Author Topic: [IC] GMK White Wolf 🐺  (Read 136550 times)

Offline Yuray

Re: [IC] GMK White Wolf 🐺
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 06:26:29 »
Looks super promising as someone who loves the universe.

Please add light color alphas kit for those who prefer more contrast between modifiers etc.

The same light greyish color as those from the spacebar kit.

Considering this if there is enough demand. I did want this GB to be simple and cheap though, especially after Lunar.

I would second this. Totally down for a more contrast-like look. Accent colors are all greatly put together.
Good luck for whats to come next.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2020, 06:35:02 by Yuray »

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
Re: [IC] GMK White Wolf
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 11:12:27 »
Please add light color alphas kit for those who prefer more contrast between modifiers etc.

Yeah, this is the play.

Calling it GMK Gwynbleidd would be pretty dope too.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 11:47:43 »

Yeah, this is the play.

Considering this if there is enough demand. I did want this GB to be simple and cheap though, especially after Lunar.

I would second this. Totally down for a more contrast-like look. Accent colors are all greatly put together.

Guys, see 2nd page with proposed alpha kit.

Here’s the link.

Offline Yuray

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 15:39:11 »

Here’s the link.

Ah, i see. Thanks for the heads-up! :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2020, 15:42:03 by Yuray »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 16:09:56 »
Looks great!

Thanks Oldcat. Means a lot, coming from the one of the guys who brought my favorite keyboard to life. 🙃

Already shared this with the chinese keeb community and I can see people are very excited. Good luck with this new project!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 18:16:42 »
Looks great!

Thanks Oldcat. Means a lot, coming from the one of the guys who brought my favorite keyboard to life. 🙃

Already shared this with the chinese keeb community and I can see people are very excited. Good luck with this new project!

🥰 Thanks and right back at you!

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 20:46:46 »

Yeah, this is the play.

Here’s the link.

Those alphas look great. Really excited for this now (if those happen).

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 06:24:12 »
Found some time to update the newest proposed changes. These will unfortunately increase the prices of both base + novelty kits slightly, but it shouldn't be a lot.

240320-0

Changes to core:
- added R3 PgUp
- added R4 PgDn
- 00 removed from numpad
- Lock changed to Scroll
- Enter changed to Return
- Code changed to Super
- all icon mods replaced with text mods

240283-1

Changes to novelties:
- added silver Return key
- re-worked novelties as per suggestions so that they can be used as Home/End/PgDn/PgUp in a more visually cohesive manner

240285-2

Changes to spacebars:
- moved silver spacebars to Sihill kit

240322-3

Changes to silver/alt alphas:
- added silver spacebars
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2020, 07:36:50 by Moridin »

Offline alper_maestro

I see the adjustments worked out nicely.  :thumb:

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 13:34:46 »
Found some time to update the newest proposed changes. These will unfortunately increase the prices of both base + novelty kits slightly, but it shouldn't be a lot.

Changes to core:
- added R3 PgUp
- added R4 PgDn
- 00 removed from numpad
- Lock changed to Scroll
- Code changed to Super

Looks good! Although I don't see a stepped Caps anymore; maybe the 1.75u stepped Control is supposed to be Caps?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 15:34:11 »

Changes to core:
- added R3 PgUp
- added R4 PgDn
- 00 removed from numpad
- Lock changed to Scroll
- Code changed to Super

Looks good! Although I don't see a stepped Caps anymore; maybe the 1.75u stepped Control is supposed to be Caps?

Typo.

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
Definitely liked the icon mods alot better...R.I.P. Text only seems so bleh... unfortunate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2020, 15:42:04 by DERBS »

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
Oh man you are breaking my wallet, i might have to get all the kits now....

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
Text mods now? Rip me :/

Anywho...
- Consideration to change row 2 1.5u backspace text from "Delete" to "Backspace" or two-lined "Back Space" as to not have double "Delete"s for those that split backspace and have delete on on their 65%-75% (and even split backspace TKL users)?
- No text "Return" for the numpad?
- "Hmm", "****", and "Roach" novelties are pretty ridiculous
- Bummer for the row 4 1.5u novelty users
- You're missing row 1 1u pipe for Sihill
- Bummer for no Sihill numpad

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

1. Ridiculously awesome
2. Yeah, I like when the alt kits are like GMK Honey or Coral and have the numpad alphas. I get it though, that's a fraction of a fraction of users. I may have to polish off the pad printing of GMK redacted (also 2M)...

