Author Topic: [IC] Hand Made Leather Mech Key Carrying Case (Update 14/05 - New Design)  (Read 5698 times)

Offline reccatyo

Hello fellow geekhack

I decided to create this because i couldn't find any high quality leather handmade mechanical keyboard carrying cases around. Any suggestion and advice are welcomed.

Updated design

Updated:
Double D Ring strap (simple yet strong)
Cable storage

old design
More
189579-0
189581-1

Specification
Material: chrome tanned pull-up leather
Technique: hand cutting & hand stitch
Thread: polyester waxed thread
Made in Bandung, Indonesia

This new sample is in a darker color as requested.
The sample is for a 60% keyboard, but no worries other sizes are also doable because it is hand cut to perfection.  ;)

Possible sizes available are 60%,75% and TKL since i have keyboard with those sizes, other type might have to give me dimensions.

Price & Shipping
Starting at $49 for the 60% exclude shipping and paypal fees
1 sheet of leather could create around 6-8 cases (60%).
So technically if you want a different colour of leather (especially unique ones), either you try to find another person to join with the same colour or pay some extras to compensate us. ;)
The cases will be shipped from Indonesia to everywhere in the world using DHL or EMS
It will be shipped as soon as it is finished

Possible Custom Options (with extra charge for starred option)
Colors
190518-2
Custom letter emboss*
Custom logo emboss (besides our brand logo)*
Carnauban Wax Finish
Natural Wax Finish

Interest check form : https://reka19.typeform.com/to/nBpVpq

New Gallery
More

Old Gallery
More
189583-3
189585-4
189587-5
189589-6
189591-7
189593-8
189595-9

Update 1 5 March 2018
Added possible options and to do list.

Update 2 29 March 2018
Updated shipping info and estimation on material. Also will start sampling the latest design, probably week 1 of April I will upload it.
And yes it fits 5 degrees case

Update 3 14 May 2018
New Design
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 May 2018, 05:39:27 by reccatyo »

Offline neon_tom

Re: [IC] Hand Made Leather Mechanical Keyboard Carrying Case
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 08:45:28 »
The sample looks really slick. Definitely interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 09:31:38 »
I would be very interested in a 96% one. Would personally prefer if it had some kind of strap for easy carrying, though.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 21:20:26 »
I would be very interested in a 96% one. Would personally prefer if it had some kind of strap for easy carrying, though.
i agree, maybe an elastic straps or locking button if you dont want to change the esthetic. some safety so that the keyboard will not fall off is very welcome

Offline Valaris

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 22:07:26 »
Do you plan on having one that fits a 5degree case? I ask since a lot of the 60% cases I've seen a too snug for that case due to it's thicc bezel.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 23:21:16 »
That looks very slick! Good luck!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline the_fascist

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 23:33:34 »
I'm interested.  Definitely in if you can get some darker colors.

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 23:56:41 »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 01:11:13 »
i agree, maybe an elastic straps or locking button if you dont want to change the esthetic. some safety so that the keyboard will not fall off is very welcome

We're still trying to find alternative locking mechanism, thank you for your suggestions. Maybe you can gave us an example or illustration of the preferred mechanism?.

That would be no problem, since we hand cut it. We just need the dimensions. Shoulder strap like a in a bag or something else?.

Do you plan on having one that fits a 5degree case? I ask since a lot of the 60% cases I've seen a too snug for that case due to it's thicc bezel.
Yes we can, actually we're planning to meet Jebbra too to discuss about the design since we are in the same country and he has a 5 degree case. We'll update as soon as possible.  ;D

I'm interested.  Definitely in if you can get some darker colors.
We will try to photograph the material in darker colors in Wednesday GMT+7, since there are some demand for darker color too from other people.  ;)

That looks very slick! Good luck!

Thank you  :thumb:

The sample looks really slick. Definitely interested!

