Author Topic: 【IC】SP Window View ! BIG UPDARE:12/19/2021!  (Read 4928 times)

Offline KIGA

• 无法简介
【IC】SP Window View ! BIG UPDARE:12/19/2021!
« on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 07:53:45 »

Hi everyone, this is KIGA.

This interest check is for SP Window View.

Interest Check Form

(I would be really grateful if you could spend a couple of minutes to give us some feedback.)

This set has been inspired by WindowSwap (WindowSwap.com).
As their slogan said: WindowSwap is here to fill that deep void in our wanderlust hearts by allowing us to look through someone else's window, somewhere in the world.
They did it, I feel warm and love from there. So I designed this sp Window View.

This set is intended to be produced by Signature Plastics in doubleshot ABS in the 1-2-3-4-4 sculpted SA profile.

For updates to our current projects and future ones, please join our discord and follow us over Instagram at the links below.

EU        :           
UK        :             
US        :                           
CANADA    :             
OCEANIA   :           
SEA          :     
China       : 
KOREA     :               
JAPAN     :             

I am already in talks with a few artisan / cable makers. If you are interested feel free to contact me.

If you want to support this project please add this signature and spread the word. Thanks !
To add a signature go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115620.0][img width=320 height=87]https://imgur.com/EXTM1YY.jpg[/img][/url]

Thanks for everyone who likes my work.

Changelog
11 Dec: IC posted!
19 Dec:Kit edited and add renders.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2021, 05:13:23 by KIGA »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Re: 【IC】SP Window View - Let's open the window
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 07:56:59 »
Images are not loading

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline KIGA

• 无法简介
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 08:05:56 »
Images are not loading

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Thanks

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 08:13:31 »
This set isn't ready for an IC. You need to fix your kitting - there are too many issues to list right now, but start with a base kit.

Offline KIGA

• 无法简介
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 08:26:54 »
This set isn't ready for an IC. You need to fix your kitting - there are too many issues to list right now, but start with a base kit.
Thanks,modifing now

Offline sebastian7777

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 09:18:03 »
oh i love WindowSwap
Love geekhack. Love life.

From UK and life Shanghai.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 10:45:24 »

What SA sets have a base kit? I think this set is plenty read for an IC considering other sets posted recently.

Edit: The modifiers kit does need a few changes. Remove the 1.5u shift and replace it with a 2.25u. Also, there are two pipe keys so replace one of those with a 1.5u backspace for hhkb. A r3 1.75u control key would also be a nice touch. The accent supers are a bit odd, but I  think it could be a nice touch so you can keep those. Finally, please add a tilde key in the alphas kit, since only mod tilde is available atm.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 December 2021, 10:50:08 by Neely_12 »

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiß die forties durch den club
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 16:12:31 »
Unless there's an alt alpha or 40s mod kit I'm not seeing I don't understand why mods and alphas should be split into two.

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 19:39:07 »

What SA sets have a base kit? I think this set is plenty read for an IC considering other sets posted recently.

There's only one alphas kit and only one TKL kit. 99% of users will have to buy both. So put them together into a base kit.

There needs to be a separate spacebar kit, because 6 spacebars in the base kit is absurd and will cost a million dollars. That spacebar kit needs split spacebars (why is the alice 'B' in the alphas kit if there's no split space available??).

ISO is its own kit for some reason - it should be in the base. It has 1.25 shift, but there's also one in the mods kit. The >/< key is in alphas for some reason. There's a 1.5 shift in mods which is basically useless outside of 40s, and two mod pipes in the mod kit.

There are no size labels on anything except spacebars. No row indicators on anything except alphas kit. No indication of whether homing keys are scoops / bars / whatever. The '/" key is rendered in bold for some reason. There's only one board rendered.

There are no R4 1.25 novelties. There are no fn keys at all. There's no options for split backspace.

If OP's vision is to just have this fit one or two layouts then that's fine, but just bundle everything into a single base kit instead of splitting it up and making people pay more. Right now it's missing a bunch of keys, has a bunch of unnecessary extra keys, has far too many spacebars, has half support for a number of layouts (tsangan, alice), it's missing a bunch of important information in the kitting renders, and it has only a single board rendered.

Offline KIGA

• 无法简介
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 21:18:08 »

There's only one alphas kit and only one TKL kit. 99% of users will have to buy both. So put them together into a base kit.

There needs to be a separate spacebar kit, because 6 spacebars in the base kit is absurd and will cost a million dollars. That spacebar kit needs split spacebars (why is the alice 'B' in the alphas kit if there's no split space available??).

ISO is its own kit for some reason - it should be in the base. It has 1.25 shift, but there's also one in the mods kit. The >/< key is in alphas for some reason. There's a 1.5 shift in mods which is basically useless outside of 40s, and two mod pipes in the mod kit.

There are no size labels on anything except spacebars. No row indicators on anything except alphas kit. No indication of whether homing keys are scoops / bars / whatever. The '/" key is rendered in bold for some reason. There's only one board rendered.

There are no R4 1.25 novelties. There are no fn keys at all. There's no options for split backspace.

If OP's vision is to just have this fit one or two layouts then that's fine, but just bundle everything into a single base kit instead of splitting it up and making people pay more. Right now it's missing a bunch of keys, has a bunch of unnecessary extra keys, has far too many spacebars, has half support for a number of layouts (tsangan, alice), it's missing a bunch of important information in the kitting renders, and it has only a single board rendered.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Since it is the first time to design a keycap, many work preparations are not enough. I will continue to improve.

Offline KIGA

• 无法简介
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 21:19:03 »

Edit: The modifiers kit does need a few changes. Remove the 1.5u shift and replace it with a 2.25u. Also, there are two pipe keys so replace one of those with a 1.5u backspace for hhkb. A r3 1.75u control key would also be a nice touch. The accent supers are a bit odd, but I  think it could be a nice touch so you can keep those. Finally, please add a tilde key in the alphas kit, since only mod tilde is available atm.
Thanks. I will continue to improve.

Offline kylekwong1

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 22:25:07 »
If you don't plan to have alt alpha or alt mod, then why not just combine them into a base kit

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 13:12:56 »
this was acceptable kitting in 2016 but now you should just have it as all one kit, with extension, novelties, and ISO as needed. this will also slightly reduce the wholesale price for you.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 17:57:09 »
I could be wrong but I think SP only makes 1-1-2-3-4-3. I think only Domikey does double-shot SA in 1-1-2-3-4-4.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 20:31:49 »
I could be wrong but I think SP only makes 1-1-2-3-4-3. I think only Domikey does double-shot SA in 1-1-2-3-4-4.

These SA Carbon R2 progress photos indicate Signature Plastics does have tooling for 1-1-2-3-4-4

The kit pictures for SA Carbon R1, SA Carbon R2, and SA Jukebox show this:
   SA Carbon R1 - https://matrixzj.github.io/docs/sa-keycaps/Carbon-R1/
   SA Carbon R2 - https://imgur.com/a/UB8KFj0
   SA Jukebox -  https://drop.com/buy/jukebox-sa-keyset

That said, 1-1-2-3-4-3 is the typical SA layout.  SA Carbon R3 moved to this typical layout.

Edit: added SA Carbon R1
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 December 2021, 21:02:24 by dvorcol »

Offline Trwninja

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 00:15:28 »
so youre telling me this isnt lofi girl set?

lol glwic

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 00:48:40 »
Thought this would be gmk relegendables but with dcs. someone please do that btw.

Offline KIGA

• 无法简介
Re: 【IC】SP Window View - Let's open the window(19 update)
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 20:10:17 »
Kit updated. :D