Author Topic: Aluminum alloy anodizing shell for poker and race round 2,finished,start package  (Read 135330 times)

Offline wilsongunawan

that pink poker.. can't wait till i got my pink race..
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
Very nice alu poker case, waiting for your same product with Filco TKL :P

me, too :x ... waitingggggg

Offline Acanthophis

Damn!
Should've taken all the colours!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
that pink poker.. can't wait till i got my pink race..

x2!!! Looks so good! They are all looking great imsto!

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
That green looks nice.  Hopefully there'll be a couple green pure cases to buy...

Offline chaumeow

• Does not like onions.
*___* So jealous! Ah, the shells look amazing!!
Filco White Tenkeyless Ninja- Cherry MX Red | Das Black Model S - Cherry MX Blue | Matias Tactile Pro

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
damn! the pink :(

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
Damn those look nice
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline pmh1410

Waiting for Filco Alu case designe by IMSTO :P.
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
If possible, please ship international marked Gift

Offline Acanthophis

If possible, please ship international marked Gift
And put $25 as value.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
if marked as gift, value shouldnt matter?

Offline Acanthophis

It does here in Germany...

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
arranging the packaging and shipping now.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Will there be any extras, or an opportunity to place an order for one in the future?

If anyone needs to sell their poker case send me a PM.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
Will there be any extras, or an opportunity to place an order for one in the future?

If anyone needs to sell their poker case send me a PM.

read post on top of this page

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
Hi imsto,

what is the shipping weight/ weight of the case?

Offline stephenpark

arranging the packaging and shipping now.

Wow really? We all really happy for that! So we can see the case before Christmas!!!! OMG! I have to wait some days more, ha ha, however it's great news.
KBT Race with 48g white stem, Yellow SMD type double LED each key, Black aluminum plate included ^^

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
sure u will get the casings befoe the christmas.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
Pretty ****ing excited =)

this will definately be the best upgrade possible for my keyboard

Offline WhiteRice

sure u will get the casings befoe the christmas.

Notice that he didn't indicate a year... jk jk

Offline h2oxide

So these were shipped 1/11?

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
It takes a couple of days to package and send out 30 cases I think...

Offline h2oxide

Hehe of course, was just checking

Offline stephenpark

Anyway... I hope that there will not be any damage during transpotation...
I believe that IMSTO will make good and nice protective parcel... if my case get any scratches, I shall kill the postman.. urrr...
JK JK JK ;-)
KBT Race with 48g white stem, Yellow SMD type double LED each key, Black aluminum plate included ^^

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
Anyway... I hope that there will not be any damage during transpotation...
I believe that IMSTO will make good and nice protective parcel... if my case get any scratches, I shall kill the postman.. urrr...
JK JK JK ;-)
eh   it's easy to get a metal gun in US, u may kill the all the post man with finger print on the package   haha
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
have u shipped them imsto? :G

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
These are already shipping inside China.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
Owwwkay not really sure that answered my question as I dont live in china..

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
Owwwkay not really sure that answered my question as I dont live in china..

That means he will probably ship yours very soon.
Don't get me wrong, but you seem to be more excited than everyone else. So, calm down and relax.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Who ordered the green one?!  Man that looks so badass!!!

Offline Acanthophis

Who ordered the green one?!  Man that looks so badass!!!
Indeed, I should've ordered it in green :/

Offline jeroplane

Damn, I really hope a few of those green ones will be available for sale later on!

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
@imsto do you have any green spares? =)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Could you link to any of your spares on taobao imsto?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline stephenpark

I GOT MINE. SO QUICK!!!! Thanks IMSTO....!!
It has nice quality but... small thing, has little scraches and melted point inside of case, it doesn't matter because when you put everything
together, almost you can't see this, however, 2 points are so near by top... I know what it is...
During the anodizing process, case must be hanging in the chemical, when you hang it, use sort of metal clip, and the process use high
voltage of current so point of clip which hold the case will be melted if you don't be careful... becasue I know this, I understand this.

But.. little sad because mine is not that PERFECT... it's ok though. Nice job, imsto. Thanks a lot.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
pics are mandatory.

Offline stephenpark

Ok this is mandatory shot ;)

Everything is OK except this is what I've mentioned at my last post.

This is not a scraches or bad spek. It is from CNC work mistake.

This is from Anodizing process. It is made by hanger clip. You can see each point is mented down.

This is same point but another degree shot. This kind of "Melted and non-coloured point" is at each inside of case.

Little sad... :(

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
ha we did try to make them as art work. but it's realy not easy to control everyone to the same quality and in the perfect condition.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop

Offline h2oxide

ouch stephenpark! Hopefully my case won't have that since its silver

Offline stephenpark

ha we did try to make them as art work. but it's realy not easy to control everyone to the same quality and in the perfect condition.
I know, imsto. I'm not blaming you. I told you that I did this kind of work myself for my custom keyboard, so I know how much it is
difficult. Moreover, you did these cases, not only one. So it is very hard to control everything, every step and procedures. However,
you can ask and complaint to person or company who did this, so they can do it again if it is really their mistake.
Then you can have more perfect product and everybody will be more happy. Anyway, good job and many thanks, dude.

Offline Acanthophis

So, even if it does, who cares? Your PCB? The air between PCB and case wall? Your surface of choice where you put the keyboard?
Ever looked into a wheel case of a car? It's pretty ugly down there compared to the other surfaces of the car. Why is that? Because it doesn't need to be pretty. Noone fukking cares for parts which aren't visible to the viewer...

