Author Topic: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (DONE!)  (Read 881315 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (DONE!)
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 13:49:59 »
Did you try the tracking number with your local post?

No, as far as I know they can't process the US tracking code because every shipment gets a new one when it arrives at the Customs Office.

But you are right, asking is free so maybe they can help me. I still hope my package just took a little detour and will show up this week :)

Every international shipment has a "Customs number," which stays the same from origination to delivery. Your number (should be in the form of AA123456789US) should be traceable through Deutsche Post.

Thanks for the tip!

I will check this tomorrow :)

Offline heeliqin

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 06:07:43 »
Very nice

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #502 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 09:25:14 »
Looking good heeliqin!!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #503 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 16:12:56 »
Did you try the tracking number with your local post?

No, as far as I know they can't process the US tracking code because every shipment gets a new one when it arrives at the Customs Office.

But you are right, asking is free so maybe they can help me. I still hope my package just took a little detour and will show up this week :)

Every international shipment has a "Customs number," which stays the same from origination to delivery. Your number (should be in the form of AA123456789US) should be traceable through Deutsche Post.

Thanks for the tip!

I will check this tomorrow :)

Well, I went to the post office today, but they only told me that the package is still with USPS, because the last status is this:

"February 14, 2014    14:01:00    60688    INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY"

I assume it simply wasn't updated and left the sorting facility one day later or so, but you never know...

i3oiler, maybe you can check again with USPS? I can PM you the tracking number if you need it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 March 2014, 16:51:46 by LechnerDE »

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 16:29:11 »
On hold with them now....I have a hunch they will shrug and say it was sent overseas.

If that's the case I will send a replacement out on Monday.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 17:29:15 »
Welp - 1 hour of holding and they tell me they shipped it to Brazil.

I'll get a replacement out to you Monday - hopefully the original makes it back to me.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #506 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 17:31:09 »

I'm sorry but WHY??!?!  :eek:

Who in the Postal Services see's "Germany" and goes;
"Oh yeah, course, that's in Brazil"
...  :blank:
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 17:34:10 »
Newman!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #508 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 18:37:11 »
Very nice

Sets like this do look good on a white keyboard :)

I'm tempted to put them on my white KeyCool, but (a) the KeyCool currently has pseudo-CCnB on it, and my Nathan's Set is on my red backlit Ducky Shine.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #509 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 20:09:46 »

I'll get a replacement out to you Monday - hopefully the original makes it back to me.

Unbelievable! First they send GeorgeK's set to Indonesia and then mine ends up in Brazil? What are these guys doing?

I am really surprised they actually know where it is. I figured they just lost it :D

Sent you a PM i3oiler!

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #510 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 16:33:42 »
Amazing! Brazil! How did they manage that? I feel for you chap...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 04:31:10 »
I have a set of these on their way to me! Yippee!  :cool:

A couple of questions about them, though.

1. Why does SP make such thin caps? :( They look great, but they feel cheap.

2. Why do the orange keys have white legends instead of translucent or milky Polycarbonate?

I get that the clear orange looked naff as the main colour, but that's kind of obvious. The main part of the key should be a solid colour and the legends should be clear or semi-clear, as they are for the white keys with orange legends. Keeps the board consistent and looks better with backlighting.

I still love the set, though.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #512 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 09:33:37 »
I have a set of these on their way to me! Yippee!  :cool:

A couple of questions about them, though.

1. Why does SP make such thin caps? :( They look great, but they feel cheap.

2. Why do the orange keys have white legends instead of translucent or milky Polycarbonate?

I get that the clear orange looked naff as the main colour, but that's kind of obvious. The main part of the key should be a solid colour and the legends should be clear or semi-clear, as they are for the white keys with orange legends. Keeps the board consistent and looks better with backlighting.

I still love the set, though.

You got them already?!? Wow, that was fast.

To answer your questions....

1. The DCS profile that SP makes are indeed thin when compared to GMK/Cherry. SP has thicker molds, but they are in a different profile called SA. The only company I'm aware of at the moment that makes thicker caps in a similar profile is GMK, but their minimum order quantities are very, very high.

2. I'm not sure about the color choice. Originally, the modifiers were going to be translucent orange with white, but there were inconsistencies that made the modifiers not look so hot. This required a last minute change to make the modifiers solid.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 09:53:11 »
They're still on their way to me (I picture them winging their way across the great ocean in the hold of a DC3, on a vital and dangerous mission to get Oobly's caps to him, tropical islands passing beneath.... Wait... are there tropical islands near Finland? - ooops).

