Author Topic: Tactile Zine  (Read 741001 times)

Offline R1N3

Re: Tactile Fanzine
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:31:02 »
mfw a ****ing 3.5 floppy shows up in my mailbox...

i was gonna post pics of the hand written love letter but i'd like at least some parts of this interracial bromance to remain secret

luv u 5eva, A <3333

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #451 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:39:18 »

Coming soon...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #452 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:40:39 »

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #453 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:41:43 »
I really need to ask the family for some Dongs. I just want to hold some in my hands.

The first of the floppy disks should be delivered today. I hope the recipients post pictures/videos/screenshots or whatever of their little gifts :)).

NICE! Seems like there could be a disc in here. Maybe he sent me some metal!

Hmm. Interesting.

Unfortunately this is some really old IBM external drive that I have no way to use to access this floppy. I'll have to call my brother to get the other system over.

Ok the old HP Pavilion with Win95. Hopefully this will work, actually hopefully he still has it now that I'm posting about it.

Thank You, CPT! This is totally cool! I haven't used a 3.5 in For-Ev-Ver. Foor-Eevv-Verr... You know the scene. Looking forward to accessing this thing.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #454 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:52:57 »
LOL, that IBM drive and that tower are gold. I hope you get either or both working! Really looking forward to what your thoughts are on what's on the drive, even if it's "Huh, cool" :D. Thanks for posting, made me smile :).

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #455 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:56:28 »
So I've got this fun thing where my banks app let's me scan checks and it gets loaded into my bank account pretty fast. That app is fun but I don't get many checks...bring on the checks haha.

I also used that app for the first time last week. Its fun!  :))
I get checks from clients on at least a monthly basis. I've done photo deposit a few times but i prefer going inside the bank and doing it in person. I will start using photo deposit more when it has a basket of suckers like the ladies inside the bank have.

Also, has anyone else set up a paypal.me address? I think it's a new thing but it looks cool and easy to use. I set one up for myself this morning after donating to Tactile.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:10:27 »
****ty "making of" picture from when those floppies were loaded with the files.  :cool:

Had to dig out the old compy from 2004 or so. 

XP FTW

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:38:09 »

So I've got this fun thing where my banks app let's me scan checks and it gets loaded into my bank account pretty fast. That app is fun but I don't get many checks...bring on the checks haha.

I also used that app for the first time last week. Its fun!  :))
I get checks from clients on at least a monthly basis. I've done photo deposit a few times but i prefer going inside the bank and doing it in person. I will start using photo deposit more when it has a basket of suckers like the ladies inside the bank have.

Also, has anyone else set up a paypal.me address? I think it's a new thing but it looks cool and easy to use. I set one up for myself this morning after donating to Tactile.

It took me a few seconds to understand about the "basket full of suckers" lol. I thought you were saying you scammed the bank every time you went in or something hahahaha.

Yes, I need to get out more.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:14:21 »
Damn....njbair makes a great point. My bank has tons of Dum Dums and I really like the blue raspberry ones. No app gives me candy :(.

mfw a ****ing 3.5 floppy shows up in my mailbox...

Show Image

i was gonna post pics of the hand written love letter but i'd like at least some parts of this interracial bromance to remain secret

luv u 5eva, A <3333

I would've wanted to see pictures of your reaction face :(  <3

Coming soon, something topical
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:16:43 by CPTBadAss »

Offline neverused

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:16:15 »
Damn....njbair makes a great point. My bank has tons of Dum Dums and I really like the blue raspberry ones. No app gives me candy :(.

Show Image

Coming soon, something topical

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #460 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:21:32 »
My bank has tons of Dum Dums

And they always seem to have +1 when you show up.  >:D

(sorry I had to)  :-[

I actually don't think my new bank has any Dum Dums though...makes me sad.  :(

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #461 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:30:39 »

My bank has tons of Dum Dums

And they always seem to have +1 when you show up.  >:D

(sorry I had to)  :-[

Lol
I'm back.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 10:57:30 »
what's funny is that when i was waiting for my girlfriend to pick up her prescription at walgreens yesterday, i was looking through the magazines and had a humongous hole in my heart when i realized that the mechanical keyboard community is too niche to have a professionally-printed, widely-distributed magazine. and then i find this thread. this godsend of a thread.
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #463 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:58:15 »
what's funny is that when i was waiting for my girlfriend to pick up her prescription at walgreens yesterday, i was looking through the magazines and had a humongous hole in my heart when i realized that the mechanical keyboard community is too niche to have a professionally-printed, widely-distributed magazine. and then i find this thread. this godsend of a thread.

Rofl, I'm glad you think that way but this is far from the case. It's neither professionally printed nor widely distribued. There's like 20K users on GH and I send zines to 80 people. And I print these myself on regular 8x11" paper.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:59:47 by CPTBadAss »

Offline neverused

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:23:14 »

Rofl, I'm glad you think that way but this is far from the case. It's neither professionally printed nor widely distribued. There's like 20K users on GH and I send zines to 80 people. And I print these myself on regular 8x11" paper.
He's being modest, these zines are the ****.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #465 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 13:40:55 »

Truth
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #466 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:42:51 »

Truth

Yeah, this is the only (maga)zine I read every issue of.  :cool:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #467 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 16:10:03 »

Truth

And no ads!  How great is that?!
I'm back.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 16:22:54 »

Truth

And no ads!  How great is that?!

I dunno, the whole first issue was one big ad for that stupid subforum where people make ****.  :cool:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:52:42 »
I hear issue #4 is going to have a hot personals section in the back.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #470 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 08:06:11 »
Hang on. Is that why cptn asked for a picture? Hmmm...

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #471 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 09:00:09 »
HOT PLATE BUILDERS IN YOUR AREA

My boards:
More

Offline neverused

« Reply #472 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 10:00:01 »
I think that was for a different use of the word personal.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #473 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 11:50:14 »
Yikes!  He asked me for sexay pics last week. Is this what that was about?
I'm back.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #474 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:03:30 »

You'll see more of this typewriter in the zine too. The typeface is fire. No backspace life is hard but hopefully yall get the point.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #475 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:05:31 »
Show Image

Show Image

You'll see more of this typewriter in the zine too. The typeface is fire. No backspace life is hard but hopefully yall get the point.

That's ama    zing !   :))
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #476 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:07:02 »
This layout is brutal. Backspace is where escape should be and there's no 1. I was trying to touch type and it didn't work out :(.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #477 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:08:09 »
ama-zine!!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #478 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:09:30 »
This layout is brutal. Backspace is where escape should be and there's no 1. I was trying to touch type and it didn't work out :(.
So, who knows how to type a numeral 1 on an old school typewriter? ;)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #479 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:16:13 »

Type 3 then takeaway 2?
I'm back.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #480 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:18:55 »
Got my nice lime green disk. Was a 1.44, so not too tough to read. Luckily I have a nice little USB 3.5 floppy drive that read it nicely. Oh the sweet sounds of a floppy drive reading a disk. The soothing click as the head moves in a track. I inspect the file list and more sweet music..a Model F sound track to work by and a Blue Alps to well....
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:23:42 by engicoder »

Offline engicoder

« Reply #481 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:21:02 »

There is no one, just el.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #482 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:21:17 »

You hit that lower case "l". And ! is made with apostrophe and period.

Got my nice lime green disk. Was a 1.44, so not to tough to read. Luckily I have a nice little USB 3.5 floppy drive that read it nicely. Oh the sweet sounds of a floppy drive ready a disk. The soothing click as the head moves in a track. I inspect the file list and more sweet music..a Model F sound track to work by and a Blue Alps to well....

engicoder making us all look like fools. He kept his floppy drives :(.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #483 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:28:41 »
Got my nice lime green disk. Was a 1.44, so not to tough to read. Luckily I have a nice little USB 3.5 floppy drive that read it nicely. Oh the sweet sounds of a floppy drive ready a disk. The soothing click as the head moves in a track. I inspect the file list and more sweet music..a Model F sound track to work by and a Blue Alps to well....

engicoder making us all look like fools. He kept his floppy drives :(.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #484 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 16:01:11 »
Awesome stuff on that 1.44. My brother came by and hooked it up with an external USB drive. Really neat seeing "Floppy Disk Drive (A:\)" in the lineup again. I'm now considering looking into making a return to one in the tower, haha.

The sounds were nice. Never heard either of those and I am liking it.

For the ASCII art I use iNFekt nfo viewer and sometimes I make nfo files with FNW NFO Builder. Fun stuff.

It was a pleasure getting into a floppy drive again. I feel like I may try to contribute something for a future issue.

Thanks, CPT!
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #485 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 17:22:03 »
Damn, there was ASCII art? I need to get one of those floppies! I bet there are some killer warez on that disk, too.

in memoriam

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #486 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 17:47:17 »

Tell me you tried this at least once when you got the typewriter.

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #487 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 17:53:25 »
Show Image

Never even thought about it. I was actually going to do something a little more topical and pop culture related lol. I should make a gif like that though.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #488 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 18:44:07 »
Show Image

I've stayed in the hotel that inspired that movie.  The Stanley Hotel, in Estes Park, CO.
I'm back.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #489 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 18:48:27 »
I really need to ask the family for some Dongs. I just want to hold some in my hands.

