Author Topic: One man's trash is another man's treasure  (Read 51751 times)

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

One man's trash is another man's treasure
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 14 November 2010, 17:16:04 »
HOLY TAMALE!
MUST... SAVE ....KEYBOARDS.. FROM DESTRUCTION!

PM sent.
I await your response with great anticipation.
Notable Switches I have tried:
black cherry, blue cherry, brown cherry, clear cherry, cherry M84, white alps, black alps, cream alps, Monterey blue alps, Fujitsu Peerless, Gateway2000 rubber dome, Keytronic rubber dome, Model M buckling spring, Model F buckling spring, futaba, black space invader

================================================
HAPPY HUNTING

Offline KillerBee

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 14 November 2010, 17:28:39 »
Quote from: kishy;246720
If anyone gets one of the 122-keys from Daniel which has the right-angle plug, and intends to throw away that original cord, I'd appreciate having it instead...

(properly detached from the inside, not cut, and with no connector or cord damage ideally)

Oh.... I threw 2 of these away (granted if the ones from the 102 terminal would have suited you)
IBM Model M 1386304 Nov. 1985

Offline KillerBee

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 14 November 2010, 20:06:14 »
They where the 5 pin wide spread DIN so I think they would have not worked
IBM Model M 1386304 Nov. 1985

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 14 November 2010, 20:17:27 »
Arrrggg... I've got to travel for work tomorrow, so I won't be able to do anything about this tonight or tomorrow. Those who have paid: I will have to ship on Tuesday, sorry about that.

I have transported everything to my apartment, and I put in an order to Uline for boxes. I will be setting up a separate thread to manage orders, and I should have individual pictures of every single keyboard there. Everything will be $5, of course.

Those who have PMed me: you are not being ignored, just trying to get everything organized on my end. This is an awful large quantity of stuff to move.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 14 November 2010, 21:21:27 »
I'll probably have quite a few leftover boards, due to the lack of keys. I can send you any cables I have leftover for the 122 key boards. The 101's, on the other hand, I have a shortage of cables for. Many of the cords of the late-model boards are frayed. Which says something about the build quality of those boards (none of the old-model boards have frayed cables). They may actually be good candidates for USB mods, since the pins on the controller are probably intact on all of them.

I should say that I can't test any of the 122 key Model M's, but I'm rather sure they all work fine. I have yet to find a single Model M in this stash which are electrically faulty; the only non-functional boards are the ones with mechanical problems (missing springs, crushed cases and the like). If I have learned anything from these, it is that Model M's are ****ing tough as hell.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 November 2010, 21:41:54 by Daniel Beaver »

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 15 November 2010, 00:00:51 »
This might be a futile question, but those TO-300 boards with the Cherry blacks and the "phone connector", can they be converted to DIN or something? I've been wanting to try the Blacks, and wouldn't mind doing a bit of modding if the cost of entry was $5 and some Windex. :)

[Edit]OK, some Googleing suggest that those are non-standard interfaces. Guess that doesn't work...
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 November 2010, 19:53:00 by Mr. Perfect »
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 10:50:55 »
Big update

I got caught at an off-site job for three days longer than I anticipated, and I only have a couple of days to clean out my apartment before I leave. As such, packaging and shipping these keyboards has become a logistical impossiblility. The promised $5 per keyboard is not happening.

Fortunately, I did find a home for them on a friend's farm. They'll have to sit in his shed for a few months (years?) before I can get back to them.

Those of you who have paid me already: I am sending out paypal refunds right now. Let me know if I missed you.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 12:05:13 »
Good luck on your move
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline 8_INCH_FLOPPY

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 13:11:16 »
Damn, I knew it was too good to be true.

At least they won't be trashed.
Notable Switches I have tried:
black cherry, blue cherry, brown cherry, clear cherry, cherry M84, white alps, black alps, cream alps, Monterey blue alps, Fujitsu Peerless, Gateway2000 rubber dome, Keytronic rubber dome, Model M buckling spring, Model F buckling spring, futaba, black space invader

HAPPY HUNTING

Offline Azuremen

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 21:29:42 »
Oh how unfortunate. I was hoping to order a few keycaps from you at some point after you'd sorted everything out, since I'd just picked up a Model M for cheap from Goodwill that is missing a few.

Good luck with the move though, those can be such a hassle.
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Mionix Naos 5000 ~ Logitech Mx518
Flickr

Offline WhiteRice

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 22:02:28 »
Would you say that these keyboards will be studied by top men?

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 17 November 2010, 23:45:19 »
You could say that.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 18 November 2010, 22:59:14 »
/END epic score thread.
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline msiegel

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 18 November 2010, 23:16:20 »
*slowly exits theater*

(this was an "epic score" ;)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline Fwiffo

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 18 November 2010, 23:26:14 »
*Stays to watch the credits*
(my cousin was a best boy grip)
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline nowsharing

• Swoop
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 21 November 2010, 21:42:34 »
I'm told that the bolt-modded M that I ordered from you arrived yesterday in great shape. Thanks!! I'll be home in mid-Dec and might bring it back to Brazil with me.

Did you get my PM asking if you had any PCBs that I could buy?

Offline Lanx

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 23 November 2010, 01:09:24 »
i haven't gotten a refund yet, or is my order actually going through?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: One man's trash is another man's treasure
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 18:35:34 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:03:20 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 03:55:30 »
link dead

Link should not be brought back from the dead, like this thread :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 23:56:27 »
I just got a Mitumi E99-ZC 12 buckling rubber cup keyboard (rubber dome with slider).  I had to re-attach the stabilizer bars on the space bar, which also had a spring (only switch that had a spring). It saw little to no use because of the space bar issue. Near mint condition.