Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!  (Read 201171 times)

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% GB R1 Closed - Shipping to you - www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 20:58:04 »
The foam midpiece is a brilliant idea. On your website it's listed as specifically for the acrylic plate - is that because the acrylic plates have a different cut or thickness compared to the alu/brass plates? I would imagine the effect on resonance etc would still apply to metal plates.
Thanks buddy! Acrylic plates are 3mm thick to compensate for their brittleness. Alu/Brass are 1.5mm. Thus, the foam mid pieces are half the size of the pocket of air that would remain if a metal plate was used! So you'd need 2 for them vs 1 for acrylic plates!

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #701 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:00:15 »
Honestly the only thing stopping me from picking all this up is my fear of stripping more of my screw holes. Shame too as I'd love a chance at one of those artisans.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:02:50 »
Honestly the only thing stopping me from picking all this up is my fear of stripping more of my screw holes. Shame too as I'd love a chance at one of those artisans.
Awe man x[ I'm sorry dude. What color Pearl do you have again?

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #703 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:08:55 »
Awe man x[ I'm sorry dude. What color Pearl do you have again?
Purple with a brass plate. Pretty sure it was slightly bent and forcing the screws in messed some of them up in the upper left hand corner. Its still study as all getout so I'm not complaining any.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:26:31 »
Hey fellas/ladies. With some acrylic plates arriving today, I just wanted to issue a warning.

Please be careful with the plates. They are very fragile, especially on the bottom. Handle them with care and don't bend them. Jordi cut and packaged them very well when they got sent to me and none broke. I packaged them very well too and they shouldn't arrive broken. I don't want to hear that they came broken when you snapped them please lol. Also, they don't "out of the box" work with Zeal screw in stabs. Zeals stabs are too chunky, youd need to dremmel the cutouts a tiny bit. Also, if they break, they can still work. Some of mine have multiple breaks and work fine. Cheers friends!

Purple with a brass plate. Pretty sure it was slightly bent and forcing the screws in messed some of them up in the upper left hand corner. Its still study as all getout so I'm not complaining any.
I do apologize again :/ I think its the diffuser man. I drilled all 4 corner holes a bit on each diffuser when I sent them out, after I noticed the issue. This was after the first Pearls shipped. I fixed this in my 60% with .3mm wider holes on the cases and diffusers. Gives the screws a bit more play for better alignment. On Pearl the holes are only .1mm wider than their respective metric screw. So a hole for an M2 screw is 2.1mm . Problem with that is that sizes can reach +- .1mm if you factor in screw, case, diffuser and anodization variances. Was just something that I didn't know as a new maker, and you only learn through experience, or by a maker like me telling you :| Not only that, some colors are thicker than other colors, like RG. Live and learn!! Its all about improvements.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:30:40 by Koobaczech »

Offline babyphil

« Reply #705 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 21:19:26 »
57 checking in.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #706 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 02:39:55 »
57 checking in.

Nice job! I think for the 2nd PCB with acrylic plate I might do split space, you guys posting your pics with split space bars have convinced me!

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #707 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:38:38 »
57 checking in.

Nice job! I think for the 2nd PCB with acrylic plate I might do split space, you guys posting your pics with split space bars have convinced me!

For me it's the only way since trying it in a Let's Split. It just makes sense, specially in a little board like this one. I plan to not use a regular spacebar never again.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!
« Reply #708 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 11:29:07 »
Hey everyone! All of the Pearls from the GB have been totally shipped, with 2 exceptions. One person so far doesn't have a Pearl as its been lost in transit and we both opened claims into it. The other is a friend of mine and is still paying it off!

This GB is now in the maintenance phase. I will be supplying replacement PCB's and screws if needed, and have no extra cases. I will look into all my pm's on GH, Discord, Reddit and emails and see what I've missed and try to accommodate everyone! Any repairs can or are being taken care of by TurboMech at Turbokeys.us .

