Author Topic: [IC] PomPomBoard - Ultra-low latency (~0.3ms), 8000Hz, magnetic switch pad  (Read 4111 times)

Offline RikkaW

PomPomBoard
Ultra-low latency (~0.3ms), 8000Hz, magnetic switch pad for osu! gamers

IC Form

Hello everyone, we are RAKKA, a team that is committed to creating interesting keyboard products. I want to introduce our new product to you, PomPomBoard, an ultra-low latency (~0.3ms), 8000Hz, magnetic switch pad.

Keyboards using magnetic switches may be unfamiliar to some, it uses hall sensors to detect the movement of the switch. Thus, the user can set the travel to any values they want. Furthermore, it is also possible for the user to adjust the travel while the user pressing the key. For example, we can archive this: If the user starts to press the key, trigger the key immediately instead of having to press a fixed length like a normal keyboard; stop triggering the key immediately when the user releases the key.

We have also succeeded in achieving extreme performance. PomPomBoard features ultra-low latency, stably detects key changes in a flash, in conjunction with the 8000Hz polling rate, less than 0.3 milliseconds latency is achieved.

The latency is tested with our hardware https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120238.

0. Contents

• Features
  • Photos and videos
  • Specs
  • What is included
  • Pricing
  • FAQ

1. Features

• 2 * 4 analog (magnetic) keys
  • Adjustable travel: 0.1mm-3.6mm (0.05mm interval)
  • Rappid Trigger support
  • Up to 8000Hz USB polling rate
  • Average latency 0.3ms
  • Remap and firmware upgrade from webpage, you can even try it for now using the demo device https://keyboard-configurator.rikka.dev/

2. Photos and videos
300821-0
300823-1
300825-2
300827-3

Latency test result:
300833-4

Ramap and Rapid Trigger:
300829-5
300831-6

3. Specs
  • CNC Anodized aluminum alloy (the silver part) combine with PA11 (the black part)
  • High performance RISC-V MCU
  • High performance linear hall effect sensors
  • Up to 8000Hz USB polling rate
  • 1.71 inch OLED screen
  • USB-C connector
  • Remap software runs in web, compatible with Chrome/Edge/Opera on Windows, Linux, macOS and Android

4. What is included
  • PCB *1
  • CNC Anodized aluminum alloy bottom case *1
  • GATERON KS-20 Magnetic White Switches *8
  • Cherry profile keycaps *8 (optional)
  • Poron Foam *1
  • Poron Case Foam *1
  • Poron Plate Foam *1
  • Footpad *2

5. Pricing

The price is not sure. If enough people are interested, I will try to contact vendors.

6. FAQ

Q:Can I use mechanical switches?
A: No.

Q:Can I use other magnetic switches?
A:All magnetic switches from GATERON are supported.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2023, 06:22:01 by RikkaW »

Offline coachwaka

Hi there , im interested on this , but hopefully the price is somewhere within the price of the current soya

Offline RikkaW

You mean Sayo O3C? It’s latency is around 3 to 4 ms and don’t have a easy to use remap and config GUI like me. It’s case and PCB are designed with the first goal of saving money. My cost is higher than his selling price :(