The first of the floppy disks should be delivered today. I hope the recipients post pictures/videos/screenshots or whatever of their little gifts :)).

NICE! Seems like there could be a disc in here. Maybe he sent me some metal!
Show Image

Hmm. Interesting.
Show Image

Unfortunately this is some really old IBM external drive that I have no way to use to access this floppy. I'll have to call my brother to get the other system over.
Show Image

Ok the old HP Pavilion with Win95. Hopefully this will work, actually hopefully he still has it now that I'm posting about it.
Show Image

Thank You, CPT! This is totally cool! I haven't used a 3.5 in For-Ev-Ver. Foor-Eevv-Verr... You know the scene. Looking forward to accessing this thing.

I need to track down a floppy drive  :-X

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #490 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:09:47 »
I got the disk, now I need the drive.. my wife has one at her job, not sure if that pc is connected to a printer tho, so that might not work

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #491 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:09:45 »
So I was sick all yesterday and barely slept. Had to get up to let the ISP repair guy in after like 5 hours of sleep. Managed to pick up a typewriter and made stickers....then kinda just shutdown lol. I'm exhausted and I didn't get a change to print anymore zines. Only reason why I got stickers made is because it's super hard to get access to the vinyl printer I use to make stickers. I need to make reservations and it takes a while to get one. So I just took the chance when I got it.

I know I said I'd get the rest out last week but that got delayed. This week though :).

In good news, here's some new stickers :). If you're a donator, you'll be getting the bottom ones along with a typewritten or handwritten note.

As usual, guess where the stickers are inspired by hehe.

Show Image

I've stayed in the hotel that inspired that movie.  The Stanley Hotel, in Estes Park, CO.

That awkward moment when I had no idea it was a movie reference because I don't movies.

I got the disk, now I need the drive.. my wife has one at her job, not sure if that pc is connected to a printer tho, so that might not work
I need to track down a floppy drive  :-X

Bwahahaha, everyone go on an adventure.

Awesome stuff on that 1.44. My brother came by and hooked it up with an external USB drive. Really neat seeing "Floppy Disk Drive (A:\)" in the lineup again. I'm now considering looking into making a return to one in the tower, haha.

The sounds were nice. Never heard either of those and I am liking it.

For the ASCII art I use iNFekt nfo viewer and sometimes I make nfo files with FNW NFO Builder. Fun stuff.

It was a pleasure getting into a floppy drive again. I feel like I may try to contribute something for a future issue.

Thanks, CPT!

I didn't even know there was special ASCII art viewers haha. TIL. Glad the sound files were fun :). This is how I opened the floppies.

And yes, even though it's over USB, it makes the fun floppy reading noises.

Damn, there was ASCII art? I need to get one of those floppies! I bet there are some killer warez on that disk, too.

I didn't know about warez until *after* people received them lol and told me hahaha. And unfortunately, I literally made 10 and sent it to the first 9 donators. I'd make more but I can't find NIB floppies. I found a sealed box of em haha.

I'm going to lay down or play FTL now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #492 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 10:01:00 »
Its awesome to see everyone excited about the floppies.  :D  CPT, I have some floppies laying around but they might not all be fun colors. I can hook some of these peeps up if you want.

And you got a typewriter!  :cool:  Looking forward to all those notes.  :-*

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #493 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:42:44 »
Hoff I might take you up on that. I'll let you know. Thanks for offering!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #494 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 19:01:40 »
I'm excited to see the typewritten notes.

I think I sold my typewriter after a move.  My favorite thing I did with it was a "text based adventure" where I was the computer and people gave me commands and I responded with the typewriter.  A nice memory.  I even still have the pages.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 22:23:32 »
ama-zine!!

Just wanted to let you know that this made me lol

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #496 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 23:48:45 »

in memoriam

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #497 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 13:41:03 »
Your donations at work: Saw a zine where the type used these old embossed labels. It looked awesome so I went to go look for one. Picked up this old school chromed out label maker and fluorescent label tape. I'll probably use it seal envelopes or use the aesthetics in the zine itself....or something. I thought it was cool and the setup was cheap :D.

Man better know

It looks like a phaser from Star Trek @.@

A little dusty

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #498 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:02:27 »
Ha!  I used to have one of those!
I'm back.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #499 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 14:30:10 »
Your donations at work: Saw a zine where the type used these old embossed labels. It looked awesome so I went to go look for one. Picked up this old school chromed out label maker and fluorescent label tape. I'll probably use it seal envelopes or use the aesthetics in the zine itself....or something. I thought it was cool and the setup was cheap :D.

Show Image

Man better know

Show Image

It looks like a phaser from Star Trek @.@

Show Image

Show Image

A little dusty

Show Image

Show Image

Fluro tape. Hot damn!