Extra PCB's, Acrylic plates, Foam mid layers and RGB diffusers available on my storefront - https://pearlboards.com - Free 2 day priority shipping on all CONUS orders, and random orders will have my limited, commissioned treasure chest cap, "Koobs Plunder", from Komatoz and BoomSnapCaps thrown in free.

If anyone needs more bumper feet, cables, screws or Efferdent's those are available too, not listed on my site. Just pm me broskis.

No extras available, and Round 2 planned for a very distant future as I have OUR 60% to introduce first. Thank you all for everything! Special thanks to everyone who helped me out as well. Follow me on IG:Koobaczech !

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #709 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 11:34:15 »
Hey everyone! All of the Pearls from the GB have been totally shipped, with 2 exceptions. One person so far doesn't have a Pearl as its been lost in transit and we both opened claims into it. The other is a friend of mine and is still paying it off!

This GB is now in the maintenance phase. I will be supplying replacement PCB's and screws if needed, and have no extra cases. I will look into all my pm's on GH, Discord, Reddit and emails and see what I've missed and try to accommodate everyone! Any repairs can or are being taken care of by TurboMech at Turbokeys.us .

Extra PCB's, Acrylic plates, Foam mid layers and RGB diffusers available on my storefront - https://pearlboards.com - Free 2 day priority shipping on all CONUS orders, and random orders will have my limited, commissioned treasure chest cap, "Koobs Plunder", from Komatoz and BoomSnapCaps thrown in free.

If anyone needs more bumper feet, cables, screws or Efferdent's those are available too, not listed on my site. Just pm me broskis.

No extras available, and Round 2 planned for a very distant future as I have OUR 60% to introduce first. Thank you all for everything! Special thanks to everyone who helped me out as well. Follow me on IG:Koobaczech !

Thanks, Koob and congrats on being done-ish on your first GB. Excited for the 60% GB!

Offline gutsack

« Reply #710 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 16:41:54 »
Congrats on a hugely successful GB. Given that it was your first it demands an extra congrats. Looking forward to your next buy down the road.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #711 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 11:58:30 »

Congrats Koob! I didn't mind holding out until R2 but I saw a post on mechmarket and immediately jumped on it. I'll be a proud Pearl owner in some days. The generous man sold the Pearl at GB pricing and I can not wait to build and use it!

I have a question, though. It says that the included plate in the kit only supports PCB mounted switches. Why is that? I can assume for acrylic plates, it is because the switches won't clip in at 3mm but why would plate mount switches not clip into the alu or brass plates?

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #712 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 12:34:12 »
Congrats Koob! I didn't mind holding out until R2 but I saw a post on mechmarket and immediately jumped on it. I'll be a proud Pearl owner in some days. The generous man sold the Pearl at GB pricing and I can not wait to build and use it!

I have a question, though. It says that the included plate in the kit only supports PCB mounted switches. Why is that? I can assume for acrylic plates, it is because the switches won't clip in at 3mm but why would plate mount switches not clip into the alu or brass plates?
Thank you very much friend, and congratulations yourself too! Hope you love it!

To clarify, I'm not sure if you misread or if its a typo on my end, but all the plates only support PCB mounted STABILIZERS. The switches don't need to clip to be useful and are all fine. Its a convenience really to have them clip. But the stabs do need a housing if they are to be clipped onto the plates. Since the plates are open, there is no housing, and plate mounted STABILIZERS wont work. Let me know if you need any other information sir! Have a great one :]

Thank you to the rest of the people who congratulated me for the GB! You are all wonderful! It was all thanks to you!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #713 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 13:07:21 »

Thank you very much friend, and congratulations yourself too! Hope you love it!

To clarify, I'm not sure if you misread or if its a typo on my end, but all the plates only support PCB mounted STABILIZERS. The switches don't need to clip to be useful and are all fine. Its a convenience really to have them clip. But the stabs do need a housing if they are to be clipped onto the plates. Since the plates are open, there is no housing, and plate mounted STABILIZERS wont work. Let me know if you need any other information sir! Have a great one :]

Thank you to the rest of the people who congratulated me for the GB! You are all wonderful! It was all thanks to you!