Thank you  :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 05:10:59 »
Black leather for Full-Hand ErgoDox carrying would be really neat.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 00:21:48 »

Yes we can do that, but first we need to find an ergodox owner in Indonesia to make sure of the dimensions. And it will cost a bit more if you don't mind because of the different shape, hence need more stitches and quality control.  ;)

Test fit Leopold FC660M
Fits just right, mind you about the exposure, it is photographed by my friend using his phone.
189955-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 February 2018, 00:25:53 by reccatyo »

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 07:47:45 »

Yes we can do that, but first we need to find an ergodox owner in Indonesia to make sure of the dimensions. And it will cost a bit more if you don't mind because of the different shape, hence need more stitches and quality control.  ;)

Of course, ErgoDox cases are not that common anyway so a price increase is expected in any case. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 10:40:30 »

Seconded on this! I'm running an SA set on my ergodox right now and I'm happy to dust off my calipers and get some measurements for you.
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 01:24:04 »
I've been a bit busy managing my startup this week since there are a lot of things to do.
I'll try to update other leather colors and some other stuff including the locking mechanism this weekend.

And btw we will try to emboss some alphabets, since there are some people that want to emboss it with their name.
We also will provide custom logo emboss too.

Of course, ErgoDox cases are not that common anyway so a price increase is expected in any case. :)

Ok  :thumb:
We will try to sketch the design after we get some measurements.
By the way which full hand ergodox the one you have?.

Seconded on this! I'm running an SA set on my ergodox right now and I'm happy to dust off my calipers and get some measurements for you.

Thank you, your help is very appreciated.  ;D
Sure do, you can send it to reccatyo@gmail.com.

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 03:04:10 »
Update: 05 March 2018

Uploaded some colors to choose from. Now there are darker colors.  ;D
Updated some possible additional options. (emboss examples will be uploaded asap)
Updated some to do list after reading from your suggestions.

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:25:50 »

Updated some possible additional options. (emboss examples will be uploaded asap)

Thanks! Sounds great! I'm really keen.

The strap option I mentioned could be a range of things, including shoulder strap, a handle or just something that allows the user to attach a carabineer to the case. But only do this if you can maintain the nice aesthetics of the case! Otherwise not worth it.

The reason I'm asking for something like this is because I'm frequently travelling with work and would like a handy way to attach the case to me or my backpack when I'm out and about. I could put it in the backpack, but usually lack space.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:27:29 by WHeisenberg »

Offline reccatyo

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 03:11:27 »

Thanks! Sounds great! I'm really keen.

The strap option I mentioned could be a range of things, including shoulder strap, a handle or just something that allows the user to attach a carabineer to the case. But only do this if you can maintain the nice aesthetics of the case! Otherwise not worth it.

The reason I'm asking for something like this is because I'm frequently travelling with work and would like a handy way to attach the case to me or my backpack when I'm out and about. I could put it in the backpack, but usually lack space.

Thanks.

We will be looking to strap option after we finished the updated design, it will be uploaded next week.
Some notable changes to the design includes a cable pouch and new locking mechanism.

And yes this case fits 5 degrees case, i just tested it yesterday using jebbra's.  :thumb:

One more thing, 1 sheet of leather could create around 10 cases. So technically if you want a different colour of leather (especially unique ones), either you try to find another person to join with the same color or pay some extra to compesate us. ;)

Happy holidays.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2018, 03:53:10 by reccatyo »

Offline reccatyo

Updated design.
GB/Pre Order should be up soon, just needed some info for shipping outside asia.

If there are any interested proxies or reseller for the EU or US could contact me.  :thumb:

Offline biip

• @biipmk
Nice :thumb:
I might be interested by a Vortex Race 3 (75%) support

Offline reccatyo

Nice :thumb:
I might be interested by a Vortex Race 3 (75%) support

Guess i'll have to make the 75% sample.  :))

Does the race 3 have the same size as xd84?, because i currently only have that for 75%.