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
- Consideration to change row 2 1.5u backspace text from "Delete" to "Backspace" or two-lined "Back Space" as to not have double "Delete"s for those that split backspace and have delete on on their 65%-75% (and even split backspace TKL users)?

+1 to these points. I didn't even notice the 1.5u Backspace was “Delete”. I really don't like it when sets do that, for the exact reason you stated. That being said, one-line “Backspace”, please; two lines would break the cohesive appearance of the rest of the text legends.

As for the numpad, “Enter” can be used instead of “Return”, which doesn't fit on 1u wide keycaps. In fact, “Enter” better matches what the numpad Enter key does on systems that differentiate between Return and Enter (*nix and macOS), so it's the appropriate text legend to use.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2020, 18:36:59 by konstantin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Text mods now? Rip me :/

Anywho...
- Bummer for the row 4 1.5u novelty users

1. I can do Backspace. I prefer Delete on 1.5u because it makes the key look cleaner and I don’t use a second Delete so not an issue but I see your point. It would be single-line to match the rest.
2. KLE missed a save. See 5.
4. Balancing price. 😕
5. I just checked my screenshots as I go along and KLE seems to have just reverted back. Ugh. Missed it when getting final shots. Will fix.
6. Pricing reasons.

+1 to these points. I didn't even notice the 1.5u Backspace was “Delete”. I really don't like it when sets do that, for the exact reason you stated. That being said, one-line “Backspace”, please; two lines would break the cohesive appearance of the rest of the text legends.

As for the numpad, “Enter” can be used instead of “Return”, which doesn't fit on 1u wide keycaps. In fact, “Enter” better matches what the numpad Enter key does on systems that differentiate between Return and Enter (*nix and macOS), so it's the appropriate text legend to use.

I personally prefer both legends to match so I went with Return. I think the only software I use thst still differentiates between the two is Photoshop for Mac.

Edit

Does anyone know if QMK differentiates KC_KP_ENTER (Keypad Enter) from KC_ENTER? I assume so but since I don’t have a full keeb with a numpad, I can’t verify.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:03:04 by Moridin »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
I personally prefer both legends to match so I went with Return. I think the only software I use thst still differentiates between the two is Photoshop for Mac.
Are you sure a numpad Return mold exists? I don't think it would fit on the key, and I don't know any sets that use it.

Does anyone know if QMK differentiates KC_KP_ENTER (Keypad Enter) from KC_ENTER? I assume so but since I don’t have a full keeb with a numpad, I can’t verify.
Yes, they are different scancodes as per the USB HID specification. Windows assigns the same VK code to them, however, while *nix and macOS keep them as separate keys.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Are you sure a numpad Return mold exists? I don't think it would fit on the key, and I don't know any sets that use it.

Yes, they are different scancodes as per the USB HID specification. Windows assigns the same VK code to them, however, while *nix and macOS keep them as separate keys.

Re 1: Space Cadet, off the top of my head. I’m sure there must be others.
Re 2: Thanks.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re 1: Space Cadet, off the top of my head. I’m sure there must be others.

Good to know, thanks! I checked Crimson Cadet and assumed Space Cadet used the same legends. If anyone can think of any other sets, please let me know.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

https://drop.com/talk/1646/gmk-oblivion-now-live-at-keyclack

GMK oblivion R1? R2 uses enter, at least on my monochrome set.

Offline alper_maestro

When I read your comment like this, I don't think you will give enough appreciation to this project. Not a real Witcher fan I understand.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2020, 02:22:56 by alper_maestro »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Reposting all kits, hopefully all fixed this time.

- changed R2 1.5u Delete to Backspace as per request
- changed numpad icon carriage return to Return
- added R1 1u |\ to Sihill
- fixed legend on stepped Caps Lock — label now reads "Caps"

240324-0
240326-1
240328-2
240330-3

Offline gt1989

Reposting all kits, hopefully all fixed this time.

- changed R2 1.5u Delete to Backspace as per request
- changed numpad icon carriage return to Return
- added R1 1u |\ to Sihill
- fixed legend on stepped Caps Lock — label now reads "Caps"

This looks great, will be keeping an eye on it.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Damn! I forgot to change my KLE mockup template to White Wolf from Gwynbleidd. 😅

Anyway, since I'm typing away, made a new Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/g5ekug/ic_gmk_white_wolf_updated_kits_incl_novelties/

Offline Nivengoh

Hmm love the overall aesthetic, would be nice to have icons from the other schools as well, like bear, cat, viper and griffin. And for the signs i feel like it would be more cool and appropriate to have the so call font colours to be the same as the signs colour (Aard-blue, Ignis-Red,Quen-Orange, Yrden-Purple,Axii-Green). But overall just my 2cents, im just glad finally someone made a Witcher theme.
KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Hmm love the overall aesthetic, would be nice to have icons from the other schools as well, like bear, cat, viper and griffin. And for the signs i feel like it would be more cool and appropriate to have the so call font colours to be the same as the signs colour (Aard-blue, Ignis-Red,Quen-Orange, Yrden-Purple,Axii-Green). But overall just my 2cents, im just glad finally someone made a Witcher theme.