*facepalm*

That was on me. It does say stabilizers and I read switches. Thank you!

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #714 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 13:17:53 »
*facepalm*

That was on me. It does say stabilizers and I read switches. Thank you!
Lmao!! xD You're very welcome! Lmk if you ever need anything

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #715 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 10:36:16 »
In the past couple of weeks I have tried to change my keymap, but when I open the bootmapper client and click on 'download' I get this error:

Error setting action: Communication error with device

can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #716 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 10:48:25 »
In the past couple of weeks I have tried to change my keymap, but when I open the bootmapper client and click on 'download' I get this error:

can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
You may need to flash the firmware to the keyboard as well. Thats what I had to do. Do you have a ps2avrGB.hex (or something like that)

You'll then use the firm up tool in options to flash the firmware (hold Q while plugging in) and then from there you go to keymapper and hit toggle bootmapper up top. Then download to get the existing layout in the client that you can edit and follow that with upload when you're done. Hopefully that helps :)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 17:59:14 »
User bmihnz had the genius idea of swapping the bottom cases on our Pearl Boards. I was a bit reluctant when he first mentioned it, but the keycap set I put on there seemed like it might match well so I agreed... I just got it and DAMN SON, it's ****ing perfect! Good call bmihnz!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 18:31:56 »
User bmihnz had the genius idea of swapping the bottom cases on our Pearl Boards. I was a bit reluctant when he first mentioned it, but the keycap set I put on there seemed like it might match well so I agreed... I just got it and DAMN SON, it's ****ing perfect! Good call bmihnz!

<snip>

Wow, that looks really awesome. Would you be able to get better pictures at some point?
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #719 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 18:32:32 »

<snip>

Wow, that looks really awesome. Would you be able to get better pictures at some point?
Yeah for sure, my phone camera really sucks unfortunately!

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #720 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 02:29:10 »
Damn that looks good....

193915-0
193917-1
193919-2
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #721 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 11:19:28 »
Hey Koob, What is the script typeface used on the weight? Is it custom? I'm having no success finding it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #723 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 23:45:18 »
top / base color choice would be a welcome option in R2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #724 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 23:47:33 »

it makes sorting a nightmare, but if koob is willing i'm not gonna be the one to stop him
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - LIVE until December 1st at www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #725 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:56:52 »

UPDATES!
1-Can do a few orders different colored top/bottoms - If you really want it done PM me your order # and what you'd like!
2-@tameone I can do your order RAW sandblasted. If you still want this let me know what parts you want raw. Same price, you'd think it would be cheaper but its less parts for the anodizer and they actually want more work. Sorry my dude. If it turns out cheaper in the end ill PayPal you back money.
3-Bobcarlthethird mentioned engraving order numbers to the Pearls, will find out more soon!

My friends, this was possible already in Round 1 lol. I said that if you wanted a different bottom and top to just pm me haha. Gotta read the fine print!

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #726 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 15:20:41 »

can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
You may need to flash the firmware to the keyboard as well. Thats what I had to do. Do you have a ps2avrGB.hex (or something like that)

You'll then use the firm up tool in options to flash the firmware (hold Q while plugging in) and then from there you go to keymapper and hit toggle bootmapper up top. Then download to get the existing layout in the client that you can edit and follow that with upload when you're done. Hopefully that helps :)

Hey thanks for all that info, but I don't have any hex files for this board since I just always downloaded whatever layout was already there in the BMC and then modified the layout. I plugged in the PCB while holding down Q and the status lights started flashing but then the client gave me a different error when trying to connect: Error opening ps2avrGB device: The specified device was not found.

