Author Topic: [IC] IRON165 by Smith + Rune, Round 2 (MORE BOARDS OFFERED, GB TOMORROW!!)  (Read 158232 times)

Offline Luxo

Re: [IC] IRON165 by Smith + Rune, Round 2 (BIG UPDATES, US PRICING, GB TIME!)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 17:09:20 »
Will the graphite color be exactly the same as the first iron165 round? From the renders it looks a bit different and more... grainy (love it!)? Looking forward to this! Must for me!

Offline ImNewToThis

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 09:25:02 »
What is everyone's experience with the fcfs/raffle system? I understand the its purpose is to prevent scalping, but I also feel like it's preventing genuine buyers from being able to buy the board that they want. Any thoughts?

Offline Maximyss

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 12:04:11 »
Hoping to find some extra cash for this, I've always wanted a keeb w/ a cool badge somewhere on it

Offline bastienff

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:42:12 »
damn! i want it so bad!, but it's not hotswap  :'(

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 05:03:23 »
I was dead set on Red one since I saw the first few pics on discord. But the Midnight Teal kinda growing on me as the GB's date getting closer.
Also would like to know if POM plate could be added to GB?

Offline Kaidesk_Lee

• * Vendor
    • Kaidesk
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 05:16:37 »
Stunning! The teal and grey/pin themes especially.

Offline winds10

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:42:51 »
So it appears there will be extra badges sold by themselves, and not as a part of the weight/badge bundle?

Offline steelykeeb

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:41:06 »
will there be a round 3? because if there won't be one im joining right now

Offline Vidhur100

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 21:17:59 »
They expressed plans for more iterations like a iron 265 I believe but not 100% sure. And a pc in stock version will be out in like q3 of 2022 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 21:49:25 »
Interested in Teal.

Offline lbaron

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 10:23:58 »
So it appears there will be extra badges sold by themselves, and not as a part of the weight/badge bundle?

We are only selling weight & badges as a bundle right now during the GB.  We will be ordering a lot of extra badges only to stock in our S+R store incase any R1 or R2 owners are looking for just a badge.

Will the graphite color be exactly the same as the first iron165 round? From the renders it looks a bit different and more... grainy (love it!)? Looking forward to this! Must for me!

We will try to get it as close to possible as R1, but slight differences in ano baths is to be expected.  Surface finish should be the same as the first round and iron180, just the renders are a little grainy.

I was dead set on Red one since I saw the first few pics on discord. But the Midnight Teal kinda growing on me as the GB's date getting closer.
Also would like to know if POM plate could be added to GB?

We will not be selling any plastic plates during the GB, however the iron165 plate file is available on our github if you wish to get one cut.  There are plenty of inexpensive POM cutters :)

Not for a while (1 year+) as we want to work on other designs and layouts.  After this round we will have more than 2000 iron165s in circulation which we are happy with for now.

What is everyone's experience with the fcfs/raffle system? I understand the its purpose is to prevent scalping, but I also feel like it's preventing genuine buyers from being able to buy the board that they want. Any thoughts?

Personally I think it's a good system.  Nothing is perfect; Pure raffle (having multiple entries) and pure FCFS (having bots and favoring lower ping), so a hybrid of the two, where you are raffled into a checkout and then becoming FCFS to check out as fast as possible I think is a wonderful combination of both.  It neither favors bots (limiting their chances of entry) nor raffle with multiple entries.   

Offline Randomi

Re: [IC] IRON165 by Smith + Rune, Round 2 (PRICES FOR ALL REGIONS, GB IN 2 DAYS!!)
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 15:26:48 »
"We are adding a small pocket to make it compatible with other JST 65% PCBs on the market"

Are there any hotswap PCB's that would fit?

