Author Topic: My First Mechanical Keyboard!  (Read 1415 times)

Offline krser

My First Mechanical Keyboard!
« on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 21:01:42 »
Hey guys! I have been contemplating the choices in mechanical keyboards. i was originally going to settle for a Razer Blackwidow, as i was on a very, very tight budget (about 70 bucks, give or take a few here and there), but then i decided to look at a few on eBay, and i got lucky, or at least I think I did...

I'm actually typing this on my "new" mechanical keyboard. Well, it is new to me, but I got it off of eBay used... I decided that i should get it because of the dirt-cheap price that it was being offered for. It is a cherry mx blue Noppoo Choc Mini.... only 42 bucks.

Now, this is where I will need your help, because the guy selling the keyboard posted in the description that the "p", "g" and some other key will double tap, but I'm under the assumption that the cherry blue switches do that occasionally because, well, they're cherry blues, and double tapping on them is usually a problem. I have had this keyboard for about a month now, and i am wondering if i should expect something bad in the near future, based on what the seller posted in the description about the keys double tapping sometimes.

So far, there is no problem, and I am very happy with the compact layout, and clicky keys. I can type a lot faster with these, and even though it isn't built like a tank, for its size, I believe that it is very sturdy. Even thought the seller listed it for parts, or not working, it seems to work fine, but I'm just curious if it will stay working.

Here is the link to what I bought on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Noppoo-Choc-Mini-Cherry-MX-Blue-Mechanical-Keyboard-/130849484155?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=riylFA1Q387wQBmy3OuDxQNDhqQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc