Author Topic: Tactile Zine  (Read 740989 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: Tactile Zine
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 10:25:58 »
CPTBadAss, could you add me to the mailing list, please? Would like to receive all the previous issues as well, if that's not a problem. Will PM you my address.

Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #751 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 14:05:22 »
CPTBadAss, could you add me to the mailing list, please? Would like to receive all the previous issues as well, if that's not a problem. Will PM you my address.

Sounds good. Just waiting on the PM.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #752 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 14:07:38 »

Sounds good. Just waiting on the PM.

Sending it now. Started working on an artisan and forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder!

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 21:33:21 »
Show Image

Screenprinting class is actually happening. I made a little design based off of Binge's Lion Keyng. Hopefully next week I've got something more to post. Which means that some DIY Tactile Posters are coming soon. And maybe this print too if anyone's interested.

It got kinda drippy when I stood it up to dry. And some of the screen filler didn't wash out right. I like how it turned out with all the imperfections. Happy with my first screenprint but there's a lot to learn still. Really enjoying printmaking.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #754 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 21:36:55 »
Show Image

Screenprinting class is actually happening. I made a little design based off of Binge's Lion Keyng. Hopefully next week I've got something more to post. Which means that some DIY Tactile Posters are coming soon. And maybe this print too if anyone's interested.
Show Image

Show Image

It got kinda drippy when I stood it up to dry. And some of the screen filler didn't wash out right. I like how it turned out with all the imperfections. Happy with my first screenprint but there's a lot to learn still. Really enjoying printmaking.

niiiiiice

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #755 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 21:47:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That print came out great!  Nice work.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #756 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 13:23:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This should probably be a sticker.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #757 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 20:54:49 »

If you're in CONUS, I've finally packed up your Vol 1-4

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #758 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 00:52:55 »
Show Image

International readers who haven't received their zines also have something in the mail now.If you've joined the mailing list in the last few months, I've been slacking on mailing them out. But I believe I'm caught up now.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #759 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:50:55 »
Show Image

International readers who haven't received their zines also have something in the mail now.If you've joined the mailing list in the last few months, I've been slacking on mailing them out. But I believe I'm caught up now.

Mmm, if I joined this week, I can start waiting somethingsomething? Just wondering because I'm really new to TactileZine.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #760 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:30:50 »
Mmm, if I joined this week, I can start waiting somethingsomething? Just wondering because I'm really new to TactileZine.

Yes you're included in that last statement

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #761 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:40:50 »

Rilakkuma makes no sense right now. He's supposed to be a lazy bear and he climbed to the top of the Vol 5 mountain? Volume 5 is now printed. Time to fold...

Shoutouts to kudosgodspeed for hooking Tactile up with a lovely throwie.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #762 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 00:51:50 »
Show Image

Rilakkuma makes no sense right now. He's supposed to be a lazy bear and he climbed to the top of the Vol 5 mountain? Volume 5 is now printed. Time to fold...

Eeep, it's me!
What are these bear things btw, I've seen them everywhere are they a collectible?
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 01:08:30 »
Show Image

Eeep, it's me!
What are these bear things btw, I've seen them everywhere are they a collectible?

they are called be@rbricks and are collectible toys from japan.  they are really cool and usually have a lot of collabs with all sorts of pop culture things.
http://www.bearbrick.com/

looking forward to reading tactile for the first time! :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #764 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 01:15:53 »
they are called be@rbricks and are collectible toys from japan.  they are really cool and usually have a lot of collabs with all sorts of pop culture things.
http://www.bearbrick.com/

looking forward to reading tactile for the first time! :)

Ohh wow, that's awesome! :D THERE'S SO MANY HOLY****.

And yeah dude, I'm so hyped to get my hands on a copy :D :D

Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #765 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 22:31:14 »
awww yiss.  really looking forward to reading these.  thanks much for the bonus vitasoy-themed sticker too!

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #766 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 22:54:26 »
Lately (Read in the last 2 weeks), your donations have been going towards:

Stamps
Envelopes
Paper

I also discovered a machine that will fold paper automatically and thermal label printers. I'm bidding on eBay on both to try and grab them for as cheap as I can. Since the money is *donated* I try and get the best deals I can.

Tonight I learned that Stamps.com is compatible with thermal label printers. I've been exploring options to get away from hand addressing envelops because it takes too long. I'd like to print off stamps and shipping labels through Stamps.com so I'll be signing up for the subscription. Please considering donating as this will become a recurring monthly bill that will directly go into making the zine better. If I don't have to go to the PO or hand address envelopes, I'll be able to turn zines around faster. Don't worry, I'm exploring options to still include something handwritten.

I'm also looking into getting special stickers and having shirts made. I know I've been talking a lot about having stuff for sale and I'm working towards that. I'm trying to build stock and seeing if my work life stabilizes for a good amount of time.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #767 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 23:40:51 »

Stamps
Envelopes
Paper

I also discovered a machine that will fold paper automatically and thermal label printers. I'm bidding on eBay on both to try and grab them for as cheap as I can. Since the money is *donated* I try and get the best deals I can.

