Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio - [2024-03-19] In-stock sale imminent!  (Read 103668 times)

Offline robbieheart

Re: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 15:45:13 »
Super pumped for this! I think for 40's kit, its missing the 1u CAPS lock and the " ' alpha key in mods color (for preonic and planek to match the grids.

Any plans for blanks for more compatibility?

Also no eraser icon for novelties?  :(

Im planning on doing a second xd75 build for my mac with these sets so i second those keys  :thumb:
and if a R3 \ |  1u is too much to ask for. I'd settle for blanks so second on that as well  ;D

Tofu XD75  PC KBD67 MKII

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
Re: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio - [2021-03-16] Neutral Kits Update
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 20:49:20 »
Love the design, one of the best ePBT set I've ever seen! This might be one of those kits that I might actually get all of the variants.

Will there be a Numpad Neutral and Modern Neutral kit, since there's a Modifiers Neutral Kit? I really think these are a must for those who have boards larger than 75%, for those productivity users such as myself. Hoping that you would add them to the pool of kits.  ;D

Offline xryx

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 20:22:51 »
I am super excited about this kit! The design is phenomenal.

Offline blaqbern

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 20:49:09 »
Any chance we could get 1.5U Supers and 1U Alts in the neutral mod kit? Or maybe you could add a neutral version of the Modern kits? I feel like a lot of Creative Suite users are using a Mac, so coverage for 7U bottom row with swapped mods seems like a natural addition.

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 23:25:08 »
I’m so ready for the neutral kits, sorry for being boring and thank you thank you

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 23:32:30 »
I'm in. Take my moneis please.

Also please see if you can do RAMA caps with the Ps and Ai logos without getting sued by adobe.

And also please consider doing a neutral modern kit, I really want some grey command keys.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 March 2021, 23:35:31 by zea »

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 08:06:15 »
Love this set.

Please consider neutral deskmat more like:

(minus the text; only 1 splash each of color; and include your logo)

Offline Oublieux

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 10:48:58 »
Also wanted to state that I love the overall design of this set! The additions of the neutral sets are much appreciated.

The only piece of feedback I have--and it may be very minor--is that the legend design of the Enter key clashes with the rest. Most/all key legends are angular with the exception of the Enter key which uses a curved arrow design. I think there would be more consistency if the Enter key's legend design was also angular, but that's just my two cents!

Offline xanserkx

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 12:00:03 »
I like this set even though I don't use AI or PS that much. Good luck with the IC
AIS65 - Merisi Ottantaquatro - Rama Zenith - Emery65 - TGR Tomo - Hex 4B - Cablecar Design Angel - Hand Engineering Haus - TX HJ75 - Parallel Limited Portal

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 19:42:08 »
Also wanted to state that I love the overall design of this set! The additions of the neutral sets are much appreciated.

The only piece of feedback I have--and it may be very minor--is that the legend design of the Enter key clashes with the rest. Most/all key legends are angular with the exception of the Enter key which uses a curved arrow design. I think there would be more consistency if the Enter key's legend design was also angular, but that's just my two cents!

Now that you point this out I also can't unsee, the rest of the mod legends are very angular and totally clashes the curve of the Enter.

Will buy regardless tho

Offline Retne

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 11:03:23 »
My wife saw this over my should and is now hype for this set so I'm down for at least one kit.  I'll have to keep my eye on this thread for updates.

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 19:39:17 »

I actually think it fits well. The other sharp angles are all less than 90 degrees so the curved look wouldn't make sense there.

Offline xlon16

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 01:35:28 »
 ;D

Offline low_key_keyboards

• I like to make custom keyboard cases.
    • Low Key Keyboards
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 01:55:49 »
Seriously. *THIS* is my jam.
I am gonna cop every single kit and mat in this set!

If possible, please keep adding more to the novelties kit! I can see so many variations for macropads happening with everyone's flavour of shortcuts to use.
Otherwise, I just very much love this set!!

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 11:58:47 »

I actually think it fits well. The other sharp angles are all less than 90 degrees so the curved look wouldn't make sense there.