I would do some trial and error but already bricked a different PCB with the bootmapper client (user error - I managed to flash and destroy the bootloader so I could never flash the chip ever again) so I'll patiently wait to see if anyone can point me in the right direction :)

UPDATES!
1-Can do a few orders different colored top/bottoms - If you really want it done PM me your order # and what you'd like!
2-@tameone I can do your order RAW sandblasted. If you still want this let me know what parts you want raw. Same price, you'd think it would be cheaper but its less parts for the anodizer and they actually want more work. Sorry my dude. If it turns out cheaper in the end ill PayPal you back money.
3-Bobcarlthethird mentioned engraving order numbers to the Pearls, will find out more soon!

My friends, this was possible already in Round 1 lol. I said that if you wanted a different bottom and top to just pm me haha. Gotta read the fine print!

My bad, I will rephrase then: I will have to request a color combo for R2 if that's still an option  ;D

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #727 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 17:00:18 »

can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Hey thanks for all that info, but I don't have any hex files for this board since I just always downloaded whatever layout was already there in the BMC and then modified the layout. I plugged in the PCB while holding down Q and the status lights started flashing but then the client gave me a different error when trying to connect: Error opening ps2avrGB device: The specified device was not found.

I would do some trial and error but already bricked a different PCB with the bootmapper client (user error - I managed to flash and destroy the bootloader so I could never flash the chip ever again) so I'll patiently wait to see if anyone can point me in the right direction :)

UPDATES!

My bad, I will rephrase then: I will have to request a color combo for R2 if that's still an option  ;D
When I get home from work I'll see if I can put something more robust together for you! Hopefully we can solve this easily :)

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #728 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 04:37:58 »

When I get home from work I'll see if I can put something more robust together for you! Hopefully we can solve this easily :)

Thanks! I have a 2nd PCB here that I got with the acrylic backplate, if I plug that in can I extract the hex from there? Still don't know how I could flash once I have the hex since the board isn't connecting to the bootmapper.  :eek:

Offline Spaghetti

« Reply #729 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 08:39:40 »
Well, it's finally built, ended up settling on regular weight box navies after experimenting with swapping in box black springs.  I'll probably get the ol' lightbox together this weekend and take some better pics.

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #730 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 09:04:56 »

Thanks! I have a 2nd PCB here that I got with the acrylic backplate, if I plug that in can I extract the hex from there? Still don't know how I could flash once I have the hex since the board isn't connecting to the bootmapper.  :eek:

Sorry I didn't get back to you the other day, this totally slipped my mind!

But hopefully this helps, I am going to link the Firmware FAQ from Winkeyless.kr as well and that can point you in the right direction in most places as well.

https://winkeyless.kr/firmware-installing-and-setting/

• Basically, you should just download the firmware (step 2) and then open up Bootmapper.
  • Go to Options, then hold in Q and plug in the Pearl, that should get it into bootmode, keep holding Q.
  • Click Firm Up and find the hex file: ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex
  • that is your firmware file
  • Then you should be able to see a box with some numbers going back and forth, once those are done you can let go of Q
  • Next you will go to the keymapper in bootmapper and select the Toggle Bootmapper function.
  • If this doesn't toggle then we'll have to figure something else out.
  • From there you should be able to hit the download function and download the existing keymap you have and then you can edit it and then use upload to upload it.
Hopefully that helps :)

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #731 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 02:37:03 »

Sorry I didn't get back to you the other day, this totally slipped my mind!

But hopefully this helps, I am going to link the Firmware FAQ from Winkeyless.kr as well and that can point you in the right direction in most places as well.

https://winkeyless.kr/firmware-installing-and-setting/

• Basically, you should just download the firmware (step 2) and then open up Bootmapper.
  • Go to Options, then hold in Q and plug in the Pearl, that should get it into bootmode, keep holding Q.
  • Click Firm Up and find the hex file: ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex
  • that is your firmware file
  • Then you should be able to see a box with some numbers going back and forth, once those are done you can let go of Q
  • Next you will go to the keymapper in bootmapper and select the Toggle Bootmapper function.
  • If this doesn't toggle then we'll have to figure something else out.
  • From there you should be able to hit the download function and download the existing keymap you have and then you can edit it and then use upload to upload it.
Hopefully that helps :)

Hey there

Much love for the guide. I downloaded fresh bootmapper and firmware just to try it out. I could do the step where I upload the .hex and let go of Q, but when I get back to toggling the bootmapper the error comes back. Instead of uploading the ps2avrGB_NKRO.hex in the options tab, should I try and use the .hex file that Koob linked in his setup guide or is that a different thing?

