Author Topic: Tactile Zine  (Read 740988 times)

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
Re: Tactile Fanzine
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 16:09:51 »
Hey CPTBadAss- I'm really interested in this project and would love to check it out. Will PM you.

I used to collect zines when I was younger, and I think this is a great project to compliment this kinda hobby.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:08:40 »
If you mail me sick germs, I'm gonna be pissed.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:33:25 »
Don't worry. If the germs are sick, they probably won't survive the trip. :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:53:32 »
Don't worry. If the germs are sick, they probably won't survive the trip. :D

I'll make sure to cough extra on yours BWAHAHA

Hey CPTBadAss- I'm really interested in this project and would love to check it out. Will PM you.

I used to collect zines when I was younger, and I think this is a great project to compliment this kinda hobby.

Cool, thanks for your interest and the donation :D

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #504 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:57:01 »
Your donations at work: Saw a zine where the type used these old embossed labels. It looked awesome so I went to go look for one. Picked up this old school chromed out label maker and fluorescent label tape. I'll probably use it seal envelopes or use the aesthetics in the zine itself....or something. I thought it was cool and the setup was cheap :D.

Show Image

Man better know

Show Image

It looks like a phaser from Star Trek @.@

Show Image

Show Image

A little dusty

Show Image

Show Image

Sweet, that thing reminds me of squeezing out labels for my Trapper Keeper. And is that a bad guy from Bonk's Adventure in the last pic?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:59:32 »
Sweet, that thing reminds me of squeezing out labels for my Trapper Keeper. And is that a bad guy from Bonk's Adventure in the last pic?

You're the second person to figure that out!! It sure is. He's the little enemies in the first level if I recall correctly. Bonk's Adventure at the Louisville Arcade Expo last year got me into the TurboGrafx :D.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:20:33 »
I love those old Dymo labelers. It has such a distinctive look that really captures an era. I have an old thermal printer from the early 80's that must have lost its badge at some point and someone replaced it with a Dymo label with some sort of asset number. Its almost better than the original badge.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:23:58 »
I love those old Dymo labelers. It has such a distinctive look that really captures an era. I have an old thermal printer from the early 80's that must have lost its badge at some point and someone replaced it with a Dymo label with some sort of asset number. Its almost better than the original badge.

I really love that look of the labels; just like you described haha. And the one on your printer is pretty great. I just remember playing with my mom's so it was fun rediscovering it.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:54:03 »
The package arrived in the old continent today.
Thanks for the hand written note Cpt.
Let's now find a floppy reader :o
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:42:30 »
WHOA everybody in this thread, STOP because i need to know how i can get a sticker
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 14:54:42 »
WHOA everybody in this thread, STOP because i need to know how i can get a sticker

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:47:59 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #511 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:43:19 »
Kishspiricy. 

TACTILE IS AN INDUSTRIAL MODEL F PROPAGANDA MACHINE

OPEN YOUR EYES

COVER OF VOL. 2? EAGLE CLAWS

BACK OF VOL. 2? SCANTILY CLAD

BACK OF VOL. 4? NOT EVEN HIDING IT

WAKE UP KEYPLE!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #512 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:45:06 »
RIP, BlueNalgene discovered the real purpose of the zine. I can close it down now. Mission accomplished  :thumb:

Which sticker? I've made a ton lol

Offline R1N3

« Reply #513 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:55:09 »
RIP, BlueNalgene discovered the real purpose of the zine. I can close it down now. Mission accomplished  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:08:15 »
Finished addressing the envelopes, just need to print more zines to stuff 'em in and throw 'em in the mailbox. I think I might be done with hand-addressing envelopes. It takes a *LONG* time. Going to explore other options like thermal printers.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:47:58 »

i love all of them!!  ;)
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 01:06:49 »
Stickers come randomly with the zines. I make em for funsies. I haven't gotten around to selling then yet. Mainly because I'm still bad at making vectored images so not all the stickers are the best quality.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 01:39:53 »
Stickers come randomly with the zines. I make em for funsies. I haven't gotten around to selling then yet. Mainly because I'm still bad at making vectored images so not all the stickers are the best quality.
if you sell them... i'm going to stickerbomb all the things!!!!  ;D

speak for yourself

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:30:28 »
If this hobby has taught me anything, its the joy of getting random things in the mail that I've already forgotten about. Add me to the mailing list! I'll PM you my address.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #519 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:15:10 »
Printed zines last night. Just need to fold and stuff em in envelopes now. Been a crazy couple weeks but we're getting there.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:17:25 »
Printed zines last night. Just need to fold and stuff em in envelopes now. Been a crazy couple weeks but we're getting there.

Yay! I'm excited! I must remember to donate.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #521 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:19:47 »
Making zines is fun. I helped some friends make a zine once for another friend of ours' 21st birthday. It was a single-issue zine all about Brian, entitled "Fully Loaded Semi." It was basically stories and anecdotes about Brian from all his friends, and a collection of his messed-up crayon drawings from the back of Denny's placemats. It was about the coolest gift I've ever been a part of. I wish I still had a copy.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #522 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:20:23 »
Let's make a 1 sheet zine with pictures from our keycap swimming party njbair.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #523 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:27:47 »
Let's make a 1 sheet zine with pictures from our keycap swimming party njbair.

I'm down!

