Author Topic: Best Handwriting Challenge  (Read 29861 times)

Offline bebuxe

Best Handwriting Challenge
« on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 03:35:32 »
By a conversation between dorkvader and xJaPx, we decided to make a writing challenge to see who writes by hand worse.

The rules of the game is to write as best as you can the phrase below, as slow and as careful as possible.

And then write in your normal/fast speed.

Calligraphists are welcomed.

Today's phrase:
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2012, 17:38:48 by bebuxe »

Offline bebuxe

Re: Best Hadwriting Challenge
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 03:37:18 »
Here is mine:
Good:
4549-0
Bad:
4551-1

Datum:
4553-2

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 18:28:29 »
hard, seldom-used letters
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 20:42:03 »
I did it in pencil (rotring 600) Ballpoint, rollerball and (super cheap) fountain in "good enough", then again in my normal note-taking handwriting that nobody but me has to read.

I might dig out a carpenter's pencil and see just how bad it can get.

(Will update with a picture once my room-mates get done watching the dark night, and will let me turn on a light)
--
http://i.imm.io/FcCR.jpeg

The mark near the "f" in the last line is a stray mark from uncapping my terrible pen.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 September 2012, 02:08:09 by dorkvader »

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 22:16:39 »
I think we should be posting stuff like notes taken during class, work, etc.  Ill find something wonderful lol
| Poker MX Red |

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 23:46:45 »
@fohat.digs
That looks awesome. I could never write like that.

@dorkvader
K, waiting to see your sh1t writting.

@xJaPx
Then it is not a challenge. By doing this we know your normal typography. Not your best and successful ones. We can do the next challenge with something else like you suggested, What notation do you use?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 01:54:07 »
Found my old ceramics lecture notes: They are ugly. I think my handwriting has actually improved in the last year ('cause my co workers need to read it)
---
For a real challenge, I want to go slowly and see how neat I can make it. My best writing is normally in marker on a whiteboard.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 03:02:33 »
 :D, I didn't think you keyboard geeks cared about handwriting.  I didn't have my thick paper today, bit bleedy

Written with my ghetto safari, because I can't afford a nice pen after all da' keyboards.  :'( :'(

And some Chinese that I wrote years ago.  :))

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 08:02:39 »
@tp4tissue
D4mn son. You make my eyes seek more. I could never draw that straight.

@dorkvader
feels like a 30 your old's, stuck on his 17's. But I know your are older.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 September 2012, 08:04:34 by bebuxe »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 14:55:37 »
@tp4tissue
D4mn son. You make my eyes seek more. I could never draw that straight.

@dorkvader
feels like a 30 your old's, stuck on his 17's. But I know your are older.

Nawh bro, you've probably never sat down and tried it.

There are only 26 english letters.

As children the task is daunting because of lack of attention span.

But, as adults, it's a good 2 to 3 days of concentration tops, and you'd have yourself a decent hand.

Just a side note, Script, in my pic, is different from "cursive".

Script is not necessarily linked, many letters are formed individually but in a way such that they appear to be linked.

Always practice with a Ballpoint pen, or pencil, because they don't bleed whatsoever, and gives you ample time to form your letters.

Once you've mastered the swift movements, you can switch to a more liquid pen to make your writing appear fluid-y

Common misconceptions about writing. NONE of the below are true.

It should be fast

Different size letters use the same hand motions, THEY DO NOT

There's a single correct technique

The hand must be firm

General guidelines:

Tilt paper at 35 degrees for general writing, 45 to 60 degrees for scripts

Move the paper when you need to, NOT your body, or your arm.

For large capitals use you upper arm

For smaller follow-up letters, they require more "finger-work"

If you're writing ALL BIG letters on a big piece of paper, then you may switch to FULL UPPER arm motion for all letters.

The hand should be completely loose and tension free.

___when engaged to write, each motion should be purposeful but not OVER-controlled

___Attempts at over-control will only drop your consistency..

That said, let's all agree that hand-writing is a freaking waste of time. It was great in the 1800s, but let's get with the era people.  :cool:

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 15:35:56 »
Thanks for telling that I am a kid : p

But really thanks for taking taking the time to note these guide lines. I only did 3 of your suggestions, which shows.

