Author Topic: IBM Model M SSK  (Read 39085 times)

Offline 2-bit Joe

IBM Model M SSK
« on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 17:22:15 »
A fairly grimy IBM Model M SSK up for auction at shopgoodwill.  https://shopgoodwill.com/item/137099440

Offline DubbTom

Re: IBM Model M SSK
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 17:44:37 »
Grimy indeed. It's also missing the original F12 key. Don't think I'd pay much more than the current bid given its condition but a good find nonetheless  :thumb:
poker II

Offline 2-bit Joe

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 07:13:37 »
The one I linked to sold for $341.  A similar SSK, that I didn't link to, sold around the same time for $275.

These vintage SSKs are nice, but I'd just as soon get a new Unicomp Mini M for $121.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 17:06:38 »
Releases of modern "updated" versions of classic keyboards usually don't drive prices for originals down, as might have been expected.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"