My boards:
More

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 13:45:48 »
I just got one straight up heartfelt letter, awesome start to the day.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:00:19 »

:D

I think I had to type it out like 3 times because I kept making terrible mistakes. Typewriter life is really hard with no backspaces.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:03:18 »

I think I had to type it out like 3 times because I kept making terrible mistakes. Typewriter life is really hard with no backspaces.

That's why they invented correction fluid, bro. ;)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #527 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:04:32 »

Start typing out the envelopes since you are sick of writing. It'll be like a lottery to see how many actually get addressed properly and make it to people.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:05:40 »
Start typing out the envelopes since you are sick of writing. It'll be like a lottery to see how many actually get addressed properly and make it to people.

This idea is a good idea. Russian Roulette mailing.

That's why they invented correction fluid, bro. ;)

Nahbro.png. I enjoy the challenge.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #529 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:08:01 »

This idea is a good idea. Russian Roulette mailing.

You should give us the option to fund the purchase of a stamp with our address on it, similar to what you've used in the past for your return address.  Although then you'd have a bunch of stamps lying around with the addresses of internet weirdos...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #530 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:08:31 »

Good practice for when you need to do carbon copies! :D

in memoriam

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #531 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:18:31 »

Carbon copy...that's when you want to send an email to 2 people at once, right? 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #532 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:20:19 »

Wait.

Do you mean actual carbon copies?  Or "carbon copies" (which actually use a product explicitly called Carbonless Paper)?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #533 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:24:49 »

Wait.

Do you mean actual carbon copies?  Or "carbon copies" (which actually use a product explicitly called Carbonless Paper)?

Like when you put the carbon paper in bewteen the sheets of blank typing bond.

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #534 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:26:42 »

Wait.

Like when you put the carbon paper in bewteen the sheets of blank typing bond.

:thumb:  An actual carbon copy. 

I just like to be pedantic because I used to work at one of the major manufacturers of carbonless paper.  :cool:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #535 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:25:49 »
Carbonless paper. Ya'll are crazy. I'm on this thing called cheap office paper.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #536 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:27:49 »
Carbonless paper. Ya'll are crazy. I'm on this thing called cheap office paper.

Carbonless is only useful if you're making multiple copies (yknow the copies with yellow, pink, white, etc colored sheets).  You wouldn't use it for this.  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #537 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:30:28 »
Carbonless is only useful if you're making multiple copies (yknow the copies with yellow, pink, white, etc colored sheets).  You wouldn't use it for this.  :P

What if I'm typing multiple thank you notes at once and everyone get's a different colored sheet? WHAT THEN HOFF

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #538 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:38:58 »

What if I'm typing multiple thank you notes at once and everyone get's a different colored sheet? WHAT THEN HOFF

Then that's cool but I thought we were talking about the Zine itself.  :-[

If you wanna type up the same response to everyone then do you, man.  :cool:  I wonder if I could acquire some of said paper from some old coworkers... 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #539 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:45:35 »

If you wanna type up the same response to everyone then do you, man.  :cool:  I wonder if I could acquire some of said paper from some old coworkers...

Not everyone. Just three people would get similar replies :P.

Seriously if you can get carbonless paper, send some this way. Especially if it's got old school headers or something already on it.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #540 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:47:29 »

Seriously if you can get carbonless paper, send some this way. Especially if it's got old school headers or something already on it.

Damn. We just threw away like 1500 tractor feed sheets of carbonless invoices. They had the old area code on them, I think. Yes, we still invoice using dot matrix printers in 2015.

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #541 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:00:49 »

This would be straight from the factory, so no headers at all.  :P

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 08:11:29 »
Tactile represent!

Issue 4 and moar stickerz plz.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #543 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 09:27:59 »
Well I just got a typerwriter-typed love letter in the mail from CPT.  :'(  It's so beautiful.  :-*

<3

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #544 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:10:58 »
I'm going to try and finish up mailing out the Vol 4s sometime this week but it may not happen. Recent real life events have caused major roadblocks and I need to deal with them first. I believe I need to attend a funeral soon.

For now, consider Tactile on hiatus until I figure everything out. I will also be on GH much less and will probably only check this thread and Simple Questions regularly.

Thanks for your interest and support. I've got tons of ideas that I've been working on so there will be progress as soon as real life calms down.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Re: Tactile Zine - On Hiatus
« Reply #545 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:13:40 »
I'm going to try and finish up mailing out the Vol 4s sometime this week but it may not happen. Recent real life events have caused major roadblocks and I need to deal with them first. I believe I need to attend a funeral soon.

For now, consider Tactile on hiatus until I figure everything out. I will also be on GH much less and will probably only check this thread and Simple Questions regularly.

Thanks for your interest and support. I've got tons of ideas that I've been working on so there will be progress as soon as real life calms down.
Sorry for your loss, brother. Real life is more important than a forum or even a zine, as much as I'm excited about what you have going here. You take care of you.

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #546 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:14:52 »

Take care of yourself first, CPT. Thanks for the update, but don't feel obligated to spend more time on us than you're able.

Sorry to hear about this all, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #547 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:20:01 »
Sorry, man. Take care of yourself and your family. And let us know how we can help.

My boards:
More

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:27:24 »
I'm sorry to hear about these troubles. I hope everything goes as well as it can for you and your family. You'll be in my thoughts. If you need anything, you know there are a bunch of people here who wouldn't hesitate to help out where ever possible, myself included.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #549 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:28:55 »

You do you, man. Your 'zine fans will be here :)

Wishing you and yours the best.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150