The one real side effect of only typing is data loss, and no power for computers. That said, there are still typewriters today.
Clicky ri click click CLANG Guruuu    shuum
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 September 2012, 15:41:49 by bebuxe »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 15:42:37 »
Thanks for telling that I am a kid : p

But really thanks for taking taking the time to note these guide lines. I only did 3 of your suggestions, which shows.

The one real side effect of not writing, is data loss, and no power for computers. That said, there are still typewriters today.
Clicky ri click click CLANG Guruuuu shuum

I didn't mean to offend on the fact that member here may be young or young at heart.

Just putting it out there that I've "been there, done that" on the whole improved penmanship thing.

I found that remotely "good" penmanship is much too inefficient compared to email. Thus, there's really no purpose beyond practicing your check signing. ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 15:46:18 »
Post apocalypse, You can come to my house, where I'll be growing potatoes (high calories per acre), and Tomatoes for scurvy.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 16:05:19 »
@tp4tissue
I am joking too.

Also, I live too far. I rather pillage resource around, and start my own farm. I do not like the tastes of tomatine or solanine. Too many chromosomes in potatoes too. I rather grow industrial hemp.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 16:25:20 »
I think vinyl records sound best.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 16:44:31 »
I think vinyl records sound best.

I actually think there is some truth in that.

vinyl blurs and removes the highly detailed oscillations in music.

Thus, it only gives you the "gist" of the original sound signal.

This reduces the processing load on the temporal lobe of your brain, thus freeing up processing capacity for musical association and thus enjoyment.

Highly detailed and precise music, especially in modern genres where there is great complexity, the sound takes so much processing capacity that the brain may in fact "not enough cycles left" to enjoy what it hears.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 16:53:12 »
Also, fohat, I stole your x from your pic.. My normal x is the one in my top line, it's way more complicated to make than your x

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 03:45:13 »
Writing → sound....
Humans.

If this is going to be come a sound thread, I say midi=master race for computers. I have always wanted to make a mandatory midi "player" for browsers as a standard. Of course, Opus for lossy is the way to go.

I need LOTS of free paid time for this. I also want to help the jumanji and amaya browser, meh. Got to help rice clients.
Yeah, and I Writing → sound → tech → life. Very hypocritical.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 September 2012, 22:00:11 by bebuxe »

Offline mvh11

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:51:53 »
But, as adults, it's a good 2 to 3 days of concentration tops, and you'd have yourself a decent hand.

Script is not necessarily linked, many letters are formed individually but in a way such that they appear to be linked.

Always practice with a Ballpoint pen, or pencil, because they don't bleed whatsoever, and gives you ample time to form your letters.

Once you've mastered the swift movements, you can switch to a more liquid pen to make your writing appear fluid-y

I hate pencils with a passion, but I can't justify buying a decent fountain pen(and you recommended a ballpoint anyway). Is there any ballpoint in particular I should use to start off? I generally write with Bic Crystals or Bic round stic pens, but it sort of feels like they suck.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 19:56:27 »
:D, I didn't think you keyboard geeks cared about handwriting.  I didn't have my thick paper today, bit bleedy

Written with my ghetto safari, because I can't afford a nice pen after all da' keyboards.  :'( :'(

Show Image

Very nice TP...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 21:55:15 »

I hate pencils with a passion, but I can't justify buying a decent fountain pen(and you recommended a ballpoint anyway). Is there any ballpoint in particular I should use to start off? I generally write with Bic Crystals or Bic round stic pens, but it sort of feels like they suck.

I am surprised that ya'll are even a little interested. :D

Well, ok, When it comes down to which "ball-point"..  The tip does not matter, because they all generally behave the same.

Ink wise, for practice, use something that isn't runny, this would exclude those Gel pens that "feel" smooth. They're harder to control, and will do you a dis-service when it comes to practice.

The pen body should be stiff and "rigid"

...........I've found that the bend-y cheapo pens will affect the way your letters come out because they bend in the middle.

................You can still use a Cheapo, but just pick the rigid body kind over the bend-y ones.

...........This is a problem because the whole point of Western Writing is complete consistency between letters.

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 21:57:25 »
I think my handwriting is decent enough. I've never dotted my I's or J's for some reason though.
the pink was from a gel pen I got in like 5th grade in the mid 90's. First time using it since :D
Stills works nice a smooth.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 10:22:58 »
I think my handwriting is decent enough. I've never dotted my I's or J's for some reason though.
the pink was from a gel pen I got in like 5th grade in the mid 90's. First time using it since :D
Stills works nice a smooth.
Show Image

Yup, everyone bends the rules in some way by the time they reach adulthood, because strict penmanship is inefficient.

