geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Custom Metal Feet

<< < (2/2)

Uguubox:

--- Quote from: LightningXI on Mon, 04 March 2024, 15:51:40 ---For the most part, the page for cone feet has turned over, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea if a case can be designed around for use of these. That said, perhaps some older keyboard owners (e.g. KMAC 1/1.2/LE) could appreciate something like this.

--- End quote ---

Is there a particular reason why cone feet aren't considered good anymore? I could see them not being trendy just as a matter of design, but is there any negative way they impact sound profile? Sorry new to the topic/haven't listened to many.

sarahn27:

--- Quote from: Uguubox on Mon, 15 April 2024, 07:46:32 ---
--- Quote from: LightningXI on Mon, 04 March 2024, 15:51:40 ---For the most part, the page for cone feet has turned over, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea if a case can be designed around for use of these. That said, perhaps some older keyboard owners (e.g. KMAC 1/1.2/LE) could appreciate something like this.

--- End quote ---

Is there a particular reason why cone feet aren't considered good anymore? I could see them not being trendy just as a matter of design, but is there any negative way they impact sound profile? Sorry new to the topic/haven't listened to many.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't think the shape would impact sound profile at all. I think the design is just outdated, and because they are inexpensive and anodized aluminum instead of something nicer (solid brass or stainless steel, or cerakoted, for example), they are just associated with being cheap and low-value.

Leslieann:
The market got flooded with cheap knock-offs and while there's nothing wrong with them they became the norm so the trend changed.

Uguubox:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Mon, 15 April 2024, 18:18:42 ---The market got flooded with cheap knock-offs and while there's nothing wrong with them they became the norm so the trend changed.

--- End quote ---
Would be keen to hear your feet on a board!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version