Offline Vidhur100

Re: [IC] IRON165 by Smith + Rune, Round 2 (PRICES FOR ALL REGIONS, GB IN 2 DAYS!!)
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 17:28:16 »
They expressed plans for more iterations like a iron 265 I believe but not 100% sure. And a pc in stock version will be out in like q3 of 2022 I believe

Just saw my mistakes I meant 2021

Offline Tenturo

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 02:15:19 »
I feel like at this price, especially $425 for a 65%, brass weight should be included and in the base configuration. And then you have the option to go to the copper or stainless for an additional cost like you already have. Same thoughts I had for the Iron180, and the pretty hefty up charge to get a brass bottom. Board looks great, but not sure why you are charging so much for an all aluminum board in the base configuration at $425.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 08:15:32 »
I feel like at this price, especially $425 for a 65%, brass weight should be included and in the base configuration. And then you have the option to go to the copper or stainless for an additional cost like you already have. Same thoughts I had for the Iron180, and the pretty hefty up charge to get a brass bottom. Board looks great, but not sure why you are charging so much for an all aluminum board in the base configuration at $425.

R1 was $475 and included the brass weight.

R2 is $424 + $90 if you want the brass weight.

Definitely a jump and I agree that at this price point, I'm expecting heft, but the price difference from the first round isn't a ton.

Offline Randomi

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 08:49:00 »
How much does this weigh without the addon weights? And how much weight do they add?

Offline Domantas

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 09:50:16 »
Hey I heard that USA increased units to 500, may eu increased to 400 at least because now it is hardest to win raffle in eu

Offline lbaron

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:22:15 »
How much does this weigh without the addon weights? And how much weight do they add?

Base kit around 3lbs.  The base aluminum accent pieces weigh about 4oz, the add-on weights 12-14oz, so when you build with them about 3.5lbs

Material prices have gone up a lot this past year!  We wanted to offer a less expensive option for those that don't care about weight or the look of brass/copper/stainless but still have that option for those that do.  I'm sorry you don't like the price of the board, but a lot goes into making it.

Offline Poesjuh

Re: [IC] IRON165 by Smith + Rune, Round 2 (MORE BOARDS OFFERED, GB TOMORROW!!)
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 12:06:54 »
Hey I heard that USA increased units to 500, may eu increased to 400 at least because now it is hardest to win raffle in eu
I think you may underestimate the difference in size of the NA market versus the EU market.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 12:09:46 »
I don't remember the exact numbers from R1, but NA was sold out in < 10 minutes. EU was several hours.

Unless new information has come out and interest has exploded in EU, I would say it makes sense for more to be available in NA.

Offline thatonekid

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 14:54:12 »
"We are adding a small pocket to make it compatible with other JST 65% PCBs on the market"

Are there any hotswap PCB's that would fit?

I also need to know this, I'm new to keyboards and looking for a 65%er and this one looks beautiful. Apparently the chances of getting it are hard, so My fallback is the ikki68 aurora.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 16:55:22 »
I don't remember the exact numbers from R1, but NA was sold out in < 10 minutes. EU was several hours.

Unless new information has come out and interest has exploded in EU, I would say it makes sense for more to be available in NA.

If you talk about gb year ago then eu community was nothing like that. It basically formed last year, also you have to take consideration into that there was not a lot info / prototypes of iron165 especially on EU vendors.

Last year quantity of vendors doubled. It should be similar situation which was with iron180, because that one is up to date with community size. But since there is not a lot of comments writing about eu size, one can hope interest and quantity is just on point, though I haven't check situation with iron 180 maybe it was double interest than quantity of boards. Thus I am not saying we need 500, but at least small increase because obviously canada community boards ratio is way off and eu is now getting most rought boards interested ratio (before usa)

And since you guess community is not huge enough in eu, why eu use raffle at first place, isn't raffle used when quantity is low and interest is high?
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 18:18:37 by Domantas »

Offline winds10

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 17:00:49 »

Base kit around 3lbs.  The base aluminum accent pieces weigh about 4oz, the add-on weights 12-14oz, so when you build with them about 3.5lbs

Material prices have gone up a lot this past year!  We wanted to offer a less expensive option for those that don't care about weight or the look of brass/copper/stainless but still have that option for those that do.  I'm sorry you don't like the price of the board, but a lot goes into making it.

Base weight at 3 lbs is excellent. I for one like the less expensive option over an obligatory weight that adds extra cost.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 12:49:04 »
To join the raffle you need to join the Koi Raffle System Discord. The following link should be the invite, otherwise google for it: https://discord.gg/yxqVMrw
After joining the discord you need to verify yourself in the registration channel (should be the only channel you can see) to verify just press the thumbs up reaction on the bot-post in that channel like over 9k others have. After doing so you will get the verified role (your name is blue and you can access the verified channel).

