited.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #722 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 10:00:47 »
I am not the best qualified to talk about prices of full GMK sets, as I have not joint many GB for them, I'd prefer to get old sets that I have been buying even in parts from different sources. I know I am one of the poor boys in the block. Because of that, I prefer modifiers sets that can be mixed and matched with my OG sets, without making my wallet cry. But, if a classic Beige is made, I will not have any good reason not to join such a great example of one of the best color ways for key caps, it is just my boring Joe soul speaking, though.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #723 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 10:03:22 »
I am not the best qualified to talk about prices of full GMK sets, as I have not joint many GB for them, I'd prefer to get old sets that I have been buying even in parts from different sources. I know I am one of the poor boys in the block. Because of that, I prefer modifiers sets that can be mixed and matched with my OG sets, without making my wallet cry. But, if a classic Beige is made, I will not have any good reason not to join such a great example of one of the best color ways for key caps, it is just my boring Joe soul speaking, though.

You can get PBT sets though that look exactly the same as GMK Classic Beige
I think this was part of why this GB didn't make the numbers - lots of people waiting on Ivan's PBT4

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #724 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 10:05:01 »

I think this was part of why this GB didn't make the numbers - lots of people waiting on Ivan's PBT4

The feeling of typing on PBT is different than to be typing on ABS double shot though. Besides, there is that tendency of PBT to be a dirt magnet.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #725 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 10:08:24 »

The feeling of typing on PBT is different than to be typing on ABS double shot though. Besides, there is that tendency of PBT to be a dirt magnet.

Yeah I just think that a lot of people buy a set for the way it looks and most people don't want two boards with the same caps

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #726 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 10:11:34 »

I agree with that, there are users and collectors; there, I consider myself an user, more than a collector; therefore, with two boards, one for the office and one more for home, I'd be more than satisfy, however, some sets like the current GMK SNES that is in the works would be irresistible.

Yeah I just think that a lot of people buy a set for the way it looks and most people don't want two boards with the same caps

Offline Taffy

« Reply #727 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 02:32:17 »
Is this drop complete?  :-[
If anyone wants to cancel the order, I will gladly take yours!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #728 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 02:41:22 »

can you even read?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #729 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 02:48:41 »

can you even read?

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Wulkes

« Reply #730 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 10:06:32 »
Well I did nothing to help this along, but that was due to my relationship with money, or lackthereof.

But, hopefully someone tries again soon, maybe next summer. Definitely a set I need in my life.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #731 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 14:01:39 »

can you even read?

Show Image

Come on, welcome the newbie, don't be mean!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #732 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 14:14:51 »

This group buy was cancelled.

Offline Taffy

« Reply #733 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 06:25:19 »
Sorry, everyone... I am not used to this format and I got confused as I was looking through the threads.
I will be more careful before I ask questions :(

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #734 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 06:38:48 »
Sorry, everyone... I am not used to this format and I got confused as I was looking through the threads.
It's not really your fault. I hadn't even updated the OP, so unless you read through many pages of the thread you would not have known.

Regarding the moogle/extra keys kit : At the moment I'm too busy to think about running a GB. Perhaps this will change in the near future, or perhaps it won't. I can't say. I'm happy to offer guidance when it comes to key selection if anyone else is interested in attempting a group buy for it.

I didn't come up with this colour scheme, all I did was choose the keys. Nobody needs my blessing to attempt a classic beige GB. That said, I must say that I would much prefer to see regular members running group buys rather than commercial entities. As far as I'm concerned a group buy is a community effort and should be kept as non-profit as possible. What UKKeycaps suggests (higher price, lower MOQ) is closer to a commercial pre-order than a group buy in my eyes. This is just my opinion though.

Also, on another note, if anyone wants to do this moogle GB it makes a lot more sense for someone outside the EU to run (or proxy for) this GB. Otherwise all the prices will be 20% higher due to VAT. Thanks so much EU for your glorious "free trade".
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 November 2015, 06:41:40 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #735 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:12:42 »
It's not really your fault. I hadn't even updated the OP, so unless you read through many pages of the thread you would not have known.

