Author Topic: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | GB LIVE from April 8th to May 9th  (Read 51795 times)

Offline chowder266

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | US and Indian Vendor Announcement!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 05:38:47 »
btw discord link seemed to be broken

Offline YXXX

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | US and Indian Vendor Announcement!
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 19:37:30 »
Thinking further, since this drew inspiration from Taiwan, would Zhuyin be more suitable than Cangjie?

Completely agree with you man, gotta represent taiwan all the way!

We are in the process of making changes to our kitting - will update very soon.

btw discord link seemed to be broken

Thanks for letting us know, it should be working now

Offline Friendship

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥)
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 07:48:40 »
Thinking further, since this drew inspiration from Taiwan, would Zhuyin be more suitable than Cangjie?

Completely agree with you man, gotta represent taiwan all the way!

I also support the idea of Zhuyin!
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline YXXX

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | Group Buy Date Announcement - Q1 2022
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 09:30:44 »
For all those interested, GMK fenglisu will be running in GB in early Q1 of 2022! As we get closer to that date, we will be able to update you all with a definitive GB date.

If you'd like to stay update with our progress, feel free to join our Discord server or follow us on IG @mksensa.

Offline hark

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 10:12:33 »
This set might be an insta buy for me, glwic : )

Offline Jonoz0r

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 07:24:35 »
really digging the colour scheme - would look good as on an e-white board!
on that note ... any clue when board renders are going to be out?

Offline YXXX

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 02:01:19 »
really digging the colour scheme - would look good as on an e-white board!
on that note ... any clue when board renders are going to be out?

We should be expecting them to come in very soon! :thumb:

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 11:40:57 »
Can you consider an accent novelty for iso enter?  :D

Offline YXXX

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 08:26:16 »
Can you consider an accent novelty for iso enter?  :D

At this stage we haven't, but if we get enough interest in our IC responses, then that's something we can definitely consider! :thumb:

Offline YXXX

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 21:18:13 »
Update - Due to the strength in connection between fenglisu and Taiwanese heritage and culture, we have made the decision (also based in part with the Google IC form responses) to change our base kitting from the inclusion of Cangjie sublegends to Zhuyin sublegends.

In light of this change, we have also changed the alt alphas kit from Cangjie monolegends to Cangjie sublegends - we received a large amount of support for the retention of Cangjie sublegends.

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 22:46:11 »
Update - Due to the strength in connection between fenglisu and Taiwanese heritage and culture, we have made the decision (also based in part with the Google IC form responses) to change our base kitting from the inclusion of Cangjie sublegends to Zhuyin sublegends.

In light of this change, we have also changed the alt alphas kit from Cangjie monolegends to Cangjie sublegends - we received a large amount of support for the retention of Cangjie sublegends.

thanks for taking in this feedback. This is a must-buy for me. Looking forward to the GB :)

Offline jjolddahgoo

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | Updated Base Kit and Alt Alphas Kit
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 14:06:26 »
Love the colors (and pineapple cakes)! Would love to see a Latin only alpha kit considered.

Offline YXXX

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | Revisions to Novelties Kit
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 08:46:37 »
Long time no update - After some discussions, we felt that the connection to Taiwanese culture could be further extended into the Novelties kit. As such, we have now included a new R1 1u novelty, the Taiwanese Plum Blossom. Further to this point, we have also included a new R4 1.25u novelty, a fenglisu that has been bitten into.

Offline YXXX

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | Board Renders and Update on Collaborations
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 07:50:02 »
We can finally share some of the keyboard renders and showcase what GMK fenglisu could look like on your board. Shown here are our Base, Novelties, and Spacebar Kits on the ever-dependable TGR Alice by Yuktsi.

Stay tuned as there is more to come very soon.

As a side note, we have finalised the artisan makers (yes, plural) that we will be collaborating with for GMK fenglisu and will be announcing those in due course.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 September 2021, 08:06:14 by YXXX »

Offline STUDIOBLB

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 13:14:26 »
We are so excited for this set! The theme is absolutely sublime  :thumb:

Offline YXXX

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 08:00:00 »
Collaboration announcement time! We will be collaborating with Thok Design to produce an orange brass cap to run alongside GMK fenglisu!