So the question would be: Why do you care?
stephenpark already stated that those marks can be a side effect of the production process.
Another question: When you buy new keycaps, do you also hope for no sprue marks?

TL;DR::)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
^^^ It's part of the process. Those are some of the best spots to hide these unavoidable deflects. I've seen anoidizers (****ty ones) weld the hooks onto the exterior/showing face and not give two bothers. The spots that this anodizer has chosen are pretty good if you ask me.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
For those "scratch" marks, that's unavoidable. During anodizing, there will HAVE to be some part of the case that does not get etched to take up color because the connection wire has to make contact somewhere. One possible workaround is to hook the wire inside a screw hole. That screw hole won't take up the color, but the mandatory screw will cover it up anyways.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
So, even if it does, who cares? Your PCB? The air between PCB and case wall? Your surface of choice where you put the keyboard?
Ever looked into a wheel case of a car? It's pretty ugly down there compared to the other surfaces of the car. Why is that? Because it doesn't need to be pretty. Noone fukking cares for parts which aren't visible to the viewer...

stephenpark already stated that those marks can be a side effect of the production process.
Another question: When you buy new keycaps, do you also hope for no sprue marks?

do you even own a Race? You can see the inner part of the sides pretty easily when backlit. And yeah I would too care if there was "cnc mistakes" on the back of the case. If you don't then good for you... I agree it's probably impossible to achieve perfect quality, especially in this price range, but it's still a premium product and I will join h2oxide in his prayers for silver cases not having as obvious markings.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 17:07:06 by Cindori »

Offline stephenpark

do you even own a Race? You can see the inner part of the sides pretty easily when backlit. And yeah I would too care if there was "cnc mistakes" on the back of the case. If you don't then good for you... I agree it's probably impossible to achieve perfect quality, especially in this price range, but it's still a premium product and I will join h2oxide in his prayers for silver cases not having as obvious markings.

I really don't want be a part of thses arguments, but frankly, yes, I do care even inside or wherever any mistake.
My car? Car is different, is outdoor thing, there will be lots of dirt if you drive.
I and many others "collect" the rare keyboard part and "we" do care about inside and outside, it doesn't matter whether it's exposed or not. Becasue it must be my "PERFECT COLLECTION"
These "melted spot" is unavoidable? Yes, it is not avoidable but can be really "Minimized" if maker does care.
And you must not use "screw hole" for this because you can not put the bolt after anodizing.

I will SANDING and ANODIZING again my case, for me, important is the case itself.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 17:51:23 by stephenpark »

Offline Acanthophis

No I don't. And I don't see how this correlates with my context.
All I did was mocking h2oxide for his wording. Especially the "ouch" angered me a little.

I fully understand that people want the best for their money and seek perfection as close as possible.
What I don't like is the ratio of complaining vs. complementing.
stephenpark had a healthy mix. h2oxide didn't. That's all.

I really don't want be a part of thses arguments, but frankly, yes, I do care even inside or wherever any mistake.
My car? Car is different, is outdoor thing, there will be lots of dirt if you drive.
I and many others "collect" the rare keyboard part and "we" do care about inside and outside, it doesn't matter whether it's exposed or not. Becasue it must be my "PERFECT COLLECTION"
These "melted spot" is unavoidable? Yes, it is not avoidable but can be really "Minimized" if maker does care.
And you must not use "screw hole" for this because you can not put the bolt after anodizing.

I will SANDING and ANODIZING again my case, for me, important is the case itself.
Again, I fully understand your point on the case being as close to perfection as humanly possible.
I know how crazy someone can get for that drive to perfection. For some things I also have this "madness".
I also know many keyboard enthusiasts over at Korea take this drive very seriously.
But, in all respect, if you do so, take more money and ensure yourself getting a perfect case.
If you buy a Daewoo you also shouldn't expect the quality of a Porsche.
If you want the quality of a Porsche, get more money and buy one. Simple.

As for the car reference: I took a brandnew car into account. The cases are brandnew as well. If the cases are already in use for a couple of months signs of wear are inevitable.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:38:11 by DeathAdder »

Offline Thion

Any chance for another round?

Offline stephenpark

But, in all respect, if you do so, take more money and ensure yourself getting a perfect case.
If you buy a Daewoo you also shouldn't expect the quality of a Porsche.
If you want the quality of a Porsche, get more money and buy one. Simple.

As for the car reference: I took a brandnew car into account. The cases are brandnew as well. If the cases are already in use for a couple of months signs of wear are inevitable.

!!! This is Porsche, man!
Do you know where I can buy ALUMINUM RACE CASE except imsto? Let me know, plz.
This case is ONLY alu-case for Race at this very moment. You compare Daewoo and Porsche, this case is as same as Porsche.
Do you wanna buy any ABS or Plastic case for over 180$???
Yes, I am keyboard enthusiasts but don't have that madness. I said to everyone that I know the process, and how this kind of thing
should happen, so I understand. Not complaining.
If I want complain any, I would like to send personal e-mail to imsto, not here.
I explain everything here because I know somebody else may have same thing, I want make sure that these things are understandable.

Ok, if nobody has same problem like me, then mine is real bad one and I'm so unlucky. In this case, I'll ask Imsto that I want change.
If I don't, I'm just an idiot.
But there should be many like mine, so I gave information and advice that these things are not big deal, just take it easy and enjoy.

However, the turth is, Imsto did a tremendous job. I would like to give thanks to him. That's it. No more argument.

P.S. There is no more Daewoo Motors in Korea. GM has bought it so now it is Chevrolet. ;)