Author Topic: Ducky PBT Cherry MX Keycap Set - Dye Sublimated Blue/Gray  (Read 5900 times)

Offline riko

Ducky PBT Cherry MX Keycap Set - Dye Sublimated Blue/Gray
« on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:14:58 »
Has anyone tried Ducky PBT Cherry MX Keycap Set - Dye Sublimated Blue/Gray? Are they any good compared to other PBT Keycaps?

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Re: Ducky PBT Cherry MX Keycap Set - Dye Sublimated Blue/Gray
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:22:21 »
I have the Ducky PBT Blank Blue/Gray (essentially the same thing).

Ducky caps are some of the best keycaps I own. They are thick, LED's dont shine through, and they are quality.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline seville57

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:44:35 »
Has anyone tried Ducky PBT Cherry MX Keycap Set - Dye Sublimated Blue/Gray? Are they any good compared to other PBT Keycaps?

I own 2 sets, 1 ANSI blank and 1 laser engraved ISO/Nordic layout.

This sets are not any good for a LED k-board, the LEDs don't shine through the Grey caps and only a very little glow on the Blue caps.

Here is my laser engraved ISO/Nordic set.

My blank ANSI set.

Test picture, ISO/Nordic Ducky Shine 2 with white LEDs, with some of Duckys Grey/Blue laser engraved ISO/Nordic caps.

The pink caps are Duckys ABS, I got them with the k-board when I bought the board 4 years ago.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:11:15 by seville57 »

Offline riko

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:21:28 »
My Keyboard doesn't have any LED lights. How thick are they?

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:26:59 »
@riko: Yes, I have that exact set. I also have the Ducky cream & green set. They are of excellent quality. I think the thickness is 1.5 mm. The legends are straight and fairly sharp, and the fit and finish are very good. They are also "OEM" profile, which is difficult to find in high-quality dye-sub PBT. These are among the very few sets that I have found to work well with the CM Novatouch keyboard -- it seems to need a high profile like OEM to avoid having the keycaps contact the switch housings or plate resulting in harsh bottoming out noise.

Offline riko

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:18:30 »
@riko: Yes, I have that exact set. I also have the Ducky cream & green set. They are of excellent quality. I think the thickness is 1.5 mm. The legends are straight and fairly sharp, and the fit and finish are very good. They are also "OEM" profile, which is difficult to find in high-quality dye-sub PBT. These are among the very few sets that I have found to work well with the CM Novatouch keyboard -- it seems to need a high profile like OEM to avoid having the keycaps contact the switch housings or plate resulting in harsh bottoming out noise.

Thanks for the info.  :thumb:

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:27:34 »
Ive got that set but engraved and a dye sub all grey and they are my two favorite set of caps. By far the highest quality sets Ive come in contact with. If I ever get Mx stems for my HHKB Im going to use one of them on it :)
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:00:00 »
Ive got that set but engraved and a dye sub all grey and they are my two favorite set of caps. By far the highest quality sets Ive come in contact with. If I ever get Mx stems for my HHKB Im going to use one of them on it :)

HHKB with Ducky Blue/Gray would look pretty neat!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 09:41:43 »

HHKB with Ducky Blue/Gray would look pretty neat!

Yeah but my ISO enter wouldnt fit :/
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline shortround

• Scoot jockey, nomad trash.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 18:04:27 »
I have the exact keycaps you're asking about and I like them a lot.  I find I like the OEM profile, texture, and solid feeling nubs on the f and j keys.  In real life the blue and gray seem a shade or 2 lighter than in the online pictures I've seen.  My only other PBT keycaps were a set of cherry profile caps from geekkeys, the nubs on f and j were barely tangible and I found I don't like the shorter cherry profile.

Offline mikes41720

• Ranting & Rambling
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 01:04:27 »
I have the Green/Cream Etched set myself and it is of fantastic quality! Very thick, but pretty close with the Vortex PBT doubleshot white backlit compatible set. I'd say the Vortext set had a bit of a rougher texture on it, but the Ducky set feels just right in terms of texture. Very good set indeed and it pairs nicely on my Ducky Shine 3. In fact, I believe it's on Massdrop right now. :)