geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Custom Metal Feet

(1/2) > >>

sarahn27:
I noticed that there seem to be one option for keyboard feet out there, that one being those cheap anodized aluminum cone-shaped ones. So I made some custom turned metal foot prototypes.

fpazos:
This is cool but most of current keyboard cases doesn't need feet. Only the "cheap" flat alu cases from Aliexpress.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: fpazos on Mon, 04 March 2024, 02:43:39 ---This is cool but most of current keyboard cases doesn't need feet. Only the "cheap" flat alu cases from Aliexpress.

--- End quote ---
Depends...
Lots of cases lack feet, not just aluminum ones.

Besides, maybe OP wants a custom angle or a different look. Options are good.

sarahn27:

--- Quote from: fpazos on Mon, 04 March 2024, 02:43:39 ---This is cool but most of current keyboard cases doesn't need feet. Only the "cheap" flat alu cases from Aliexpress.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

For sure, the primary point of these feet is to accompany these flat wood cases that I make.

I also have a higher end case in the works with a slant built in so you don't need the feet.

https://nulldesignco.com/

LightningXI:
For the most part, the page for cone feet has turned over, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea if a case can be designed around for use of these. That said, perhaps some older keyboard owners (e.g. KMAC 1/1.2/LE) could appreciate something like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version