Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8595691 times)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #5450 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 15:36:11 »
Nothing

Sob

Not really surprising - to be eligible to enter you had to have joined GH on or before 01-Aug-2014.

Haha, if only the sales went by oldest-to-newest member priority. :D

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5451 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:14:05 »
Nothing

Sob

Not really surprising - to be eligible to enter you had to have joined GH on or before 01-Aug-2014.

Oldest by chronological age, or oldest by length of membership?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5452 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:15:07 »

Nothing

Sob

Look at his profile, membership I'd say :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5453 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:43:48 »

Nothing

Sob

Look at his profile, membership I'd say :)

I saw that :))

Although it is the more established members that tend to have awesome CC collections, what with having joined when CC started making them and you could actually buy one at your leisure.

OTOH providing priority for aged members would give them something nice to look at in the autumn years of their lives.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #5454 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:44:55 »
I really want to see more pictures of that silver. Seems really cool, but can't get a good sense of how it will look. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Going to look great on black RF, that's for sure.
Definitely.  Probably goes well with the RF logo too.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #5455 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 18:48:09 »
Edit: disregard, possibly less-than-sober person who doesn't know what they're saying. :permanoob: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 20:28:04 by dnix »

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5456 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 18:57:24 »
Nothing

Sob

I was able to get one, and I've been a member for half a month.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5457 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 19:36:35 »

Nothing

Sob

Technically you should not be entering if you follow the rules. I doubt CC checked the joined date of each person who entered, that'd be a lot of work, but there's a certain level of trust placed.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5458 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 20:06:56 »
Nothing

Sob

Hmmm...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #5459 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 20:35:47 »
Nothing

Sob

Hmm, I'd probably lose out by age, so length of membership would be best; however, why not have a priority sale for each? :D

That way people who have been around for longer can get a better shot at finally getting one haha

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5460 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:08:26 »
Nothing

Sob

:eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5461 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:11:28 »
Nothing

Sob

Hmm, I'd probably lose out by age, so length of membership would be best; however, why not have a priority sale for each? :D

That way people who have been around for longer can get a better shot at finally getting one haha

You joined more than a year before me, sir, I can only bow to your seniority :p

But I might have a chance on both fronts :))

Offline keyton

« Reply #5462 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:12:40 »
Nothing

Sob

:eek:

SOB

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5463 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:23:18 »

Nothing

Sob

Technically you should not be entering if you follow the rules. I doubt CC checked the joined date of each person who entered, that'd be a lot of work, but there's a certain level of trust placed.

I wasn't really aware that there were rules, I kinda just skimmed through the first part and only read about the "email order info" to make sure that I got the order in time. I was just overall excited to experience my first CC sale and didn't pay much attention to the details other than the order info. I tried contacting him to take my order back and let someone else get the chance of getting the key I ordered, but he didn't reply so I decided to pay for it and to give it as a gift to my mom for her topre board as I didn't even realise it wasn't a MX keycap  :-[.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5464 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:27:52 »

Nothing

Sob

I wasn't really aware that there were rules, I kinda just skimmed through the first part and only read about the "email order info" to make sure that I got the order in time. I was just overall excited to experience my first CC sale and didn't pay much attention to the details other than the order info. I tried contacting him to take my order back and let someone else get the chance of getting the key I ordered, but he didn't reply so I decided to pay for it and to give it as a gift to my mom for her topre board as I didn't even realise it wasn't a MX keycap  :-[.

Can't even be mad. Too sweet.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5465 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:31:26 »

Nothing

Sob

Can't even be mad. Too sweet.

Everyone's thinking "can I be your mom?"

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #5466 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:39:59 »

Nothing

Sob

Very thoughtful. I got my mom a Cherry G80 haha, gotta get the whole family some mech keyboards. How else are we going to display all our keycaps?

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5467 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:46:59 »

Very thoughtful. I got my mom a Cherry G80 haha, gotta get the whole family some mech keyboards. How else are we going to display all our keycaps?

Haha very true, but it was actually my brother who got the topre for her/got everyone in my family hooked on mech kb's

You all could, if you raise your children to like electronics and mechanical keyboards and get them to do all the CC shopping for you  :))

Offline Belfong

Clack Therapy
« Reply #5468 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 21:53:12 »
How convenient. Can I be your mom? Ha ha!!

