Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 778377 times)

Offline Traveler

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2450 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:38:59 »
I PM'd yuktsi on Tuesday to try to get some information on premium kits, haven't gotten a response.

I was considering doing the same. I was going to wait until 3/10; that would have been a complete month since he said anything here. And at the rate things have been going I'm pretty sure we'll hit that mark.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2451 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:43:34 »
I PM'd yuktsi on Tuesday to try to get some information on premium kits, haven't gotten a response.

(S)He is too busy responding to the people in the TGR-910 buy.

He. I believe the picture is Jane, who he named the TKL after? Could be wrong.

I think it's fair for him to manage his own group buy.

However, all fairness has just disappeared when juahenza forgot about this :'(

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2452 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 18:01:01 »

Yuktsi is the T(GR) in TARO - it's his or her buy too.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2453 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 18:07:19 »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2454 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 18:10:15 »

He :rolleyes:

But yeah, you're right. (Although I wouldn't say it's RAMA's buy, but we've already beat that topic.)

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2455 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 18:46:19 »

He :rolleyes:

But yeah, you're right. (Although I wouldn't say it's RAMA's buy, but we've already beat that topic.)

We will have to agree to disagree on that topic. That said, Yuktsi's involvement is all over this board. The PCB is exactly the same as the TGR-910 one.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2456 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 11:20:38 »
yuktsi did respond to my PM.

"I actually just created a request to my courier to pick them up instead. Will see it goes for the next couple of days."

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #2457 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 11:52:26 »
More

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #2458 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 11:58:41 »
Making us all jealous man, great shot. The pink ano came out so vibrant.

Offline Data

« Reply #2459 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:11:18 »
That photo's not creepy at all.  No sir.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2460 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:39:49 »

"I actually just created a request to my courier to pick them up instead. Will see it goes for the next couple of days."

Was this the PM about the Premium kits? So he's having his courier pick up the GMK sets + switches?

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2461 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:25:53 »

Was this the PM about the Premium kits? So he's having his courier pick up the GMK sets + switches?

That's right. I'm not sure, I just copy/pasted...those two sentences are the entire PM.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2462 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:04:31 »
That's right. I'm not sure, I just copy/pasted...those two sentences are the entire PM.

Nice. Very interesting, albeit a bit vague. At this point I'll take anything I can get though. Wonder where it's being picked up from. Hopefully an office nearby; surely not from Sheraton's place.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2463 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 06:42:48 »
Anyone else with an alu bottom not get their tracking yet?

Offline wtzll

« Reply #2464 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 06:50:06 »

Me.
5975:JP

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #2465 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 07:12:17 »
Me.
Yeah but still no update on this POS Malaysia code for you too I think :(

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #2466 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 20:58:24 »

Me.
I paid for premium kit with both silver alu and black alu bottom. No tracking inform received yet.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 21:03:21 by ricyuyc »

Offline energyd

« Reply #2467 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 16:33:31 »
Is this Tuhai & Co.? If so I got my invoice as well, but it didn't have any product details so I wasn't sure

Yep, that's the one.

That's curious! Mine didn't come from Tuhai and Co, it's from someone named REDACTED instead. Confused!

REDACTED

Mine is REDACTED and NTW Keyboards too, I think it must be because we're both in Europe?

Was yours sent with Pos Malaysia too?

Mine was also from REDACTED. Pos Malaysia too.

Mine is also from REDACTED but the tracking number did not show up in either Pos Malaysia or SF express..How do you know which shipper is it? I'm in the US.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:00:37 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline demorior

« Reply #2468 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 18:07:45 »
i know it's a long shot but any resolution on what's happening for those who received cracked poly bottoms?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2469 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 19:04:01 »
i know it's a long shot but any resolution on what's happening for those who received cracked poly bottoms?

AFAIK it's been radio silence on this issues (cracked poly, missing stabs) for quite a while now.

Offline demorior

« Reply #2470 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 19:12:24 »

AFAIK it's been radio silence on this issues (cracked poly, missing stabs) for quite a while now.
hoping it gets addressed soon but i know that's asking a lot

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2471 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 06:04:56 »
I wouldn't expect anything about cracked bottoms, faulty PCB's and missing stabs in less than 6 months, but we'll see. People with premium kits still haven't received their tracking and this is being even more ridiculous than it's been before.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2472 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:32:38 »
I wouldn't expect anything about cracked bottoms, faulty PCB's and missing stabs in less than 6 months, but we'll see. People with premium kits still haven't received their tracking and this is being even more ridiculous than it's been before.

Considering this project has four well known community members, you think someone would step up and take a leadership role here.  RAMA, TGR, Originative, and Aconic all have their names on this group buy...  You think one of them could set the record straight here.

