Author Topic: need advice for majestouch modding  (Read 2124 times)

Offline jpaul

need advice for majestouch modding
« on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 16:47:55 »
Hi people, i'm happy owner of a majestouch, but as i use it a lot for work, i'd like to make that great keyboard even better. what i want is to mod the letters (not numbers) and Ctrl/Win/Shift/Alt in white for better visibility. So i'd like to know if someone knows where i could get such keys set. I have an azerty, but these are difficult to find, so if you have a qwerty set i'm fine with that. also icing on cake, if someone knows where to get an orange esc key for cheap that would be perfect
this is my keyboard

https://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/french-filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tactile-action-keyboard.asp

Offline jamster

Re: need advice for majestouch modding
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 20:41:44 »
Have you just tried an online search for Azerty key caps? You don't indicate where you are located, but the European versions of Amazon carry these fairly easily.

If you get a uniform profile key cap set, you can just mix and match the rows to make azerty without worrying about the height of the caps.

Offline jpaul

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 04:19:54 »
yeah, i made a few searchs already. but the thing is this is endless. plus it's pretty hard to know about the quality too. i have a very good keyboard. i don't want to wait 2 month for delivery, then realize this is cheap Asian made stuff. this is why i'm seeking for advice

Offline jamster

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 04:38:29 »
It would be useful to specify which part of the world you're in. And what you are prepared to pay- if you want cheap, then you're going to have to roll the dice a bit on quality, but then again most people are perfectly happy without GMK quality caps. And if you're not going to go GMK prices, it's all "cheap asian made stuff" because that's where the factories are.

If you want to mix and match QWERTY to AZERTY for more colour choice, look for a uniform profile set and you don't have to limit yourself to AZERTY (unless that also involves some differences in mod keys which I have no clue about).

Profile information, look for uniform: https://mechlab.cc/a-guide-to-keycap-profiles/

Edit: If you are simply looking for a list of vendors, the very first sticked thread in this forum contains that. Beyond that, you're talking aesthetics, and that's really for you to determine.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2020, 04:43:07 by jamster »

Offline jpaul

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 03:20:16 »
i'm in France. but i don't see why this is so important, as as i said i want to mod the letters only. so azerty, qwerty, i believe both are ok, unless i'm mistaken. and yes, as i told it i want quality as i have a quality keyboard

Offline jamster

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 03:42:53 »
i'm in France. but i don't see why this is so important, as as i said i want to mod the letters only. so azerty, qwerty, i believe both are ok, unless i'm mistaken. and yes, as i told it i want quality as i have a quality keyboard
Well, with an attitude like that... good luck.