The reason they had many special "extra" features on many letters is to differentiate them from each other.

But, this is before they had sensory psychology/ linguistics science, where we realized that people don't need "all" of the letters to read a word.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 11:16:43 »
I like writing instruments to be fairly "fat" but light in weight, and easily gripped, so most "fancy" pens do not please me because they tend to be heavy. A Cross-style pen is therefore the worst of all possible worlds - skinny, heavy, and slick.

I do a fair amount of hand drafting in both pencil and pen, and I have my favorites, but I am not particularly elitist. I especially like traditional #2 wooden pencils. And I hate pink erasers, I use white vinyl if at all possible.

For cheap ordinary pens, Pilot used to make one called the "VBall Grip" that I liked a lot, but became very hard to find in any width except extra fine. I generally like pens with broader lines. They were also more prone to leak than most, not a good trait.

About analog music - I think that you have it backwards. All musical instruments (except synthesizers) are analog devices, including the human voice, sound waves themselves are an analog phenomenon, and the human ear is an analog device. A continuous sound wave curve most closely reproduces the actual event, and any sort of intermittent sampling, no matter how fine, is what leaves out and "blurs" information.

As to whether the capabilities of a machine are beyond the threshold of a human ear, well, that is another question, but I don't think that anyone will deny that analog music systems sound "warmer" even if they are less "crisp" than digital ones.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:21:19 »
I like writing instruments to be fairly "fat" but light in weight, and easily gripped, so most "fancy" pens do not please me because they tend to be heavy. A Cross-style pen is therefore the worst of all possible worlds - skinny, heavy, and slick.

I do a fair amount of hand drafting in both pencil and pen, and I have my favorites, but I am not particularly elitist. I especially like traditional #2 wooden pencils. And I hate pink erasers, I use white vinyl if at all possible.

For cheap ordinary pens, Pilot used to make one called the "VBall Grip" that I liked a lot, but became very hard to find in any width except extra fine. I generally like pens with broader lines. They were also more prone to leak than most, not a good trait.

About analog music - I think that you have it backwards. All musical instruments (except synthesizers) are analog devices, including the human voice, sound waves themselves are an analog phenomenon, and the human ear is an analog device. A continuous sound wave curve most closely reproduces the actual event, and any sort of intermittent sampling, no matter how fine, is what leaves out and "blurs" information.

As to whether the capabilities of a machine are beyond the threshold of a human ear, well, that is another question, but I don't think that anyone will deny that analog music systems sound "warmer" even if they are less "crisp" than digital ones.

That would be true, if it were possible to reproduce the original analogue sound... the difference between digital and analogue signal / recording has nothing to do with this.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 12:25:24 »

>_> I can never produce good handwriting when I try to force myself to.

I apparently also can't write straight when I try to either, lolol.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 13:43:36 »
Show Image

//Jaws drop//

Bro, that a pretty sexy handwritin...

Lack of consistency but I've always found that to be part of the charm in "handwriting"

Offline bebuxe

Re: Best Handwriting Challenge
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 17:41:20 »
@Kellybear.
Have you looked at mines then? :))

@et al.
I just noticed I spelled Handwriting wrong on the thread description. It was spelled Hadwriting. Get it?

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 18:17:51 »

//Jaws drop//

Lack of consistency but I've always found that to be part of the charm in "handwriting"

I haven't written for a really long time either. I use the computer for everything now. When I was in elementary school my teachers would mark down points for bad handwriting so we always had to focus on it. After I entered middle and high school, it all went down the drain and this is what I'm left with lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 19:02:21 »
Show Image

//Jaws drop//

WHOA, did you just compliment a girl?

crazy, not a sexist remark either!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 20:21:09 »
@demik
NO. NO NO.
Do not change the subject this far! It was enough with keyboards, sound, tech, and life, but not social now! Must I hit you with today's Soap Opera line-up paper?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2012, 20:32:15 by bebuxe »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 20:22:35 »
im mad because i have incredibly bad hand writing :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 20:23:17 »
Prove it by posting it. It cannot be bad as mine.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 20:56:18 »
Show Image

//Jaws drop//

WHOA, did you just compliment a girl?

crazy, not a sexist remark either!

