Author Topic: Can anyone with a Lepold FC660M tell me...?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Entropia

Can anyone with a Lepold FC660M tell me...?
« on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 07:35:08 »
Can anyone with a Lepold FC660M tell me if the 4 keys on the top right (del, ins, pgup and pgdn) share the same scancodes (same hardware registry) as del, ins, pgup and pgdn on the numpad (when numpad off), or are they actually the keys that are normally in front of the cursors in 100% keyboards? In standard keyboards ins, del, etc. are not the same as numpadins, numpaddel, etc. and so you can reasign them individually with Autohotkey. Since I would never use that top row on the FC660M, my plans are to reasign them with Autohoitkey to print screen, pause, etc. or maybe to custom hotkeys. If this is posible, then I may buy this keyboard instead of the 980C because I really like the layout idea (except for that top right row). Another question: is it posible to buy original Lepold spare keycaps with these legends (black pbt keys with front printed legends)?

Offline zombimuncha

Re: Can anyone with a Lepold FC660M tell me...?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 08:16:34 »
Not sure about the scancodes - my 660 is at the office so I can't check right now. But you know there are only two keys in the top right, right? Do you really want to remap your Delete key?
There's a similar layout "magicforce" board that has four keys up there - were you maybe thinking of that one.
I use PrtSc pretty regularly and the Fn combo for it is really no trouble at all.
I already gave up trying to think of something I could remap onto that useless Insert key. I might use it as another Fn / layer-switch key if I ever put a Clueboard PCB in there.

I found blank Leo caps on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PBT-Keycap-Set-for-Cherry-MX-based-Leopold-Keyboard-Blank-Non-Printed-Navy/281664522419?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3De6d0238e44044394b13478b5d0d96509%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D281664522419
Try messaging the seller to see if he can get what you want.

mechanicalkeyboards.com stock Leopold, but they don't seem to have full sets of keycaps - maybe message them to see what they can do?

Offline Entropia

Re: Can anyone with a Lepold FC660M tell me...?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 09:33:55 »
It's sensible to think that they are the normal ins, del, etc moved to that position. Otherwise, if they shared the codes with the numpad, when the numpad status is on, they would register numbers.

Actually, in my current keyboard I don't use printscreen, scrolllock nor pause. I have then remaped to: launch Firefox, launch / restore / minimize foobar2000 and pause / play music. The screen capture function is with shift + printscreen in my case. If I purchased the FC900M I think I'll keep on with these hotkeys and I'll think of another one for the remaining key. What I don't want is to have not matching legends on those keycaps. I suppose I could replace them with a bunch of blank keycaps or something like that. I'd like to know where to buy just a buch of keys, not a full set.

In case you are interested, other hotkeys I use in my keyboard are:

f12: close all opened explorer windows
hold f12: shutdown computer killing all opened tasks
hold f7: extract pendrive
hold f8 extract portable hard disk
ctrl atl u: write my web server url
ctrl alt b: change between normal and reduced brightness
ctrl alt f1: launch Mediatools (an independent script that I use a lot, which has lots of other hotkeys)
ctrl alt t: add the url of the current Firefox tab to a cumulative txt file
ctrl alt shift t: add the urls of all opened Firefox tabs to a cumulative txt file
ctrl alt p: print in Word in draft black and white mode
alt 1, alt 2 and alt 3: to open predefined folders
alt shift 1, 2 and 3: to define folders

I have also some hotkeys assinged to my extra mouse buttons, such as open selected file with Ultraedit or open selected textual url in Firefox...
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2017, 14:31:04 by Entropia »