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #2473 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:47:44 »
Considering this project has four well known community members, you think someone would step up and take a leadership role here.  RAMA, TGR, Originative, and Aconic all have their names on this group buy...  You think one of them could set the record straight here.

Although this would be repeating the discussion (and I'm not saying that I agree or I don't) it's been said that RAMA was just the designer, so I doubt that he would like to take this GB and do something with it. Originative is in the other side of the world AFAIK, so they can't do much either. I think this is now more of dodging the ****storm than to solve our problems as their customers. This is not the first ****-up for some of them and they are still "prestigious" in the community, so I doubt they care about this affecting their reputation. It's just not fair for us because we have no power at all or any way to enforce anything of them. We can only wait and praise they fulfill our orders and solve our problems. Unless we go to every thread, page, forum, etc and start spamming their products, buys and whatever with comments regarding this, but we all know how this ends in GH

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2474 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:54:44 »

Although this would be repeating the discussion (and I'm not saying that I agree or I don't) it's been said that RAMA was just the designer, so I doubt that he would like to take this GB and do something with it. Originative is in the other side of the world AFAIK, so they can't do much either. I think this is now more of dodging the ****storm than to solve our problems as their customers. This is not the first ****-up for some of them and they are still "prestigious" in the community, so I doubt they care about this affecting their reputation. It's just not fair for us because we have no power at all or any way to enforce anything of them. We can only wait and praise they fulfill our orders and solve our problems. Unless we go to every thread, page, forum, etc and start spamming their products, buys and whatever with comments regarding this, but we all know how this ends in GH

Well I can tell you that none of those names are prestigious to me anymore, and all of them have lost me as a customer, permanently. And I have money to throw around when it comes to mechanical keyboards.

E.g. I deliberately avoided originative recently for something as simple as genuine cherry stabilizers. I won't buy anything from any of these guys ever again, I don't care how ancillary their role in this was. No one wants to take responsibility, and that's unacceptable behavior to me.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2475 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:23:49 »
No one wants to take responsibility, and that's unacceptable behavior to me.

That's my point.  Yuktsi, of all the names attached to this GB, has been the most responsive and available to me.  E-mail and PMs responded to quickly, fairly regular updates in the forum, and has worked with me on changing my shipping address.

At this point, it sounds that most just want issues addressed and approximate schedules updated.  It's really not that much and I don't know why it's so difficult to address a few things.  Unfortunately, the damage is seemingly done. 

My hopes are that everyone that has received bad PCBs and cracked bottoms are taken care of, at least.  It seems these kinds of things have happened on GH before and hence the caveat emptor.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that someone will right this ship.   :thumb:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2476 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 11:47:10 »
That's my point.  Yuktsi, of all the names attached to this GB, has been the most responsive and available to me.  E-mail and PMs responded to quickly, fairly regular updates in the forum, and has worked with me on changing my shipping address.

Juahenza seems to have perished, Originative is across the world and Rama has nothing to do with the project except them having used his (unfinished) design - Yuktsi seems to be able and willing to work toward getting this sorted and as much as I imagine he wants to do right by people, he also has his 910 GB he's been working toward finishing.

Far as I'm aware he has a few units of that to ship out and then it should be a wrap, I'm not "in the know" of his work ethic but I'd figure after that he'll get back to actively sorting through this. Hopefully the aluminium bottom basics will all be arriving and premium kits finally ship out so that the people with faulty parts can get taken care of.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:31:20 by Vigrith »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2477 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:08:51 »
Juahenza seems to have perished, Originative is across the world and Rama has nothing to do with the project except them having used his (unfinished) design - Yuktsi seems to be the only one actually able and willing to work toward getting this sorted and as much as I imagine he wants to do right by people, he also has his 910 GB he's been working toward finishing.

I was a bit hesitant about saying that myself, but those are my thoughts exactly. Pretty sure Juahenza has completely abandoned this project. Yuktsi is our only hope, and I think this GB is low on his list of priorities. But with him being our last hope I'm trying to be patient. As long as there's progress being made I won't complain, but it's hard to know what is or isn't being done without updates. I'm not expecting any going forward though. Only updates will be the info we share among each other.

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #2478 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:20:33 »
Do we know why the tracking seems to be going without any updates? Has anyone with an aluminum bottom seen their tracking move?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2479 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:38:23 »
Do we know why the tracking seems to be going without any updates? Has anyone with an aluminum bottom seen their tracking move?

Still empty for me!