Koob's guide -> https://www.pearlboards.com/pages/setup
Koob's hex -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o4Csy8AGy_cD0BN9OaRmo8gM97-oPoNq/view

Offline RSC

« Reply #732 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 04:00:32 »
Guys, when going with 6.25u spacebar, what's best for the bottom row: 1u/1.25u/spacebar or 1.25u/1u/spacebar?

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #733 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 06:36:25 »
Guys, when going with 6.25u spacebar, what's best for the bottom row: 1u/1.25u/spacebar or 1.25u/1u/spacebar?

I have 1.25u/1u/spacebar/1u/1.25u because I would rather have 1.25 CTRL and ALT keys and 1u Windows/FN keys, but looking at Spaghetti's post a few posts up I think that it looks better the other way around. All depends on what keys you would use the most along that row and then I would determine what order to use.

Offline SynkRz

• I like caps
« Reply #734 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 13:00:17 »

I use 1.25u 1u space 1u 1.25u because I like having a bigger fn key as well as control since they’re used more often.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #735 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 16:58:41 »
I finally got my Pearl built. I was not part of the original group buy  :'( but I managed to find one!
The one thing I am struggling with is the bottom row hitting the case. It is very mild but occasionally the keys will scrape against the case wall. I have made sure to move the plate as close to the back as possible. Maybe it is just the DSA keycaps I am using.

I also needed to use an exacto blade to shave the acrylic plate holes a bit bigger but now everything screws in just fine!

Without further ado, here is my Pearl. Has lubed MX Silent Blacks with red springs and DSA Miami Dolch. I will be putting SA Pulse on this board when R3 ships.

I also made a custom foam insert as I am using the aluminum plate. It took forever to cut out!

What an awesome board Koobaczech! Oh I am also still wondering what font you used for the brass plate!
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2018, 17:00:39 by cijanzen »

« Reply #736 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 23:43:26 »
This has got to be one the of the most well-built 40% keyboards out there. Any chance of a round 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #737 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 05:53:04 »
I finally got my Pearl built. I was not part of the original group buy  :'( but I managed to find one!
The one thing I am struggling with is the bottom row hitting the case. It is very mild but occasionally the keys will scrape against the case wall. I have made sure to move the plate as close to the back as possible. Maybe it is just the DSA keycaps I am using.

I also needed to use an exacto blade to shave the acrylic plate holes a bit bigger but now everything screws in just fine!

Without further ado, here is my Pearl. Has lubed MX Silent Blacks with red springs and DSA Miami Dolch. I will be putting SA Pulse on this board when R3 ships.

I also made a custom foam insert as I am using the aluminum plate. It took forever to cut out!

What an awesome board Koobaczech! Oh I am also still wondering what font you used for the brass plate!

Hey there

I have used the Pearl with a couple of sets. The GMK set's bottom row was close but didn't hit the front of the case. Now I am using a DSA set like yourself and if I were to hit the spacebar at an angle then the space bar would rub against the front of the case. Same for the bottom row 1.25u keys. For R2 hopefully Koob can add a little more tolerance here, since I took my Pearl apart yesterday to clean the fingerprints off of the brass weight I took a look to see if the plate could be moved, but it's so well positioned and screwed in from every angle that there is now way to move it up or down, as is the case with some other tray or plate mounted kits.