I don't believe there's a girl on geekhack, not for one second, disapproving wives don't count

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 20:57:13 »
im mad because i have incredibly bad hand writing :(

There's no such thing as bad handwriting.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 21:09:27 »

I don't believe there's a girl on geekhack, not for one second, disapproving wives don't count

You're right, I'm a Pikachu :3

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 21:12:31 »

You're right, I'm a Pikachu :3

A boy pikachu, probably.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 22:00:41 »

Y̛ͥͯ̎͆̍͆́ͪ́͑ͩ̒̾̏̇͒̅҉҉͏̖̲̥̖̫͎͜o̴̢̙͇̱̪̙̤ͦ̐̽ͮ̓͋͘u̶̶̶͍̝͇̱̩̬̤ͣ̈́̐̅͑̂̾̑͊̉̔ͤ͛̂̆͆̚̕ͅ ̡ͣ̇̑ͫ͏̺̝̠̠̘̹̙̝͉a̧͎̪͓̟̼̗̻̘̟̣͉̯̬͍͚̹̾ͮ̂ͬͦͨ̈́̿͋ͧ͝ŗ̡̳̝̭̦̮̮̮̤̥͚̰͎͍̯͚̋͒ͨ̐̌ͧ̽͋ͥ̉̃ͥͬ̅͟e̢̓ͬ̾ͥ̐ͬͧ̎ͣ̉͐ͤ͘͏̷̼̣̰̝̹̣̬ ͥ̆̏̒ͮ̎͒ͩͤ́́̎ͨ͏̢̼̜͔̘̳̯̥̮͍̬͎̮͔͎͍͘rͬͯͪ̈́͌͒ͮ͛̾̄̆͆͒͏̢̧̖̫̗̹̘͢i̵̛̊͋̓̏̑̔̌̌̓̌ͦ̽ͨ͒̏̂̚͢͢͏̺̞̯̤̱̱̲g̷̡͉̰̱̤͙̣̏̏̐͋̉ͪ͊ͪ̀͟ͅh̛̊ͨ̈͛̔̈́ͩ͒̔ͧ͌͢͏̳̯̰̗̘̻̜͍͍̲tͣ͆̒̅͐͆͛̿ͪ̆̿̇͌̽̈́͝҉̶̝̲̟̩̘͘.̸̵̧̟͕̙͇̖̙̺͍̘̳̺͆͌̾̈́̀ ̧̫̯̤͚̟̰͊ͧ̓ͨ̂̄̽̽͒ͥ͗̚̕͜T̡̼͈̹͇͈̈͆̆͑ͭ̑̏́͞h̡ͪ͌ͬ̒ͨ̚҉͏̻̹̹͎̤è̽ͧ̑͋ͥ҉҉̵̨̢̥̦̼̦̜̱̥̥͕̘̠̖̟̟̟̲ṟ̼̩̥͍̳̬̰̙̻̗ͯͫ̿̅ͩͭͬ̇͂͒̓ͩͮ́̐̚͟͝ę̝͈̪̫̳̘̱͖̹ͧͮ̑̈ͦͯ̇ͪͧ̄͊͂̿̐ͅ'̷̵̛̼̪̝̮̗̦̰͎͓͍̏̓͗ͬͭ̄́́s̖̻̗̙̼̗̮̞͍ͧ̑ͯ̓̏̉͋ͬ͗͗̓ͣ̃̊͗̂̈̔͛͝ ̷̲̰̘̖̬̙͓̻̬̮̃ͮ̒͑ͧ͗͗̏̊͟o̵̷̥̩̖̜̺͔ͪ̈ͬ̔̾̉͑ͧ̿͒̎ͩ̐̇͐͌̉n̴̴̨̞̰͔̦̲̙̭̩̺͗ͤ̃̀ͫ̽̔̊̃̓͐ͩ͋͒̋̓̑ͯ͡l̵̵̛̤͓̱̘̳͔̩̼͔̝̠̑̏ͪ͒ͭ̊̏̔̇̑̈̽̇ͦ̎̐̒y̢̥̳̝̬̘̟̺͖̮̜͈͉̮̤͕͋ͯ̎̂̾̿ͦ̂̊͑̏̄̌ͬͣ̏̄͆̆͡ͅͅ ̧̭̪̼̥͓̞͚͈̟̰̱̠̝̒̓ͮͧ̈ͯͩͯ̎͛͋͊̔̈̀͘l͋̃̄̒̐҉̢̨͉̥͚̬͖̻̙̘̠͎͖͈̦̱̀͢ȇ̜͈̤̭̥̯̖͎͉̀͛̽ͭͥ̑ͤ̓͗̓̏̓ͤ̉̒̓͜͝g̸̵̡͓̞͉͍̱̦̱̪͚̀̃̓̑̓͝͠ȋ̧͓̖̬̞͚̭̥̻͈̥̱̞̯̱͆ͯ͌̀ͅb̶̶̿͋ͥ̈̅҉̭̭̺͔̼̙̳͕̞̲͍͚̰̪͓̥͖̕ľ̛̖̱͎̞̱̲̙̦̒ͮͬ̂ͧ̋̿̾̌̽̿ͦ̚͘ͅȩ̏̆̃̊̐̇̃̍̓̉̓̐ͦͤ̋̚͏̥͉̖̮̬̻̝̩ ̸̫̙̲̦̠̮̹͇̠͕͙̳̟͗̃ͬ͗̕͢͡͝ả̷̷̶͕̫̻̳̙͔̬͍̺̪͖̼̤̠̐̽ͥ̏ͭ̅͌̅̿́n̨̫͓̰̈́͛͆̇͋̎ͣ͂͂͗̄ͤ̈́́͠ͅd̗̙̲̦ͪ̽̉ͮ͒̾̏ͥ͢͡͞͞ͅ ̽͗̿̍͘͏̬̙̻̱̭̮̭͇̩̘̗͇̪̥̻͚̣i̴̴̶͙̩̜͙̠̞̺̹̺͔̯̗̹̣̙͚̱̟̼̊͑̃̋̍̃̍̽̉̅͑̄͆͢l̡̗͙͔͚̹̥̬̗̭͚̙͕̰͇̰̦͇ͧ͊̎́ͤ̽͌̋́ͥ̎͟͡ͅľ̨̌̌̓ͥͮ̆̄ͦͥ̔͊͌̄̃̉̚҉̱͈̞̼̮̲̱͕̼̼͟e̍͊̎̈̉̀̎͊̇̏͂͒ͫ͗̑ͩͤͨ̚͏͚̦̝̘̲͔̟̖̪̺̝̬͉̮͕͙͢ͅģ͔̝̱̰͓̘͎̟̈́̅̃̈́͂̓̀̆i̡̳͈͍̺̯̱̖͍̰̮̳̠̠̙ͣ͑͒́̒͜͠b̴̸̰̩͚̤̎̓ͧ͆ͥ̀ͥͅl̢͔̳̖̳ͬ̿ͨ̍͌͒ͭ̀ę̸̛̰̥̗͔̪͍͙̹̱͙̯͚̝̣͚͚͕̠͉͑̐ͧ̀̈ͦ̈́ͤ͑̒͒ͥ͒́̚͝ ̷̧̨̪͕̳͈̼̘̘ͣ̇̍̊͂ͦ̉̒̓ͫͧͥ͐̚͘͞ȟ̸̵̗̹͎̟͚̤̫̻ͤ̓̎͋̿ͫ͛̒ͤͯ̉̽́̕͢a̶̸̲͇̘̲͉͉͔̼̳͎͉͉͕̅̿́ͪ̔͒̿̂̕͟͡n̡̲̳̠͉̙̺̆ͣ̎̌ͩ̅͋̏̾ͣ͆̑̓̍͐ͩͩͧ͡d̵ͧ̈́͆ͫ̓ͧ̀̆ͮͥͦ̿̿̃̆͐̍́́͏̶͖̤͉̜̦͓w̏ͤ̓͒̋̓̐̄̿̀͢͏̢͕͔̱̯͔̼̪͠ŗ̷̰͍̰͎̝̰̯̗̙̫̰̫̳͙̏͆ͥ̾̐͌ͩͫ̍̕i̧͒̓̓̄ͮͣ̓͗͐̅̇̆ͯ̌҉̹̖̣̰͇̺͔͈̙̩̠͍̥̥͓̞̫͞ţ͈̣̥̹̟͓̝̳ͪ̓ͨͨ̆͌̿̎̒̾̾ͯͦ̊ͫ̾͛͗́͢ͅi̶̵̻̘̖̪̒́̊̀ͮ̾̑ͧ̏̈́ͮͩ͞ͅǹ̨̼͕̩̻͙̳̳̭̙͑ͧ̈́ͫͮ͛̾̽͑̇́̍̽͛̆͌͊̀̚͟͝͝ͅg͂͂̅ͬ̍̒ͯ̌̉ͧͯ̏̽͏͉̻͚̠̘̗̘͕̮͖̹̗͈͚͙͓͈͉͙́͘͜͠.̷̢͗ͨ͂̊͐͘͠҉̯̹͓̙̲͉̻͎͙̰͖͓͎͓̦̙
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2012, 22:10:14 by bebuxe »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 22:45:45 »
Well, we know for a fact that handwriting analysis has been proven to be complete bull****..