This has been suggested. Please check answers to feedback on page 2 of this thread.

Offline steezkeez

Silver alphas make this a cop for me

Offline refkeys

I would love to see more renders with the new light alphas and combinations of the accent keys! Unless they're here somewhere in this thread and I can't find them.

I know you've already addressed it, but I want to throw in my support for giving the Ciri and Yennefer enter keys novelty designs instead of just text so it still seems Witcher themed if you use the accent caps instead of the Geralt sword caps, and more novelties in general (such as additional swords). Also interested in unique witcher-style fonts, but I understand that may blow the price out.

Final purely personal preference comment is that I'd prefer the whole sword to feature on the novelty key, not partial.

Looks pretty cool!

Offline Solotov

Just make another modifier kit with Fu*k in all mod keys and I’m in
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline sevenseacat

Am I the first person to request a Colemak kit? No? Can we please have one? If not I'll just get the novelties because they're so pretty

Offline bananasplit_00

I am for sure buying the novelties, probably nothing else but i need those novelties lmao

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Am I the first person to request a Colemak kit? No? Can we please have one? If not I'll just get the novelties because they're so pretty

Sorry, not enough demand. Won’t hit 100 MOQ.

Offline sevenseacat

Ah well. Just novelties for me then.

Offline Raptor_N60

The text novelties lol ;D ;D ;D

You should update the IC form in the op with the newest kits :thumb:

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
I'm gonna lose so much money on this set :-\

Offline Slayer77

Great set!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline Chromavoid

I'm in for this whenever it goes live.  I just filled out the IC form, and noticed you are thinking of a alt color alpha set, which was my only "request".  Other than that, looking forward to it!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I'm in for this whenever it goes live.  I just filled out the IC form, and noticed you are thinking of a alt color alpha set, which was my only "request".  Other than that, looking forward to it!

I didn’t add the alpha set to the IC form, because it would unrealistically not be updated by all the responders, but you there will be one. See here:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105691.msg2891806#msg2891806

Offline Slayer77

I didn’t add the alpha set to the IC form, because it would unrealistically not be updated by all the responders, but you there will be one. See here:

I love your designs, but I am afraid that due to custom novelties in base, this doesn't drive up base kit price like lunar. Looks great though!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

I love your designs, but I am afraid that due to custom novelties in base, this doesn't drive up base kit price like lunar. Looks great though!

Base should be around 110-120 with a little bit of luck. I don’t foresee it going up to 130.

Offline Slayer77

Base should be around 110-120 with a little bit of luck. I don’t foresee it going up to 130.
That's amazing! Novelty in base is something I would like to see more rather than 60$ huge novelty kits!

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no

Excellent news, looking forward to this

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Tentative GB date: July 2020. More details soon.

Offline mark.l.ashworth

Hi Moridin, is there any chance you’ll be producing an international kit? I’m new to custom mechanical board world and have my heart set on the base kit and novelties. But I’m in the UK and don’t see an available set of R1 caps for the UK.

Offline deathjester

Hi Moridin, is there any chance you’ll be producing an international kit? I’m new to custom mechanical board world and have my heart set on the base kit and novelties. But I’m in the UK and don’t see an available set of R1 caps for the UK.

Agreed,  although most of them are there; it's just 2/" 3/£ and '/@ which are missing; the rest of the ISO layout is there (I think), feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline mark.l.ashworth

Agreed,  although most of them are there; it's just 2/" 3/£ and '/@ which are missing; the rest of the ISO layout is there (I think), feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
That’s correct, is it normal to improvise or would you consider adding these three caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

That’s correct, is it normal to improvise or would you consider adding these three caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there are too few ISO buyers to make this viable since it would increase the base price for everyone and probably not hit MOQ if it was a standalone kit. The most basic ISO support is included though.

Offline mark.l.ashworth

Thanks for the reply, I’m surprised there isn’t any call for an international pack as the Witcher is massive throughout Europe. Would it increase the cost to much to add addition caps into the Zireael range?
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2020, 05:50:24 by mark.l.ashworth »