Regarding the moogle/extra keys kit : At the moment I'm too busy to think about running a GB. Perhaps this will change in the near future, or perhaps it won't. I can't say. I'm happy to offer guidance when it comes to key selection if anyone else is interested in attempting a group buy for it.

I didn't come up with this colour scheme, all I did was choose the keys. Nobody needs my blessing to attempt a classic beige GB. That said, I must say that I would much prefer to see regular members running group buys rather than commercial entities. As far as I'm concerned a group buy is a community effort and should be kept as non-profit as possible. What UKKeycaps suggests (higher price, lower MOQ) is closer to a commercial pre-order than a group buy in my eyes. This is just my opinion though.

Also, on another note, if anyone wants to do this moogle GB it makes a lot more sense for someone outside the EU to run (or proxy for) this GB. Otherwise all the prices will be 20% higher due to VAT. Thanks so much EU for your glorious "free trade".

+1 Having members running the buys is always better, it is a shame you cannot run it really, you have the experience and you have earned the thrust of the community.

Offline UKKeycaps

• * Vendor
    • UKKeycaps
« Reply #736 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:35:48 »

A VAT registered business doesn't have to worry about the 20% VAT :D

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #737 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:49:20 »
you have earned the thrust of the community.

Yes, he has earned our thrust ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #738 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:57:50 »
A VAT registered business doesn't have to worry about the 20% VAT :D
True, but if the price is being made higher anyway due to the fact that it's a commercial entity running the GB then the resultant price would be around the same for international buyers as if it were a non-VAT registered individual running the GB  (and even higher for EU buyers since you will need to charge them VAT anyway).
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:59:37 by Photekq »
github

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #739 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:02:15 »
I've contacted GMK about the possibility of running a moogle kit groupbuy, and I'm happy to run it if the price they give me is reasonable. However, if somebody else was already planning on going forward with the idea please PM me and let me know, I don't want to step on any toes.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #740 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:23:09 »
I've contacted GMK about the possibility of running a moogle kit groupbuy, and I'm happy to run it if the price they give me is reasonable. However, if somebody else was already planning on going forward with the idea please PM me and let me know, I don't want to step on any toes.

I suggest you to open an IC thread as soon as you get some information back from GMK, the UK vendor is the only one that has showed some interest, but it would not be the best option price wise.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #741 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:28:54 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:39:23 by billnye »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #742 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:29:55 »
Whoever wants to run it, this :

is not enough of a moggle kit imo.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Prelim

« Reply #743 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:33:11 »
indedd, I recall @intelli78 was the fist one who talked about it but meanwhile and with the TA group-buy, this was forgotten: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=28923.msg1638664#msg1638664

I call for Beige/Black/Dolch moogle's IC ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #744 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:34:27 »
Check billnye's Bluegaloo and add 5 row (A Profile) bottom row for winkey-less boards; any decent black on beige kit should have them.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #745 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:35:41 »
Check billnye's Bluegaloo and add 5 row (A Profile) bottom row for winkey-less boards; any decent black on beige kit should have them.
No. You don't want a set as large as that. Also, why would you need 1.5u keys when the original set you're converting already has them?
github

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #746 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:38:16 »
No. You don't want a set as large as that. Also, why would you need 1.5u keys when the original set you're converting already has them?
Agreed, it would be cool to have an ANSI left-shift and ANSI enter and backslash though, because most of the old Cherry sets are QWERTZ.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #747 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:39:22 »
Is Intelli doing any more sets? I know the TA debacle, but I think it was a beautiful set and feel like he should look more into future sales.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #748 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:39:25 »
Agreed, it would be cool to have an ANSI left-shift and ANSI enter and backslash though, because most of the old Cherry sets are QWERTZ.
That would still leave the set as QWERTZ, it would just fit an ANSI keyboard. How many US ANSI users really want a DE ANSI set? I'd argue very few.
github

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #749 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:41:24 »
That would still leave the set as QWERTZ, it would just fit an ANSI keyboard. How many US ANSI users really want a DE ANSI set? I'd argue very few.
You could be right, sometimes I forget how few people touch-type.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.