Author Topic: [IC] GMK Norse | GB March 2-30 / Final Kits and Pricing!  (Read 178285 times)

Offline Xonuss

Re: [IC] GMK Norse - Updated Colors!
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 23:51:55 »
It's a real shame this doesn't seem to get runic monos, those look absolutely sick. Could you perhaps do another poll, I'm really curious to see if sub legend still have that much of a majority vote. Anyways, looking forward to see what happens with this set, good luck!

Offline Skok

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 00:25:28 »
It's a real shame this doesn't seem to get runic monos, those look absolutely sick. Could you perhaps do another poll, I'm really curious to see if sub legend still have that much of a majority vote. Anyways, looking forward to see what happens with this set, good luck!

For reference:

Both sides are very vocal about which one to go with but I have to follow the numbers. Like I said before, maybe a R2? This run will be Subs though.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 00:35:50 »

For reference:
Show Image

Both sides are very vocal about which one to go with but I have to follow the numbers. Like I said before, maybe a R2? This run will be Subs though.
Well if R1 is successful then 2 base kits in R2 may not be a bad idea tho (Based on the interest of this thread)

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #353 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 00:41:51 »

For reference:
Show Image

One could always hope, but I completely understand. Will keep my eyes peeled for a Runic Mono run.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 03:28:15 by Xonuss »

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 07:17:40 »
not sure if answered already, but if sub vs mono is so polarizing, why not just run two base kits? worried about moq?

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 07:58:33 »
not sure if answered already, but if sub vs mono is so polarizing, why not just run two base kits? worried about moq?

Agree with this. Or offer alphas kit :)

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 10:22:24 »
Same sentiment as above. With the poll results like this it's evident that there's enough interest.

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 17:42:15 »
Great job skok!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline kk73715

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:18:58 »
Two base kits = less MoQ for each = higher base price for each
The question that should be asked is whether people interested are open to having increased prices for more choice.

I say yes, it is worth it!

edit: I just wanted to add that whatever choice is made, I will still be supporting this set. glwic :)

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 22:45:25 »
depressing is there no way you can just make a mono legends kit?

Offline Skok

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 22:55:11 »
Two base kits = less MoQ for each = higher base price for each
The question that should be asked is whether people interested are open to having increased prices for more choice.

I say yes, it is worth it!

edit: I just wanted to add that whatever choice is made, I will still be supporting this set. glwic :)

It's a lot of new molds which everyone knows aren't cheap. Running a second base kit with Monos requires the number of molds to be doubled. I have no idea how much this set will cost until the base kit is finalized and sent off to GMK by my lead vendor for quotes (which is soon btw ;)) My assumption is that a second base kit would put the price of the set in an uncomfortable position that might isolate many people.

Offline kiwi03

« Reply #361 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 01:28:14 »
I'm in. Can't wait to see the novelty keys.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #362 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 17:46:24 »
DEFINITELY getting in on this one! I love everything about this.

Offline BeachFan69

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:22:22 »
Excited for this!

Offline outerspace

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:10:07 »
Or maybe mt3... in my dreams. Subs will most likely be the final iteration. I can't ignore the majority. Monos could def come in a R2 if theres enough demand, but for now I need to focus on getting R1 to GB lol. Working on it as we speak. I'm not sure about ortho/40 support. It's something I have to discuss with vendors as many of them have told me it's extremely niche and usually isn't worth it unless the set is massive. Kind of up in the air for the time being.
That's too bad though I do understand where you come from.
I'd need to pass if it's sublegends, but GL with it! It'll definitely be more successful.
Looking forward to R2 then!

Also, MT3 would be a bomb! I've been considering picking up the WoB.
But if you able to get this in MT3, I would definitely get it! :thumb:

How about just scrape the idea of GMK altogether and go with MT3? ;-) You get way more options with kitting and with Drop's customer base, I'm sure the set will sell well. Both mono (yay for myself!) and sub fans will be happy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 08:52:50 by outerspace »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:25:28 »
The design is a good candidate for dye-sub due to its special legends. The likes of e-PBT, MT3 and other similar key caps are better fits for the set, than double-shots. The OP would consider developing a fork of the set in a different platform.

