geekhack Community > geekhack Media

What did you get in the mail today?

<< < (10637/10642) > >>

Aquarius:
nike kobe 8 will post on August 24th! i wanna get it!

Darthbaggins:
feel it was a good mail day, now awaiting the Corne from GothCaps.

Darthbaggins:
This finally arrived - Analog Dreams r2 Corne (GothCaps):

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: phinix on Sat, 13 May 2023, 18:25:31 ---
--- Quote from: KebinPls on Sat, 08 April 2023, 18:15:57 ---
--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Tue, 29 November 2022, 13:55:10 ---Analogue Pocket came in the mail :eek:

OpenFPGA core
Show Image

Cartridge (with that amazing DMG display filter)
Show Image

--- End quote ---

Enjoy homie! Love mine, sees use all the time and will definitely see a LOT of use on these upcoming flights with our daughter

--- End quote ---

I always wanted to have a gameboy - can you still buy them nowadays? Probably a color version?
Do they keep releasing games for it?

--- End quote ---

You can buy Game Boys second hand, or the Pocket is the modern alternative if you want to use cartridges still on a new machine. There are new games coming out for the GB platform, yeah! Quite a few, actually. Between re-releases of classics from companies like Limited Run and some modern shops like Bitmap Soft and Incube8 (and some others I can't remember right now), there's a lot. Well, maybe not a lot, but more than you probably thought. :D

--- Quote from: Starius on Thu, 01 June 2023, 19:06:59 ---I got a MiniMig board! 
A modern approach to the classic Amiga experience.  ;D

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Niiiiice!! Very cool. I forget where we talked about it, but phinix and I were talking about the Amiga a while back. I haven't used the actual hardware before but the MiniMig core on the MiSTer is super fun.

Did you grow up with it, or exploring an old system for fun?

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Fri, 25 August 2023, 17:51:12 ---You can buy Game Boys second hand, or the Pocket is the modern alternative if you want to use cartridges still on a new machine. There are new games coming out for the GB platform, yeah! Quite a few, actually. Between re-releases of classics from companies like Limited Run and some modern shops like Bitmap Soft and Incube8 (and some others I can't remember right now), there's a lot. Well, maybe not a lot, but more than you probably thought. :D

--- End quote ---
You can also as get a gba as well if you want to play gba games as well, cause the system is backwards compatible with gb games. And the screen is backlit so you can actually see the games in the dark lol.

Still have my small collection of retro games back when I used to be obsessed with them as a kid (don't really collect them much because of price and not wanting a lot of stuff lying around, still have some cool stuff like a complete in box copy of pokemon heartgold with the pokewalker which is cool) including my gba sp. Not the 101 version with the better backlight but still awesome to me.

probably will always keep this and pokemon emerald.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version