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2480 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:10:54 »

Still empty for me as well, but I am not sure if yuktsi is going to consolidate my order since i had mine split in shipping.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2481 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:30:57 »
I heard that mine are going to be sent separately because they don't have everything for my premium yet and will be shipping that later out of pocket

Offline Saiph

« Reply #2482 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:38:33 »

For my non premium kit I received the tracking number a pretty long time before they actually started shipping it. It was a few weeks at least, don't remember exactly. When it started shipping it arrived very quickly though, I think it was less than a week.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2483 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:12:03 »

'Record not found.'   :blank:

Offline Data

« Reply #2484 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:30:52 »

Yes...  They did this with the first wave of shipments too.  Just because you have a tracking number doesn't mean the parcel is in possession of a mail carrier.  Most (all?) of the shipping companies will let you print a label for drop-off or pick-up at some undetermined future date.  And that's exactly what's taking place now.  Whoever has the labeled packages needs to drop them off or schedule the pick-up.  I don't know how it works in SE Asia, but in the US we call that just being ****ing lazy.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2485 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 17:25:26 »

Yes...  They did this with the first wave of shipments too.  Just because you have a tracking number doesn't mean the parcel is in possession of a mail carrier.  Most (all?) of the shipping companies will let you print a label for drop-off or pick-up at some undetermined future date.  And that's exactly what's taking place now.  Whoever has the labeled packages needs to drop them off or schedule the pick-up.  I don't know how it works in SE Asia, but in the US we call that just being ****ing lazy.

They're probably sitting on someone's desk just like the GMK keycaps for premium kits any day now...

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2486 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 19:55:10 »
Got a PM from juahenza today. He just received the GMK caps! All remaining orders will ship by end of next week!  :p

GET READY

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2487 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:15:05 »
Got a PM from juahenza today. He just received the GMK caps! All remaining orders will ship by end of next week!  :p

GET READY

It's a Christmas miracle.

Easter miracle?

Miracle.

PS: you best not be trolling homie, I will clap cheeks.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2488 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:02:11 »

Easter miracle?

Miracle.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but regarding this group buy I'd be suprise by anything that even resembles a miracle lol.

I'm not sure how to say this politely, so eh: I have doubts about the validity of this guy's statement. This is the same guy who said Juahenza was going to start offering refunds after Feb. 22 (which never came to pass, at least not publicly). I've asked him when Juahenza said that and he never responded to me. If I'm looking at the site right Juahenza hasn't been on geekhack since Feb. 7, so unless Juahenza is PM'ing this guy via a different method it doesn't sound too legit to me.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2489 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:05:01 »
This is the same guy who said Juahenza was going to start offering refunds after Feb. 22 (which never came to pass, at least not publicly).

gdi

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2490 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:13:14 »

GET READY

Easter miracle?

Miracle.

Some cheeks are getting clapped

Offline gutsack

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2491 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:53:24 »
I'm not sure how to say this politely, so eh: I have doubts about the validity of this guy's statement. This is the same guy who said Juahenza was going to start offering refunds after Feb. 22 (which never came to pass, at least not publicly). I've asked him when Juahenza said that and he never responded to me. If I'm looking at the site right Juahenza hasn't been on geekhack since Feb. 7, so unless Juahenza is PM'ing this guy via a different method it doesn't sound too legit to me.

Doubts here as well. He claimed to receive a PM from Juahenza about refunds and then he claimed to receive a refund but is still PMing Juahenza about shipping? Also, countless people in this thread have PMed Juahenza without reply (myself included) and Juahenza hasn't been active here in a month.

On top of that, if you look at this guy's post history it's 26 posts in a total of two threads—this one and the recent Revo GB wherein he's just screaming at everyone about how Revo and Originative should go to hell.

[Edits to remove typos]

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2492 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 23:14:25 »
I'd like to know how you received a PM with him being offline for a month.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2493 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 23:31:23 »
Show Image

A+  Oddly hypnotic.  Would print and frame. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2494 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:51:51 »
Second miracle ! My tracking as moved for my base exent with alu bottom! I am so ****ing excited!

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2495 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 09:51:40 »
POS Malaysia or SF Express?

Mine's POS and hasn't shown up on the carrier yet.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #2496 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 09:55:31 »

Mine's POS Malaysia too and it hasn't shown up either
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline foxlive

« Reply #2497 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:13:19 »

It is POS Malaysia for me and since today it says «Item posted over the counter»!

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2498 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:02:15 »

It is POS Malaysia for me and since today it says «Item posted over the counter»!

That is a bit of good news. Hopefully it starts rolling out soon. Yuktsi mentioned some sort of warehouse in my small exchange with him through pm, totally possible they're starting to move out by the end of this week.

Offline canigetanipa

« Reply #2499 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:51:33 »
Hello Yuktsi, please cancel my order #0407. Thanks, I have also pm'd you and emailed you.