Author Topic: Where to find PBT Toxic Keycap Set?  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
Where to find PBT Toxic Keycap Set?
« on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:58:34 »
Hey, I was just wondering whether anyone knew a place that I could purchase the Toxic keycap set. Can't seem to find it anywhere  :(

Thanks
Custom 60%: Cherry MX blues with 62g gold springs and PBT Black on Black dyesub keycaps.

Other Keyboards: Deck Hassium Pro (MX Browns), the underated Leopold FC660M (MX Browns)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Where to find PBT Toxic Keycap Set?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:06:22 »
Toxic was a large, but ultimately limited, run.

TechKeys had some, but the base set is sold out: http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/toxic-set

You might try contacting BunnyLake to see if he has any spare sets.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:08:17 »
Hey, I was just wondering whether anyone knew a place that I could purchase the Toxic keycap set. Can't seem to find it anywhere  :(

Thanks
hey numpy
Unfortunately the toxic keycap set was never officially done in pbt. There is the Toxic SP (Made by Signature Plastics which is no longer available except secondhand) set that is still traded and sold fairly often here in GeekHacks classifieds as well as on mechmarket. It's really a beautiful set and even though I'm not a huge SP DCS fan (DCS Is the profile they keyset was made in) the SP toxic set is sexy enough to overcome most of my issues with the profile. Be prepared to shell out between $70 - $100 roughly depending on options or extras that are included.

Now if you don't feel like waiting to find one secondhand Tai Hai has a Black and yellow PBT set that is toxic esque  available in multiple places for roughly $50. I hope this helps and unfortunately I'm on my phone or I would try and find some links for you.

Anyways hope to see you around and welcome

sed8
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 22:43:57 »

Thanks
hey numpy
Unfortunately the toxic keycap set was never officially done in pbt. There is the Toxic SP (Made by Signature Plastics which is no longer available except secondhand) set that is still traded and sold fairly often here in GeekHacks classifieds as well as on mechmarket. It's really a beautiful set and even though I'm not a huge SP DCS fan (DCS Is the profile they keyset was made in) the SP toxic set is sexy enough to overcome most of my issues with the profile. Be prepared to shell out between $70 - $100 roughly depending on options or extras that are included.

Now if you don't feel like waiting to find one secondhand Tai Hai has a Black and yellow PBT set that is toxic esque  available in multiple places for roughly $50. I hope this helps and unfortunately I'm on my phone or I would try and find some links for you.

Anyways hope to see you around and welcome

sed8

Thanks so much for the reply. I did find a set on mechmarket but in my very limited time here on geekhack I've already found a  I like as much or maybe even more. I'm hoping the GB runs  :) https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75607.0;topicseen

Thanks again,
Numpy
Custom 60%: Cherry MX blues with 62g gold springs and PBT Black on Black dyesub keycaps.

Other Keyboards: Deck Hassium Pro (MX Browns), the underated Leopold FC660M (MX Browns)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 03:40:40 »
Ok, given that they are not PBT, have you tried posting in the group buy thread?

Some people have indicated that they don't want their sets any more.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 November 2015, 03:46:38 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:22:10 »
Ok, given that they are not PBT, have you tried posting in the group buy thread?

I'm a bit confused. Are the keycaps in this GB PBT or ABS?

Thanks for the link

Offline slushi

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:39:54 »
Just FYI, this guy on reddit has his 60% set for sale, but i think it is CONUS only. :(

HHKB Pro 2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 19:57:49 »

I'm a bit confused. Are the keycaps in this GB PBT or ABS?

Thanks for the link

The original Toxic GB was thin ABS by SP/PMK.  It was a custom colour.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 21:34:57 »
Just FYI, this guy on reddit has his 60% set for sale, but i think it is CONUS only. :(

I was looking at that thread. Is 80 bucks normal price for a 60%?
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 03:36:05 »

I was looking at that thread. Is 80 bucks normal price for a 60%?

Just the numpad set is $25 from TechKeys, so $80 for a 60% set might be about right (assuming you mean enough keys to populate a 60% keyboard).

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 09:20:21 »
Keep in mind that the Toxic group buy is not actually finished.  There are still ~50 orders that have not been shipped due to missing keys (including mine).

Anyone looking for a set should monitor the group buy thread, as people still waiting for their sets will sometimes drop out and offer their order for sale there.
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline slushi

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 09:46:35 »
Keep in mind that the Toxic group buy is not actually finished.  There are still ~50 orders that have not been shipped due to missing keys (including mine).

Anyone looking for a set should monitor the group buy thread, as people still waiting for their sets will sometimes drop out and offer their order for sale there.

Great advice! I also didn't know that geekkeys had some of the extra sets. I need a tsangan kit since I traded for my set and its coming in the mail today. Gonna check the keys and see what I may need replacements for.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 19:59:47 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77144.msg1939848#msg1939848

:p