Author Topic: Sculpting? (non-keyboard related)  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
Sculpting? (non-keyboard related)
« on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 01:05:50 »
Hey, just wanted to get your guys' opinions and help.

Is anyone sculptors out there?

Cuz I have tried water based clay before for a class, hated it AND the class lolol and ended up dropping the class after a month. 

But after sculpting so much with Kneadatite for my WIP artisans, I ended up being inspired by a few off-topic things and want to get into giving it another shot.

Really want to be able to sculpt free standing creature concepts from the digital concept art that my friends did for their illustration work and also character ideas for my own WIP comic book.

Would oil based clay like Monster Clay on Amazon suffice? or would other things be better?

I really dont wanna try water based clay again though, i dont think it was for me. Too crumbly/dry and didnt hold details very well while also being a pain in a butt to work with (for me). I figure oil based clay is softer and easier?

Thought about using stuff like super sculpey, but after hating it for keycaps, I dont think I can see myself happily working with it for bigger projects than keycaps.

Also, are there any oil based clay that never dries and another kind that air dries?
Reddit: /u/Komatoz