Author Topic: new mouse?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline kSKY

new mouse?
« on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 12:23:01 »
christmas is around the corner and i am going to invest in another mouse. i currently have a kinzu and became accustomed to the small mouse - claw grip style.

the problem with the kinzu is the positive acceleration, and that's probably the only reason why i won't be buying it again. what mouse may one suggest that fits my criteria? smallish, simple, inexpensive and long lasting.

Offline fuzzybyte

new mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 12:43:25 »
maybe you should look at the ZOWIE EC thread that was just started earlier.

Offline tonyklo

new mouse?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 December 2010, 13:38:29 »
zowie ec-1 or 2 for sure !

Offline Conditioned

new mouse?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 December 2010, 01:15:33 »
zowie has prediction. If you are going gaming the deathadder 1800 dpi has the best sensor if you like the shape. its pretty much like an ie.

If you want an ec1 i have one thatīs been used for 30 secs with packaging etc included. ships from swe.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1300293&page=5http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1300293&page=5

Checked out the oc thread now. Go esreality for all your mouse needs.

Ps. If you really want to geek it out check out http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=1
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 December 2010, 04:02:15 by Conditioned »
Antec p183, I5@4.01 ghz, 6Gb Kingston Ram,1200w Corsair psu, Intel 80 gb ssd, 3TB Storage (Seagate), Asus Essence STX with AKG K701, Gigabyte 480 gtx, Dell 2048 WFP 24" + Benq xl2410t 120hz 23,6", Razer Deathadder 3g with Goliathus Control, Netgear Wnr 3500 running Tomato USB w/ 500 gb storage

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
new mouse?
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 December 2010, 18:29:02 »
My cats can get you a few new mice out of my kitchen.

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline kidchunks

new mouse?
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 December 2010, 23:01:33 »
I haven't had a problem with my g500s. Solid build and is very comfy. You can't go wrong with them. If you're short on cash, then I'd say an mx 518. Newegg has them right now for $36
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline nmd

new mouse?
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 December 2010, 00:23:07 »
I was looking at the Zowie EC2. Tried to email their support through the form on the site and got an internal error reply from their mail server, so that's a bit worrying.

Looking at reviews about the EC1/EC2 it seems their new mouse wheel isn't all it's cracked up to be as nearly everyone reports it as not working. Disappointing because it looks like a Razer DeathAdder and the EC2 is smaller which is what I would prefer but if the scroll doesn't register properly there's no sense in trying it. :/

I liked everything about the G500 but it's too high for me to use comfortably but everything about it was nice(texture, grip, software.) I'd recommend you try almost anything from Logitech. They're no frills, no marketing hype but just all-around good. When you said inexpensive though, that pretty much took away anything I would suggest. If you wait for sales you can pick up a MX 518 for roughly $20-25 if you don't mind glossy finishes it's a hard deal to beat. G500 hits around $30-35 and the G9x gets to around $40-45.

If you don't mind positive accel, the SteelSeries Kinzu tends to hit $15 on sale but it's only 3 buttons. If you don't mind a Z-axis issue(pretty minimal in all my trying it) the Razer Imperator is a perfect grip for small hands/claw grip imo. Unfortunately, Razer isn't known for quality and it has that ****ing high gloss on the sides(sorry but I HATE gloss on peripherals.)

Offline tonyklo

new mouse?
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 December 2010, 01:38:58 »
Quote from: nmd;262069
I was looking at the Zowie EC2. Tried to email their support through the form on the site and got an internal error reply from their mail server, so that's a bit worrying.

Looking at reviews about the EC1/EC2 it seems their new mouse wheel isn't all it's cracked up to be as nearly everyone reports it as not working. Disappointing because it looks like a Razer DeathAdder and the EC2 is smaller which is what I would prefer but if the scroll doesn't register properly there's no sense in trying it. :/

I liked everything about the G500 but it's too high for me to use comfortably but everything about it was nice(texture, grip, software.) I'd recommend you try almost anything from Logitech. They're no frills, no marketing hype but just all-around good. When you said inexpensive though, that pretty much took away anything I would suggest. If you wait for sales you can pick up a MX 518 for roughly $20-25 if you don't mind glossy finishes it's a hard deal to beat. G500 hits around $30-35 and the G9x gets to around $40-45.

If you don't mind positive accel, the SteelSeries Kinzu tends to hit $15 on sale but it's only 3 buttons. If you don't mind a Z-axis issue(pretty minimal in all my trying it) the Razer Imperator is a perfect grip for small hands/claw grip imo. Unfortunately, Razer isn't known for quality and it has that ****ing high gloss on the sides(sorry but I HATE gloss on peripherals.)

I was told that the new shipment of the EC-1/2 don't have any mousewheel problems. :  ) I have both, definiteily worth a try.