It should be noted that you can't verify in Discord unless you supply your phone number. Why on Earth are you using such complicated system, and why does it need my phone number?

Offline Randomi

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 13:54:11 »
To join the raffle you need to join the Koi Raffle System Discord. The following link should be the invite, otherwise google for it: https://discord.gg/yxqVMrw
After joining the discord you need to verify yourself in the registration channel (should be the only channel you can see) to verify just press the thumbs up reaction on the bot-post in that channel like over 9k others have. After doing so you will get the verified role (your name is blue and you can access the verified channel).

It should be noted that you can't verify in Discord unless you supply your phone number. Why on Earth are you using such complicated system, and why does it need my phone number?

If they didn’t require a phone number, it might be too easy to create multiple accounts and cheat in raffle?

Offline Techlet

« Reply #225 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 16:11:51 »
Yup, this at the very least makes it harder for people to cheese the raffle.

And really, you should already have 2FA enabled for your Discord regardless.

Offline winds10

« Reply #226 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 22:29:03 »
Unsuccessful in acquiring R2 Iron165! Super bummed. Will you ever consider offering the aluminum body Iron165 as in-stock purchase? This is literally the only kb I want! Thanks.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #227 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 01:21:42 »

I mean, if you can get a bunch of phonenumbers at 1$/pop, the profit still outweights the cost. Sure it's harder, but thinking it'll stop some people is pretty naive. And 2FA isn't enough apparently, I got that enabled.
Oh well, maybe in the next round...

Offline Randomi

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 09:00:42 »

I mean, if you can get a bunch of phonenumbers at 1$/pop, the profit still outweights the cost. Sure it's harder, but thinking it'll stop some people is pretty naive. And 2FA isn't enough apparently, I got that enabled.
Oh well, maybe in the next round...

Why didn't you just add phonenumber to Discord?

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 11:03:08 »
I have gotten the teal board but was having a hard time thinking about what keycaps would fit the board, could you give us an idea about the colorcode for the teal variant?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 11:16:22 »
Graphite & Stainless Steel with Forged Carbon Plate Secured.  Very happy.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Lord_Rabel

• The geek that doctors trust.
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 11:34:41 »
Graphite & Stainless Steel with Forged Carbon Plate Secured.  Very happy.

I'm so jealous! This would be my config too, but I think I didn't win the raffle...
But I wish you a nice build!

Offline Glychd

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 00:11:57 »
Secured a teal board, super excited :D What keycap set is that in the renders for the teal board by the way?

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 00:52:23 »
Secured a teal board, super excited :D What keycap set is that in the renders for the teal board by the way?

GMK Solarized Dark

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 01:01:54 »

GMK Solarized Dark
That one is a given. Maybe Hammerhead or even Finer Things? Very pretty color but not the easiest to complement.

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 01:41:02 »

GMK Solarized Dark
That one is a given. Maybe Hammerhead or even Finer Things? Very pretty color but not the easiest to complement.

Lots of great sets ran, currently running or will run soon.
Birch matches perfectly, Iceberg, Earth tones, Retrocast,, basically anything with a teal accent or base color.

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 03:48:31 »

GMK Solarized Dark

Lots of great sets ran, currently running or will run soon.
Birch matches perfectly, Iceberg, Earth tones, Retrocast,, basically anything with a teal accent or base color.
Even good ol' MoDo

Offline Lord_Rabel

• The geek that doctors trust.
« Reply #237 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 13:22:11 »
Hello!
I can't wait for my Iron, but I have a small question:
Is it possible to get the plate files? I would love to make myself a FR4 plate for the ANSI layout.

Thanks for the help!

Offline nathanchere

Finally got what I *think* is a shipping notification from MyKeyboard. Communication overall on this GB has been... eh.... but better late than never.

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
Finally got what I *think* is a shipping notification from MyKeyboard. Communication overall on this GB has been... eh.... but better late than never.
Confirmed. MKEU is shipping - just received mine in UK.