I have some SP doubleshot novelty caps and realised these'll probably be similar from looking at pics of the undersides.

Thanks for the info (and for the caps!). I agree, the clear orange doesn't look good with the white inside. That's one case where I think pad printed would actually be better :)

I'll post a pic when they arrive :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #514 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 03:41:11 »
They arrived this morning! Thanks mashby! All caps present and accounted for:

62347-0

I'll get a better picture later in the day. I put a diamond cap on the tilde key.

They feel a lot better than I expected. The DCS profile actually suits me well and the keys feel really solid.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #515 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 08:53:58 »

(Attachment Link)

I'll get a better picture later in the day. I put a diamond cap on the tilde key.

They feel a lot better than I expected. The DCS profile actually suits me well and the keys feel really solid.

Is that a kbt pure?

shouldn't the mods on the right from right to left be fn, alt, windows, ctrl?

Just something i noticed.

Other than that, very nice set indeed! Sad that I missed out :(

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:03:27 »

(Attachment Link)

Is that a kbt pure?

shouldn't the mods on the right from right to left be fn, alt, windows, ctrl?

Just something i noticed.

Other than that, very nice set indeed! Sad that I missed out :(

You are absolutely correct! I have since swapped the Win and Alt caps. I mapped the left WinKey to Fn, so now both Win keys are function keys and the Menu key is my Win key.

I was following the silkscreen on the PCB when putting the caps on and the right ones say Fn, Win, App, Ctrl instead of Fn, Alt, Win, Ctrl as they should.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 02:50:04 »
Took a couple of new pics:

65660-0

65662-1

I have to admit that I don't like how the backlighting looks. On the Pure, the LED's are at the front of the switches and these just don't work well with that arrangement. Also, why on earth do SP use that weird crosshatch pattern on BACKLIT doubleshots....?

Backlighting off they look amazing, though. My favourite set.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #518 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 19:17:54 »
The crosshatch pattern is just how SP does doubleshots, there's no getting around it.

I quite like the way it looks.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline EMEUTIER

« Reply #519 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 12:29:00 »
I only just got into mechanical keyboards (logitech g710) and would love to get my hands on the base set of this Cherry Replica set you got here.

PLEASE tell me i have not missed the cut off?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 12:40:42 »
I only just got into mechanical keyboards (logitech g710) and would love to get my hands on the base set of this Cherry Replica set you got here.

Well, you missed the Group Buy which means you won't get it for the price you see in the OP.

But you can order a set here:

http://techkeys.us/collections/keycap-sets/products/cherry-replica-set

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 02:09:59 »

If you order from Techkeys you'll need the Base set and Numpad set to fill up the main sections of a G710+. You could also order 3 sets of GeekHack keys to fill up the right side macro keys  ;)

It is a great-looking set.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline EMEUTIER

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 23:35:53 »
I hope this is not considered a necro sin, but i just wanted to say thanks for pointing me towards techkeys but now that I can afford a set they seem to be no longer available  :(

I really do like the look of the crosshatched orange translucent legends on white keycaps, could any of you kindly help me out with some info?
I was wondering where you guys order these custom sets from and if it is even worth me considering making a complete set of keys like the white ones with orange backlit like in this cherry replica set?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #523 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 01:09:46 »
I hope this is not considered a necro sin, but i just wanted to say thanks for pointing me towards techkeys but now that I can afford a set they seem to be no longer available  :(

I really do like the look of the crosshatched orange translucent legends on white keycaps, could any of you kindly help me out with some info?
I was wondering where you guys order these custom sets from and if it is even worth me considering making a complete set of keys like the white ones with orange backlit like in this cherry replica set?

We get them made in batches from Signature Plastics (Melissa is our go-to contact person). The economy of scale comes into play so the more we order of a set the cheaper the individual cost. A single set would be very expensive, although with sets they've already made they may be willing to run a few more sets at a reasonable price. Single sets would probably still cost too much, though, since they would have to set up the tooling for the run and that cost would not be spread over multiple sets.

I suggest posting a WTB post here and a thread in the Classifieds section if you're unable to find a set for sale.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 23:54:33 »
I do have some sets that are all orange on white (instead of the white on orange mods, they are orange on white mods)

If interested PM me.