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #5469 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:58:48 »

Haha very true, but it was actually my brother who got the topre for her/got everyone in my family hooked on mech kb's

You all could, if you raise your children to like electronics and mechanical keyboards and get them to do all the CC shopping for you  :))

That's awesome lol
c h e r

Offline keyton

« Reply #5470 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 17:32:17 »
When is the next sale?

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #5471 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 17:58:47 »
When is the next sale?

Only CC knows  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #5472 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 18:39:36 »
I have no idea what's going on in this thread, can someone tell me what the purpose of clack therapy is? :P

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5473 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 18:43:21 »
I have no idea what's going on in this thread, can someone tell me what the purpose of clack therapy is? :P

To receive compassion from others who didn't make it into a sale!

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #5474 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 18:59:01 »

ah, well I tried but I sent the email too early because I was too stupid to read the rules first, something about 20 mins, "send email 20 mins before the timer ends" is what I interpreted from it...oh well..

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #5475 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 20:24:49 »

It's important we keep each other sane and not falling into the deep wells of depression.
c h e r

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #5476 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 22:30:22 »

It's important we keep each other sane and not falling into the deep wells of depression.
Indeed. The thread also became a place where we can all gather when a clack sale is announced and get kinda pumped up. Which is in itself, therapeutic.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5477 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 03:17:19 »

Indeed. The thread also became a place where we can all gather when a clack sale is announced and get kinda pumped up. Which is in itself, therapeutic.

Wise words from the thread started ;D

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #5478 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 03:22:39 »

Wise words from the thread started ;D

Before Clack therapy, I believe that for every sale there would be a new thread. Typically, before the sale it contained a lot of excited post. After the sale it contained many shattered dreams. This is now pretty much in this thread, instead of having multiple threads for each sale.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5479 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:29:19 »
I can't ****in' believe I can't find an MX trade for my Topre Historic Blue. Almost a month and I can't even give it away (well, I could but I'm not.) I swear this thing is cursed.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5480 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:31:29 »
I can't ****in' believe I can't find an MX trade for my Topre Historic Blue. Almost a month and I can't even give it away (well, I could but I'm not.) I swear this thing is cursed.

People are just holding tight to their collections right now. So many WTB and WWTF clack threads and nobody wanting to exchange. Stale.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5481 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:38:44 »

People are just holding tight to their collections right now. So many WTB and WWTF clack threads and nobody wanting to exchange. Stale.

All these newbie collectors just wanna add to their collection instead of trading. Keep getting PM's from people who wanna buy the damn thing. Hey, maybe I want to keep my collection's status quo.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5482 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:42:08 »

All these newbie collectors just wanna add to their collection instead of trading. Keep getting PM's from people who wanna buy the damn thing. Hey, maybe I want to keep my collection's status quo.

But then nobody would ever get any clacks. A few would go out to new people when the sale goes out, but it wouldn't soley be people who haven't already got one.

I've spoken about this before, and it's not a good mindset to get into being oldguard vs newbies
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5483 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:48:24 »

But then nobody would ever get any clacks. A few would go out to new people when the sale goes out, but it wouldn't soley be people who haven't already got one.

I've spoken about this before, and it's not a good mindset to get into being oldguard vs newbies

I just mean that they should be open to trades as well as buys. I totally understand being protective of your first clack, but it sucks seeing one-time colors go to folks who are new around here then simply disappear once they get their clacks. So many colors have gone off the grid this way only to pop up on extremely rare occasions, or not at all.

That and I don't have a Topre board to put this bad boy on, and I hate to see him forever baggied and banished to some dark drawer.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #5484 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:49:04 »
dont worry guys Christmas is around the corner. I am saving my $$$ to take advantage of people selling clacks around the holidays, bah humbug
sell out and eat ass

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #5485 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:53:37 »
dont worry guys Christmas is around the corner. I am saving my $$$ to take advantage of people selling clacks around the holidays, bah humbug

Let me know when I can buy your veteran....huehuhue

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5486 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:56:01 »
That and I don't have a Topre board to put this bad boy on, and I hate to see him forever baggied and banished to some dark drawer.

Then quit putting your name in the hat for Topre caps. Let them go to people who have Topre boards.

Lord forbid people keep what they want. Hey, trade your ****ing Spumoni, crybaby.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5487 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:03:44 »
I just mean that they should be open to trades as well as buys. I totally understand being protective of your first clack, but it sucks seeing one-time colors go to folks who are new around here then simply disappear once they get their clacks. So many colors have gone off the grid this way only to pop up on extremely rare occasions, or not at all.