I think the point is that the angular design of the rest of the mods are nice already, and so the singular curve on the enter is the odd one out

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 12:40:14 »
I think the point is that the angular design of the rest of the mods are nice already, and so the singular curve on the enter is the odd one out

I've been reading this topic with some interest! It’s an interesting one, but I personally don’t feel like the rounded tail on the enter symbol is inconsistent. There are quite a few other modifier symbols that have rounded elements, particularly the Command symbol for Mac, and the lock symbols (Num Lock and Layer Lock, the latter of which is only in the Nomad kit). At one point there was a different symbol on the 1u backspace key in the Nomad kit, as I had misinterpreted this as being akin to a ‘back’ button in a browser (the default GMK legend in my template just has the word 'Back'), and this also had a rounded hook on the end. Ultimately it comes down to personal taste to a degree, and so I’ve opted for a certain look that I think works well, but hopefully enough others like it too.

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 14:35:02 »

I've been reading this topic with some interest! It’s an interesting one, but I personally don’t feel like the rounded tail on the enter symbol is inconsistent. There are quite a few other modifier symbols that have rounded elements, particularly the Command symbol for Mac, and the lock symbols (Num Lock and Layer Lock, the latter of which is only in the Nomad kit). At one point there was a different symbol on the 1u backspace key in the Nomad kit, as I had misinterpreted this as being akin to a ‘back’ button in a browser (the default GMK legend in my template just has the word 'Back'), and this also had a rounded hook on the end. Ultimately it comes down to personal taste to a degree, and so I’ve opted for a certain look that I think works well, but hopefully enough others like it too.

Yep this definitely nitpicking something that already looks great and will do very well! Thanks again for putting in a neutral mods kit!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 20:48:42 »
Is a modern-neutral-set missing?

The full icon mod sets are very welcome, and the neutral sets, as well; however, a modern-neutral may be needed by those that choose a neutral theme for their sets. Another option may be to include command keys in the neutral modifiers set.

Offline waro

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 22:35:14 »
seems like the updated kits arent updated yet on the interest check form. love the font of this set definitely coping

Offline Demetri25

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 00:44:06 »
Love this set and definitely in. Also would be interested in a more neutral grey deskmat similar to the signature as someone else suggested.

Offline debo

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:58:06 »
I'm really interested in this but it would appear the neutral set is not in the IC form. Is that normal?

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 03:39:00 »
I'm really interested in this but it would appear the neutral set is not in the IC form. Is that normal?

I didn’t update the IC form with the changes to the kitting (and addition of new kits), since the changes were quite substantial. The important thing is that unlike some manufacturers there’s no MOQ for individual kits with EnjoyPBT so all of the sets listed on the IC should be made regardless of how many responses they get. Mostly the IC form is a tool for me to gauge interest in a particular idea. I’m not averse to adding additional kits to the survey but at this point it would be hard to reconcile the fact they were absent from the survey when most people responded, sadly!

Offline debo

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 06:56:54 »
Oh that's perfectly ok. It's my first time approaching an IC or GB at all, so I was just asking out of curiosity not knowing whether it was intentional or not. I'll register my interest using the scheme that I like the most out of the available then. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline MultiDoc

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 08:53:27 »
Great looking set! If there will be a UK ISO kit, count me in for both Neutral sets and accessory kits please.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 10:38:15 »
Great looking set! If there will be a UK ISO kit, count me in for both Neutral sets and accessory kits please.

UK ISO support is provided in the base alphas kit (when paired with one of the modifier kits, which have ISO enter keys).

Offline Garner

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 13:35:31 »
I really like this set. Great job, I'm definitely in!

+1 for NorDE kit.

Offline MultiDoc

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 16:18:34 »

UK ISO support is provided in the base alphas kit (when paired with one of the modifier kits, which have ISO enter keys).

Thanks, as i said definitely count me in!

Offline bukowski

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 16:31:36 »
+1 for NorDE kit.
+2 for NorDE Kit. Super hyped for this.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 19:02:43 »

Those that get the neutral-mod set will pay for duplicated function rows. The neutral function row could be moved to a separate kit that may be bought by anyone that needs it.