Handwriting is as telling as one's face. there isn't "Nothing" in it, but there isn't anything definitive either.

It's influenced by too many things that we cannot possibly pin down.

Severe deviation from the handwriting norms could either be a yearning to stand out, or it could also be an impulse control disorder.

There's nearly no way we could know before the guy kills his neighbors which one it is.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 23:04:21 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2012, 23:13:14 by bebuxe »

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 23:49:17 »
I haven't written in a while considering I'm on school holidays and have been doing far too much typing so here's my attempt.

I felt like I didn't write very well. TOO MUCH PRESSURE.

Dave.
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.
PM me if you've got any you'd like to send to Australia, I'm happy to buy!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 13:37:03 »
I haven't written in a while considering I'm on school holidays and have been doing far too much typing so here's my attempt.

Show Image

Dave.

Looks like a young person's handwriting..

I'd describe it as,  direction-less and unruly  :D

this doesn't mean bad, it's just what the visuals bring to mind.

How old might you be?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 13:44:22 »
Show Image

Y̛ͥͯ̎͆̍͆́ͪ́͑ͩ̒̾̏̇͒̅҉҉͏̖̲̥̖̫͎͜o̴̢̙͇̱̪̙̤ͦ̐̽ͮ̓͋͘u̶̶̶͍̝͇̱̩̬̤ͣ̈́̐̅͑̂̾̑͊̉̔ͤ͛̂̆͆̚̕ͅ ̡ͣ̇̑ͫ͏̺̝̠̠̘̹̙̝͉a̧͎̪͓̟̼̗̻̘̟̣͉̯̬͍͚̹̾ͮ̂ͬͦͨ̈́̿͋ͧ͝ŗ̡̳̝̭̦̮̮̮̤̥͚̰͎͍̯͚̋͒ͨ̐̌ͧ̽͋ͥ̉̃ͥͬ̅͟e̢̓ͬ̾ͥ̐ͬͧ̎ͣ̉͐ͤ͘͏̷̼̣̰̝̹̣̬ ͥ̆̏̒ͮ̎͒ͩͤ́́̎ͨ͏̢̼̜͔̘̳̯̥̮͍̬͎̮͔͎͍͘rͬͯͪ̈́͌͒ͮ͛̾̄̆͆͒͏̢̧̖̫̗̹̘͢i̵̛̊͋̓̏̑̔̌̌̓̌ͦ̽ͨ͒̏̂̚͢͢͏̺̞̯̤̱̱̲g̷̡͉̰̱̤͙̣̏̏̐͋̉ͪ͊ͪ̀͟ͅh̛̊ͨ̈͛̔̈́ͩ͒̔ͧ͌͢͏̳̯̰̗̘̻̜͍͍̲tͣ͆̒̅͐͆͛̿ͪ̆̿̇͌̽̈́͝҉̶̝̲̟̩̘͘.̸̵̧̟͕̙͇̖̙̺͍̘̳̺͆͌̾̈́̀ ̧̫̯̤͚̟̰͊ͧ̓ͨ̂̄̽̽͒ͥ͗̚̕͜T̡̼͈̹͇͈̈͆̆͑ͭ̑̏́͞h̡ͪ͌ͬ̒ͨ̚҉͏̻̹̹͎̤è̽ͧ̑͋ͥ҉҉̵̨̢̥̦̼̦̜̱̥̥͕̘̠̖̟̟̟̲ṟ̼̩̥͍̳̬̰̙̻̗ͯͫ̿̅ͩͭͬ̇͂͒̓ͩͮ́̐̚͟͝ę̝͈̪̫̳̘̱͖̹ͧͮ̑̈ͦͯ̇ͪͧ̄͊͂̿̐ͅ'̷̵̛̼̪̝̮̗̦̰͎͓͍̏̓͗ͬͭ̄́́s̖̻̗̙̼̗̮̞͍ͧ̑ͯ̓̏̉͋ͬ͗͗̓ͣ̃̊͗̂̈̔͛͝ ̷̲̰̘̖̬̙͓̻̬̮̃ͮ̒͑ͧ͗͗̏̊͟o̵̷̥̩̖̜̺͔ͪ̈ͬ̔̾̉͑ͧ̿͒̎ͩ̐̇͐͌̉n̴̴̨̞̰͔̦̲̙̭̩̺͗ͤ̃̀ͫ̽̔̊̃̓͐ͩ͋͒̋̓̑ͯ͡l̵̵̛̤͓̱̘̳͔̩̼͔̝̠̑̏ͪ͒ͭ̊̏̔̇̑̈̽̇ͦ̎̐̒y̢̥̳̝̬̘̟̺͖̮̜͈͉̮̤͕͋ͯ̎̂̾̿ͦ̂̊͑̏̄̌ͬͣ̏̄͆̆͡ͅͅ ̧̭̪̼̥͓̞͚͈̟̰̱̠̝̒̓ͮͧ̈ͯͩͯ̎͛͋͊̔̈̀͘l͋̃̄̒̐҉̢̨͉̥͚̬͖̻̙̘̠͎͖͈̦̱̀͢ȇ̜͈̤̭̥̯̖͎͉̀͛̽ͭͥ̑ͤ̓͗̓̏̓ͤ̉̒̓͜͝g̸̵̡͓̞͉͍̱̦̱̪͚̀̃̓̑̓͝͠ȋ̧͓̖̬̞͚̭̥̻͈̥̱̞̯̱͆ͯ͌̀ͅb̶̶̿͋ͥ̈̅҉̭̭̺͔̼̙̳͕̞̲͍͚̰̪͓̥͖̕ľ̛̖̱͎̞̱̲̙̦̒ͮͬ̂ͧ̋̿̾̌̽̿ͦ̚͘ͅȩ̏̆̃̊̐̇̃̍̓̉̓̐ͦͤ̋̚͏̥͉̖̮̬̻̝̩ ̸̫̙̲̦̠̮̹͇̠͕͙̳̟͗̃ͬ͗̕͢͡͝ả̷̷̶͕̫̻̳̙͔̬͍̺̪͖̼̤̠̐̽ͥ̏ͭ̅͌̅̿́n̨̫͓̰̈́͛͆̇͋̎ͣ͂͂͗̄ͤ̈́́͠ͅd̗̙̲̦ͪ̽̉ͮ͒̾̏ͥ͢͡͞͞ͅ ̽͗̿̍͘͏̬̙̻̱̭̮̭͇̩̘̗͇̪̥̻͚̣i̴̴̶͙̩̜͙̠̞̺̹̺͔̯̗̹̣̙͚̱̟̼̊͑̃̋̍̃̍̽̉̅͑̄͆͢l̡̗͙͔͚̹̥̬̗̭͚̙͕̰͇̰̦͇ͧ͊̎́ͤ̽͌̋́ͥ̎͟͡ͅľ̨̌̌̓ͥͮ̆̄ͦͥ̔͊͌̄̃̉̚҉̱͈̞̼̮̲̱͕̼̼͟e̍͊̎̈̉̀̎͊̇̏͂͒ͫ͗̑ͩͤͨ̚͏͚̦̝̘̲͔̟̖̪̺̝̬͉̮͕͙͢ͅģ͔̝̱̰͓̘͎̟̈́̅̃̈́͂̓̀̆i̡̳͈͍̺̯̱̖͍̰̮̳̠̠̙ͣ͑͒́̒͜͠b̴̸̰̩͚̤̎̓ͧ͆ͥ̀ͥͅl̢͔̳̖̳ͬ̿ͨ̍͌͒ͭ̀ę̸̛̰̥̗͔̪͍͙̹̱͙̯͚̝̣͚͚͕̠͉͑̐ͧ̀̈ͦ̈́ͤ͑̒͒ͥ͒́̚͝ ̷̧̨̪͕̳͈̼̘̘ͣ̇̍̊͂ͦ̉̒̓ͫͧͥ͐̚͘͞ȟ̸̵̗̹͎̟͚̤̫̻ͤ̓̎͋̿ͫ͛̒ͤͯ̉̽́̕͢a̶̸̲͇̘̲͉͉͔̼̳͎͉͉͕̅̿́ͪ̔͒̿̂̕͟͡n̡̲̳̠͉̙̺̆ͣ̎̌ͩ̅͋̏̾ͣ͆̑̓̍͐ͩͩͧ͡d̵ͧ̈́͆ͫ̓ͧ̀̆ͮͥͦ̿̿̃̆͐̍́́͏̶͖̤͉̜̦͓w̏ͤ̓͒̋̓̐̄̿̀͢͏̢͕͔̱̯͔̼̪͠ŗ̷̰͍̰͎̝̰̯̗̙̫̰̫̳͙̏͆ͥ̾̐͌ͩͫ̍̕i̧͒̓̓̄ͮͣ̓͗͐̅̇̆ͯ̌҉̹̖̣̰͇̺͔͈̙̩̠͍̥̥͓̞̫͞ţ͈̣̥̹̟͓̝̳ͪ̓ͨͨ̆͌̿̎̒̾̾ͯͦ̊ͫ̾͛͗́͢ͅi̶̵̻̘̖̪̒́̊̀ͮ̾̑ͧ̏̈́ͮͩ͞ͅǹ̨̼͕̩̻͙̳̳̭̙͑ͧ̈́ͫͮ͛̾̽͑̇́̍̽͛̆͌͊̀̚͟͝͝ͅg͂͂̅ͬ̍̒ͯ̌̉ͧͯ̏̽͏͉̻͚̠̘̗̘͕̮͖̹̗͈͚͙͓͈͉͙́͘͜͠.̷̢͗ͨ͂̊͐͘͠҉̯̹͓̙̲͉̻͎͙̰͖͓͎͓̦̙