Great job on cutting out the foam, I have tried to do that myself before with some A4 sheets of foam paper from the craft store, but the result is always too ugly and crap for me to dare use it in the end. And also congrats on finding a Pearl outside of the GB  :thumb:

This has got to be one the of the most well-built 40% keyboards out there. Any chance of a round 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R2 has been tentatively announced by Koob himself here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92259.msg2587763#msg2587763

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #738 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 14:57:52 »
After using my Pearl40% for a while I must say as that this is not good for me as a programmer. As a regular typer and gamer (of games that don't require a ton of keybinds) this is a really nice keyboard but going down to 40% is just too painful when doing programming. Maybe rigorous practice would ease things but I do have to keep some speed up when programming. :D

The board itself is beautiful and will stay in my rotation and will be using it from time to time when I'm not programming. A well run GB, quality product, quality packaging, and much more. Even if I can't use the board as much as I'd like I still feel good about putting a money into this. Many thanks, Koob!

Will be waiting for rumors on your 60% project. ;)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
IC/GB:

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #739 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 17:05:23 »
After using my Pearl40% for a while I must say as that this is not good for me as a programmer. As a regular typer and gamer (of games that don't require a ton of keybinds) this is a really nice keyboard but going down to 40% is just too painful when doing programming. Maybe rigorous practice would ease things but I do have to keep some speed up when programming. :D

The board itself is beautiful and will stay in my rotation and will be using it from time to time when I'm not programming. A well run GB, quality product, quality packaging, and much more. Even if I can't use the board as much as I'd like I still feel good about putting a money into this. Many thanks, Koob!

Go to his Instragram. But be warned, opening Pandora's box is dangerous.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #740 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 09:08:09 »

I'm going to take a serious go at using this for programming myself. I've already put QMK on it and it's become 100x more productive. We'll see how long I last but with layers, tap dance, and hold vs tap functionality I think it might work. I'm currently working on setting up single tap bracket, double tap parenthesis keys. Got a few kinks to iron out but it's coming along nicely. I actually used your QMK keymap as a starting point so thank you for putting that up there!

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #741 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 10:15:17 »

Can you share your git?

I'm going to convert my second PCB to QMK as well.

I'm going to take a serious go at using this for programming myself. I've already put QMK on it and it's become 100x more productive. We'll see how long I last but with layers, tap dance, and hold vs tap functionality I think it might work. I'm currently working on setting up single tap bracket, double tap parenthesis keys. Got a few kinks to iron out but it's coming along nicely. I actually used your QMK keymap as a starting point so thank you for putting that up there!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #742 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 14:54:39 »

Can you share your git?

I'm going to convert my second PCB to QMK as well.

You typed strangely into the quote I think, but my setup for Pearl 40% on QMK is available at the official repository: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/pearl/keymaps/rask

Glad you found my setup helpful cijazen. :)
Current:
Coming up:
IC/GB:

« Reply #743 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:08:07 »
122 reporting. Assembled it like a month ago, but didn't have time to share.

more pics here.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #744 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:14:26 »
122 reporting. Assembled it like a month ago, but didn't have time to share.

Show Image

more pics here.

is it weird to call you my Pearl bro since you have 122 and I have 121?

Great job on the split backspace, I am using DSA too and I think it fits better with the case angle than GMK profile which I was using before.

Just some opinion that you didn't ask for  :p

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #745 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:27:15 »
Omg that Pearl is incredible xD!!!

« Reply #746 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:39:34 »
is it weird to call you my Pearl bro since you have 122 and I have 121?

Great job on the split backspace, I am using DSA too and I think it fits better with the case angle than GMK profile which I was using before.

Just some opinion that you didn't ask for  :p

Thanks. Actually, that's XDA, not DSA.
I've used XDA Canvas I had laying around since no one was interested in it on r/mm and XDA Godspeed 40s and novelties kit I've ordered sporadically.

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #747 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 18:55:32 »
My clear pearl

195372-0195374-1195376-2

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #748 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 21:38:17 »
My clear pearl

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

it's exquisite

Can you tell us how you got the case made?  It looks soooo nice.  I'd like to do this with a 60% board.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:12:28 by pixelpusher »

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #749 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 08:00:17 »
Thanks im really loving it.

I got it made by my friend Jolimon. He makes custom acrylic cases.
You can find a bunch of them at his website https://stratakb.com/