« Last Edit: Sun, 04 April 2021, 19:54:18 by ideus »

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 04:33:51 »

Those that get the neutral-mod set will pay for duplicated function rows. The neutral function row could be moved to a separate kit that may be bought by anyone that needs it.

Yes; I think looking at how the kitting works right now the better option would be to just remove function keys from the neutral modifier kit. Since those are included with both alphas kits, it’s probably unnecessary for them to be included in any other kit (since who needs function keys but doesn’t have any alphas keys?)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:48:27 »

Yes; I think looking at how the kitting works right now the better option would be to just remove function keys from the neutral modifier kit. Since those are included with both alphas kits, it’s probably unnecessary for them to be included in any other kit (since who needs function keys but doesn’t have any alphas keys?)

Sixty and under-sixty users may need the alphas and the mods, but not the function row.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 01:31:18 »
Sixty and under-sixty users may need the alphas and the mods, but not the function row.

Indeed! But the opposite (needing F keys but not alphas) isn't really a thing (unless somebody is making a macropad that just has F keys, maybe?)

Offline fredprinz21

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 05:29:14 »
Good luck with the IC and GB!

Also, hope you can have Zion Studios PH as SEA/Asia proxy vendor. Cheers!
For the night is dark and full of terrors.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 09:31:16 »

Indeed! But the opposite (needing F keys but not alphas) isn't really a thing (unless somebody is making a macropad that just has F keys, maybe?)

Fair enough. It is almost customary that those under-TKL users get full-size key sets anyway.

Offline loddee

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 13:39:48 »
Super hyped! Any time frame estimate on when this will go to GB?

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 17:03:46 »

EnjoyPBT weren't in a position to quote at the point I reached out to them, and since I'm in the process of moving house I've been happy to let this sit idle for a little while. As soon as they are ready to quote I will update with all the information here. Several vendors have been in touch so I'm looking forward to sharing details and hopefully get a group buy date in front of people. Obviously no promises at this point, but I'd like to think it should be possible before the middle of the year!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 21:25:32 »

EnjoyPBT weren't in a position to quote at the point I reached out to them, and since I'm in the process of moving house I've been happy to let this sit idle for a little while. As soon as they are ready to quote I will update with all the information here. Several vendors have been in touch so I'm looking forward to sharing details and hopefully get a group buy date in front of people. Obviously no promises at this point, but I'd like to think it should be possible before the middle of the year!

House moving is always exhausting, good luck with yours.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
Re: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio - [2021-04-06] Minor Update
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 22:47:43 »
Sorry if I missed it upthread, but out of curiosity what is the main font called?

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 00:58:22 »
Neutral kits are so killer... if reverse dye-sub prototypes come out without issues it'll be hard to pass up on this

Offline Oublieux

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 17:04:35 »

I am a bit late in responding, but I appreciate the direct reply regarding the discussion! At the end of the day, I do think it is a very nuanced design choice. And, although I would personally prefer an angled Enter key, you are ultimately the creator and artist of this wonderful keycap set. It's also not going to stop me from picking one up if a group buy comes into fruition!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 11:54:28 »

I am a bit late in responding, but I appreciate the direct reply regarding the discussion! At the end of the day, I do think it is a very nuanced design choice. And, although I would personally prefer an angled Enter key, you are ultimately the creator and artist of this wonderful keycap set. It's also not going to stop me from picking one up if a group buy comes into fruition!

The spirit of an IC is for the OP to get the community's feedback, and for the community to decide if they want to join the GB, eventually. It is the OP's choice to change or keeps the design's features.

Offline Mistah

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 01:49:58 »

I'm not sure I understand why that has to do with it. Currently, anyone needing F keys will also get a full F set with their modifiers, so shouldn't they be taken out of alphas to reduce cost? It makes more sense to remove them from alphas rather than the neutral mods.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 03:07:58 »
I'm not sure I understand why that has to do with it. Currently, anyone needing F keys will also get a full F set with their modifiers, so shouldn't they be taken out of alphas to reduce cost? It makes more sense to remove them from alphas rather than the neutral mods.