I keep looking at this, thinking, i can't read it, but it's kinda nice.

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 20:33:01 »

Show Image

Dave.

How old might you be?

Spot on! I'm 17, almost 18. But that would be clear as I said I was on school holidays  ;)

We were always taught to write in cursive in grade 2 or 3 but most of my classmates stopped writing like that and for some reason I continued.

I like it better than the average person's writing though.

Dave.
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 02:12:23 »

Show Image

Dave.

How old might you be?

Spot on! I'm 17, almost 18. But that would be clear as I said I was on school holidays  ;)

We were always taught to write in cursive in grade 2 or 3 but most of my classmates stopped writing like that and for some reason I continued.

I like it better than the average person's writing though.

Dave.

Yea, in a few years, your writing should level out such that there's more order.

You can usually tell if the person's young or old through their handwriting from the size and slant consistency.

But this is still not perfect, because some people might not ever had to write, idk, they're rich and could afford a scribe.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:26:12 »
I think schools should be having typing classes instead, and start at the least with the KB QFMLWY layout (http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/?full_optimization). I wonder If I should have them have terminals instead at every desk. Nah, too distracting.

Writing is only needed for scratch notes and signature. Even then, tablets and RSA keys are better.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2012, 05:05:44 by bebuxe »

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 18:44:30 »
I had typing classes in elementary school. And I've used computers for homework assignments since the 7th grade. It's given me touch typing skills and my wrists never go below the keyboard while I'm typing. I hate watching my sister type because she rests her hands on the table whenever she's typing. That, and she's slow as a slug. Thankfully she doesn't use the computer often.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 18:49:31 »
kelly and tp4 write like gods lol

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 20:48:08 »
I think schools should be having typing classes instead, and start at the least with the KB QFMLWY layout (http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/?full_optimization). I wonder If I should have them have terminals instead at every desk. Nah, too distracting.

Writing is only needed for scratch notes and signature. Even then, tablets and RSA keys are better.

If they only learnt QFMLWY and most keyboards were standard QWERTY then we'd have a relatively useless workforce until QFMLWY became standard ;)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 00:06:21 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:23:31 by esoomenona »