Offline Skok

« Reply #366 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:23:14 »
Or maybe mt3... in my dreams. Subs will most likely be the final iteration. I can't ignore the majority. Monos could def come in a R2 if theres enough demand, but for now I need to focus on getting R1 to GB lol. Working on it as we speak. I'm not sure about ortho/40 support. It's something I have to discuss with vendors as many of them have told me it's extremely niche and usually isn't worth it unless the set is massive. Kind of up in the air for the time being.
I'd need to pass if it's sublegends, but GL with it! It'll definitely be more successful.

How about just scrape the idea of GMK altogether and go with MT3? ;-) You get way more options with kitting and with Drop's customer base, I'm sure the set will sell well. Both mono (yay for myself!) and sub fans will be happy.

GMK is happening lol. MT3 is definitely a possibility somewhere in the future. Some tweaks would need to be made since the legends on here are lighter than the base color of the cap. Colors would have to be changed around. Sometime next year once this has passed GB I'll contact drop about making this a possibility in MT3. For now, I'll finish this iteration. Thanks for the support!

Offline Skok

« Reply #367 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 09:29:31 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2020, 19:39:24 by Skok »

Offline rexreaper

« Reply #368 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 10:21:01 »
Nice colors

« Reply #369 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 11:22:50 »
I'm so excited to give you lots of money for this set.

Offline kk73715

« Reply #370 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 06:12:10 »

Drop is a terrible vendor, we as a community should be moving away from them. Yes going to Drop might get lower prices but it is not worth it for the way they treat orders and all the shipping/order problems that occur. Pay the extra 5-10$ for a vendor to actually take care of a product and gets it to your doorstep. **** Drop.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 07:39:06 »

Drop is a terrible vendor, we as a community should be moving away from them. Yes going to Drop might get lower prices but it is not worth it for the way they treat orders and all the shipping/order problems that occur. Pay the extra 5-10$ for a vendor to actually take care of a product and gets it to your doorstep. **** Drop.

Are you aware that Drop owns GH?

Offline KT-afk

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 07:55:48 »
Would like to know, but will there be any chances for a sea vendor? It was left unanswered

Offline Skok

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 09:23:59 »
Would like to know, but will there be any chances for a sea vendor? It was left unanswered

Looking into it, I'll get back to you

Offline saltimate

Re: [IC] GMK Norse
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 17:28:21 »
looking forward to seeing the novelties
protip: if more people want sublegends, make the base runic mono so you can make extra dosh off all the plebs who will have to buy an alt alphas kit
alternatively just make an alt alphas kit for mono runic and make not quite as much extra dosh fro the few kings who don't need latin alphas

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 17:37:22 »
protip: if more people want sublegends, make the base runic mono so you can make extra dosh off all the plebs who will have to buy an alt alphas kit
alternatively just make an alt alphas kit for mono runic and make not quite as much extra dosh fro the few kings who don't need latin alphas
Or they just skip the set completely. In the end, he will probably lose more buyers than he'll get with your weird idea...

Offline Skok

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 00:02:26 »
Or they just skip the set completely. In the end, he will probably lose more buyers than he'll get with your weird idea...

lol

Offline Skok

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 00:14:04 »
I'm so excited to give you lots of money for this set.

I'm excited to take that money.

Offline kk73715

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 02:20:50 »

No, I was not aware but just did a brief search and am now aware. Thank you for bringing this up.

That said, Drop's ownership of GH shouldn't have an impact on how we judge them or the standard we hold them to. Recent pre-orders Drop was a vendor for has not been smooth. Delays, wrong orders, missing items, damaged products... the list goes on. I have not had good experiences with them and it doesn't seem those problems will be fixed anytime soon. For these reasons I advocate that OP does not take the suggestion of using Drop as a vendor.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 07:17:24 »

No, I was not aware but just did a brief search and am now aware. Thank you for bringing this up.

That said, Drop's ownership of GH shouldn't have an impact on how we judge them or the standard we hold them to. Recent pre-orders Drop was a vendor for has not been smooth. Delays, wrong orders, missing items, damaged products... the list goes on. I have not had good experiences with them and it doesn't seem those problems will be fixed anytime soon. For these reasons I advocate that OP does not take the suggestion of using Drop as a vendor.

The take over of GH by Drop has been smooth and GH appears to run the same, before and after it.

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:11:15 »
The mono/sublegend numbers look strong enough to at least offer an alt alpha option.