I know what you mean. But it's hard for someone with nothing but generic novelties to get into the artisan cap game. I've had mixed experiences, what with being gifted a V1 brobot which was amazing, then buying a V2. I know I'm fairly new around here but I wouldn't want to trade away either of mine. People just want to grow their collections, and it has come down to people trading their artisans because they don't want their own collections to shrink, and because the caps get released very sparingly, it means it's hard for people to start or grow collections.

I know that's the whole point, but the fact that people aren't even open to the prospect of selling means it's harder to open the circle of artisans up to more people.

I understand the concern of people disappearing with these highly prized caps, but if we don't take the chance on new people, then we risk getting lumped with a small community that never grows.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5488 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:05:19 »

Then quit putting your name in the hat for Topre caps. Let them go to people who have Topre boards.

Actually I got a PM from CC after someone else dropped out of the sale because I was the next email on his list, so maybe know a situation before giving your two cents.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5489 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:07:13 »

Actually I got a PM from CC after someone else dropped out of the sale because I was the next email on his list, so maybe know a situation before giving your two cents.

Which means you had your name listed on a ****ing Topre cap. Don't act stupid, ****er. If your list didn't include it, he would've moved on to the next person in line and it wouldn't have been you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5490 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:10:04 »

Which means you had your name listed on a ****ing Topre cap. Don't act stupid, ****er. If your list didn't include it, he would've moved on to the next person in line and it wouldn't have been you.

I'm glad he did, because the point of me entering that sale was to help another member get their first CC as this was a US only sale. I don't usually announce my good deeds, but since you are calling me out...
Please be more upset about something completely mundane and noneffectual to your person.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5491 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:11:35 »
i have a topre, let me have it noisy. i'll pay you what you paid. no need for it to be in a bag unused.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5492 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:12:13 »
That's funny coming from the guy who constantly whines about something as ignorant as nobody trading him for what he wants, disregarding what anyone else wants.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5493 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:14:06 »
And if the cap was to belong to another member, then why do you still have it, trying to trade for what you want.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5494 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:19:37 »
That's funny coming from the guy who constantly whines about something as ignorant as nobody trading him for what he wants, disregarding what anyone else wants.

Are you always this confrontational?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5495 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:20:33 »

Are you always this confrontational?

it's because he's mexican. he has that latino zest to him.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5496 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:21:11 »
And if the cap was to belong to another member, then why do you still have it, trying to trade for what you want.

It was a favor/gift from that member, they got the cap they wanted. Would you rather I passed on the second cap (because it's so easy to make it into a 4grabs,) paid for something I wasn't going to keep, and sent the other to the other side of the planet out of the kindness of my heart? I'm a nice guy, but I'm also no sucker.

And why are you so concerned about my business? Relax man, no one is arguing against you.  :D

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5497 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:25:59 »

It was a favor/gift from that member, they got the cap they wanted. Would you rather I passed on the second cap (because it's so easy to make it into a 4grabs,) paid for something I wasn't going to keep, and sent the other to the other side of the planet out of the kindness of my heart? I'm a nice guy, but I'm also no sucker.

And why are you so concerned about my business? Relax man, no one is arguing against you.  :D

So you were trying to game the system by essentially entering a second time for another member? I'm pretty sure that warrants a ban from CC sales. But hey, at least you made it in one time out of 15 or some ****, right?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5498 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:29:58 »

So you were trying to game the system by essentially entering a second time for another member? I'm pretty sure that warrants a ban from CC sales. But hey, at least you made it in one time out of 15 or some ****, right?

No, it was only one entry/email. And yeah, this would technically be the first 4grabs I ever got into so that's gotta count for something. 1/14 baby, WOO!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5499 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 19:44:53 »
So because someone wins a click clacks they are somehow required to stick around? For what reason? So they can post a picture of it and have their inbox flooded with people who want to trade for or buy it?

I cannot figure out why in the world everyone thinks that only high post count or established members are the only ones who deserve to win a click clack. Let alone the whole thing about posting pictures of it. Sure, it is one thing if NOBODY has posted a picture of whatever color/design it is, but if at least someone has posted a picture of it, why do you need the other people posting pictures of their? Once again, so you can try to get it from them? If they wanted to get rid of it they would start a classifieds thread to sell or trade it.

If they aren't getting rid of it why does it matter what they do?

Perhaps I am not crazy about the whole buying/selling and trading artisan keycaps thing but I don't understand everyone with these attitudes.