There’s two ways of cutting down on duplication: removing them from the alphas kits, or the neutral mods kit. The former would mean anybody who wants to have an F row consisting of alternating colour blocks of 4 F keys (which seems popular) would need to buy an alphas kit, a neutral modifiers kit and a modifier kit in their chosen colour. It would make the alphas kit cheaper for all those who only care about alphas, or intend to use the same colour for all their F keys (but arguably it shouldn’t make a price difference to them: the kits will likely end up having the same approximate combined price).

The alternative, of removing the F keys from the neutral modifier kit simplifies things: everyone who wants to use neutral F keys gets them in base. Anyone who wants either colour, or alternating F keys, can add a modifier kit. The only downside is for people who don’t care about F keys at all for whom this will inflate the price of the alpha kit somewhat.

Both ways involve moving costs from one group of users to another, it’s just a question of which will hurt which group most. Until I have a quote it’s hard to judge how bad it is, but I’ll be making the final call based on the survey result which should hopefully give an indication of how I should finalise the kits.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 13:01:10 »

There’s two ways of cutting down on duplication: removing them from the alphas kits, or the neutral mods kit. The former would mean anybody who wants to have an F row consisting of alternating colour blocks of 4 F keys (which seems popular) would need to buy an alphas kit, a neutral modifiers kit and a modifier kit in their chosen colour. It would make the alphas kit cheaper for all those who only care about alphas, or intend to use the same colour for all their F keys (but arguably it shouldn’t make a price difference to them: the kits will likely end up having the same approximate combined price).

The alternative, of removing the F keys from the neutral modifier kit simplifies things: everyone who wants to use neutral F keys gets them in base. Anyone who wants either colour, or alternating F keys, can add a modifier kit. The only downside is for people who don’t care about F keys at all for whom this will inflate the price of the alpha kit somewhat.

Both ways involve moving costs from one group of users to another, it’s just a question of which will hurt which group most. Until I have a quote it’s hard to judge how bad it is, but I’ll be making the final call based on the survey result which should hopefully give an indication of how I should finalise the kits.

I understood since previous OP's posts that he likes to have function keys that match alphas, which, in this case, are in neutral colors. That is the main reason why both alpha sets carry a whole function row and what justifies their removal from the neutral mods. An independent function row set can be bought separately, making happy most of the GB's joiners and the OP, but the OP has the last word.

Offline Mistah

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:34:14 »

There’s two ways of cutting down on duplication: removing them from the alphas kits, or the neutral mods kit. The former would mean anybody who wants to have an F row consisting of alternating colour blocks of 4 F keys (which seems popular) would need to buy an alphas kit, a neutral modifiers kit and a modifier kit in their chosen colour.

Ah I understand now, I didn't consider the alternating F keys, as I was thinking that everyone who bought the mods would have one of each F key. I know some sets made the alternating colors mandatory like Kat mizu (https://cannonkeys.com/products/gb-kat-mizu?variant=31991361601647), or Nautilus (https://omnitype.com/products/gmk-nautilus-2-keycap-set).

I think the demographic who strongly prefers full or alternate mods might be much smaller than people who would rather prefer cheaper alphas, but survey is the best way to know as you said. If number of kits are no object, it could go in its own, or into the modern kit or something. But like Ideus said, it's ultimately up to you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 15:02:01 »
I’ll have a think about the F keys, it's clearly a bit more nuanced than I initially thought. There are some other options so I guess I can explore those too.

Offline L4ll1g470r

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 15:46:32 »
Thanks for including Norde. Will buy a set or two when the time comes.

Offline zephyr311c

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 17:20:55 »
What was removed from PS Novelties before the 3-15 update?

Offline debo

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 18:32:55 »
I sort of hate to do this but I feel the need to ask the question again. Will there be a modern neutral kit as well? As many other pointed out it's a must have for those who will go for that theme.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 00:07:00 »
I sort of hate to do this but I feel the need to ask the question again. Will there be a modern neutral kit as well? As many other pointed out it's a must have for those who will go for that theme.

Apologies for not replying more directly! My original opinion was to offer it if enough people asked for it, but since there’s no MOQ on non-base kits I suspect it should be fine to add anyway. My computer and desk are all packed up in boxes right now so I’ll probably not be moving this further along for a week or more, but my intention is to pick up the thread in mid/late April.