Tonight I learned that Stamps.com is compatible with thermal label printers. I've been exploring options to get away from hand addressing envelops because it takes too long. I'd like to print off stamps and shipping labels through Stamps.com so I'll be signing up for the subscription. Please considering donating as this will become a recurring monthly bill that will directly go into making the zine better. If I don't have to go to the PO or hand address envelopes, I'll be able to turn zines around faster. Don't worry, I'm exploring options to still include something handwritten.

I'm also looking into getting special stickers and having shirts made. I know I've been talking a lot about having stuff for sale and I'm working towards that. I'm trying to build stock and seeing if my work life stabilizes for a good amount of time.

Sounds awesome!  I got the zines today, btw.  Enjoyed reading the first two volumes this far and looking forward to the rest. Keep up the great work!!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #768 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 02:28:15 »

Stamps
Envelopes
Paper

Haven't received mine yet but will definitely donate more after Easter. Sounds like you got everything planned out so we know where the donations are going and that is awesome. Thanks for that. :)

Offline Almada71

« Reply #769 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 19:00:13 »
Got mine the other day!! Thank you so much! The fanzine is awesome!

Offline FlukeNukem

« Reply #770 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 01:11:12 »
Oh this looks cool. :thumb:  I would definitely like to get on the mailing list, as well as all the back issues if that's no problem. Will PM my addr in a bit.
CM Storm QFR Cherry MX Green
Dell AT101
IBM Model F 5291 "Bigfoot"

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #771 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 02:42:23 »
Got my zines yesterday. Thanks !
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #772 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 09:40:42 »
Oh this looks cool. :thumb:  I would definitely like to get on the mailing list, as well as all the back issues if that's no problem. Will PM my addr in a bit.

Sounds good, waiting on that PM.

Offline FlukeNukem

« Reply #773 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:59:41 »

Sounds good, waiting on that PM.
PM sent
Dell AT101

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 16:50:28 »
Got my zines yesterday. Thanks !
Just wanted to share this pic;
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #775 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 17:26:39 »

Got some foil sticker samples from a local place. The prices were crazy though. And it was hilarious how they thought I was a legit business.

So as always, we fall back on DIY

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #776 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 01:27:46 »
Show Image

Got some foil sticker samples from a local place. The prices were crazy though. And it was hilarious how they thought I was a legit business.

Show Image

So as always, we fall back on DIY

Oh man, those looks yummy!  :cool:
Do you send stickers with every issue you make?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #777 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 10:02:04 »
Yes I've included a random sticker with all the zines I've sent.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #778 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 10:37:01 »
OBEY CPT
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #779 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:27:34 »
Yes I've included a random sticker with all the zines I've sent.
You're so awesome, Captain!
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:36:53 by funderburker »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #780 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:19:50 »
So I've had Volume 5 printed for ten days but I haven't folded or stapled them yet. Part of that is because I was AFK for a few days. But also because I was waiting for this stuff. Your lovely donations have allowed me to buy a folding machine and a thermal printer to address the envelopes.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #781 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:28:33 »
oh wow, that folding machine is pretty nifty.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #782 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:51:21 »
It's definitely making my life a bit easier and I got it for a steal on eBay. Same thing with the Dymo. Pretty cheap.

I am going to apologize ahead of time because I'm still getting used to the machine and some people's zines are going to be extra folded or crumpled because I'm bad.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #783 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:53:01 »
It's definitely making my life a bit easier and I got it for a steal on eBay. Same thing with the Dymo. Pretty cheap.

I am going to apologize ahead of time because I'm still getting used to the machine and some people's zines are going to be extra folded or crumpled because I'm bad.

It's all good at least for me. There is a learning curve with stuff like that.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 02:19:28 »

No worries. It's great that we could help the making process a bit easier and faster. :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #785 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:51:16 »

Current vibes. My friend and I are watching Top Gear and I'm just folding paper. I'm a really exciting friend.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:27:43 by CPTBadAss »

Offline R1N3

« Reply #786 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:52:23 »
we're all gonna make it

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #787 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 21:11:36 »

Oh yeah, I made these too

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #788 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:20:38 »
Show Image

Major

Offline FlukeNukem

« Reply #789 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 23:08:58 »
Show Image

Man those are awesome  :thumb:
Dell AT101

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #790 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 01:35:18 »
Show Image

That "The Life of Tactile" sticker is a nice twist. Really like the "1-800-READTACTILE" sticker.  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #791 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 21:28:39 »

Managed to make 8 good prints of my Lion Keyng Jr. 4 color, 4 black. Shoutouts to Binge for the inspiration.

Left to right: AP, random fun print on comics, fail prints

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #792 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:50:11 »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #793 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:50:56 »
Wooooo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #794 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 07:43:31 »
Show Image

Do the carts come with the zine? :p

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #795 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 20:31:10 »
All looking awesome Captain! Nice job as always, looking forward to it!! :D

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #796 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:18:57 »
how to join this? im from malaysia

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #797 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 21:47:38 »
how to join this? im from malaysia
Details are in the OP but PM me with what you want and your info.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #798 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 01:51:15 »
Can't wait for this next issue! :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #799 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 21:15:35 »

I wonder how normal people spend their evenings. At least I got Netflix?