I would be far more willing to buy the base along with the alt Rune set.

Sadly I would personally pass if only the sublegends are offered.

Offline Skok

« Reply #381 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:21:40 »
The mono/sublegend numbers look strong enough to at least offer an alt alpha option.

I don't blame you. It really is unfortunate but due to the cost of the molds, running with two different alphas sets, I can only do one. That one is going to be whichever has the most form responses as its my only way to gauge interest through quantitative data.  But in reality it will most likely be sublegends. As said before Monos would definitely be part of an r2 in the future if that happens.

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #382 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:30:37 »

I don't blame you. It really is unfortunate but due to the cost of the molds, running with two different alphas sets, I can only do one. That one is going to be whichever has the most form responses as its my only way to gauge interest through quantitative data.  But in reality it will most likely be sublegends. As said before Monos would definitely be part of an r2 in the future if that happens.

This is something that I am 100% willing to wait for.

The Mito Ram alphas were the sole reason I became interested in custom sets.

This is leagues better than that.

Offline Skok

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 18:12:37 »

This is something that I am 100% willing to wait for.

The Mito Ram alphas were the sole reason I became interested in custom sets.

This is leagues better than that.

Thank you, I hope I can make it happen in the future!

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #384 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 07:44:49 »
Just as an idea, would u run regular Latin alphas as a kit? I presume your base will be rune sub legends.

The Latin alpha kit doesn’t require new moulds.

Offline Masticccc

« Reply #385 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 08:21:28 »
Thanks to be straight-forward. Now I can save money to join other sets lol, anyways looks forward to R2 with mono rune.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #386 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 12:03:30 »
Just as an idea, would u run regular Latin alphas as a kit? I presume your base will be rune sub legends.

The Latin alpha kit doesn’t require new moulds.

There is already a Latin alphas kit planned. You can see it in the OP:

Offline hatomugi

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 23:16:52 »
I like this. MONOLEGENDS seems cool
sw engineer who loves linear switches

Offline ScrappyAlex

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 22:10:35 »
I would love this keyboard! I think the grey keycaps suits the runic style (like stone).

Offline rt_es

« Reply #389 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 23:53:28 »
Personally fine if R1 is sublegends and I can wait for the monolegends (they look so so clean). Good luck regardless, can't wait to see your future projects!

Offline krzank

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 02:14:01 »
R4:Pipe/Backslash is nowhere to be found, neither BASE nor NorDeUK has it.
I believe UK-ISO requires it.

Offline nettik

« Reply #391 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 15:36:40 »
I'd like to +1 for 40s support!

Offline blejdfist

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 06:33:21 »
As a descendant of the vikings, I'm totally in for this :)
I'd love to see the corrected novelties soon.

Offline Hectrix

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 04:19:20 »
+1 for Mono

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Offline frozenthai

« Reply #394 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 23:09:54 »
Something that has always scraped at my mind is how the poll would have looked if it was worded differently or included something like either one option.
How many people of those votes went for the regular and "safe" option of sub-legends, but would still buy the mono-legends?

Just clinging to air though as I don't quite get sub-legends without function and want mono.  ;D

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #395 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 00:38:28 »
I'm looking at GMK shanshui. They seem to be able to run new molds (monolegends and sublegends) at a very decent price. Not sure if it is in part due to the colour (or lackthereof).

Offline Naddinn

« Reply #396 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 10:44:59 »
How can a norse set with runes not support the Icelandic layout?

Offline R4YN3

« Reply #397 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 20:41:23 »
This is my absolute most favorite set ever. I am really sorry to hear about no mono set, but that still won't stop me from buying every single kit that will be on offer! I am really hoping for a RAMA that is a single rune engraved on a metal keycap. I would buy the heck out of that!!

Offline manaorme

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 03:11:09 »
This is my absolute most favorite set ever. I am really sorry to hear about no mono set, but that still won't stop me from buying every single kit that will be on offer! I am really hoping for a RAMA that is a single rune engraved on a metal keycap. I would buy the heck out of that!!

+1 for RAMA

Offline jackrabbit

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 17:52:06 »
Seriously, a single rune on a metal rama would be such a home run. I hope this happens.
"I like my keyboards thunderous and my plates stiff." -Maledicted