Offline strwbryfruitcake

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | Collaboration with Thok Design
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 11:15:41 »
Very cool.. Proud to rep my heritage! Taiwan #1 Will be picking this up in support. Good luck!!!

Offline YXXX

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 20:51:23 »
We are so excited for this set! The theme is absolutely sublime  :thumb:

Very cool.. Proud to rep my heritage! Taiwan #1 Will be picking this up in support. Good luck!!!

Thank you both for such nice words, hoping that this set will meet your expectations! :thumb:

Offline oestrogen8r

• I SERVED 2 TOURS OF DUTY IN THE LEMURIAN TIME WAR
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 04:53:16 »
Can't contain my excitement for this set. My best friend is Taiwanese and we'd been talking about the possibility of me building her a keyboard for her next birthday since she and her girlfriend are finally getting a good gaming setup next year. I'm having a hard time thinking of a keyboard worthy enough to put these keycaps on!

Offline YXXX

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 06:44:40 »
Can't contain my excitement for this set. My best friend is Taiwanese and we'd been talking about the possibility of me building her a keyboard for her next birthday since she and her girlfriend are finally getting a good gaming setup next year. I'm having a hard time thinking of a keyboard worthy enough to put these keycaps on!

Glad you like it so much! In my eyes, all boards are worthy enough to put these keycaps on!

Offline YXXX

Small update with some NEW board renders, this time on a TGR 910 in polycarbonate! The kits shown here include our Base, Alt Alphas, and Novelty kits.

In addition to this, we're also super happy to announce that the following artisan makers will be running alongside GMK fenglisu with a collaboration of their own!

MOZI
Coconut Keycaps
Miroticaps
Cantoclicks

Stay tuned, as we have a couple more to announce in the near future too! :p

Offline vishydesigns

looks awesome! renders look dope, and so does the artisan! great work

Offline YXXX

looks awesome! renders look dope, and so does the artisan! great work

Thank you! I can't take credit for the renders but they do look fantastic ;D

Side Note: Some of the legends in our Base and Alt Alphas Kit had some inconsistencies - we've since rectified those for our eagle-eyed observers.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
Any chance for a Latin alpha kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline YXXX

Any chance for a Latin alpha kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did consider this initially, however given the cultural ties, we felt that the inclusion of Cangjie sublegends in the Alt Alpha Kit was appropriate.

That being said, if you, or anyone else for that matter, feel strongly about the inclusion of Latin Alphas specifically, please either let them known in the Google IC form or let me know directly in Discord

Offline jorson

As a Taiwanese, hells yes I am so looking forward to this GB. Just for reference, I don't think cangjie is that important to be honest, 99% of the people in Taiwan use zhuyin anyway.

Offline YXXX

It's been a while, but super super happy to share an update with everyone - we're ecstatic to share 3 HIBI collaboration caps that will be running along GMK fenglisu.

Regarding materials and finishes:
R1 Pineapple Cake - Anodised aluminium with dual enamel fill
R1 Plum Blossom - Brass with gold PVD and enamel fill
R3 鳳梨酥 - Anodised aluminium with enamel fill

Offline YXXX

Another quick update!

We have some new board renders for everyone to take a peek at! The classic TGR Jane V2 has been rendered with our THOK Design collaboration cap as well as the Haytco Cake Blockerless in a special orange polycarbonate  ;D

Please consider joining our Discord server, as that is where we post all of our updates first!
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 January 2022, 00:38:29 by YXXX »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
This set has a lot going for it. I would once again like to ask you to consider the inclusion of R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn in the base kit for proper 65% support, like myself and a few others have asked for in this thread. :)
It would be a real shame if this went into GB without those keys, especially since there are less common and less essential keys (such as R2 Esc, 2u Shift) which are included.

Offline hayt

• * Maker

Offline ABABA

oh man, I don't really like pineapple cakes but now that it's going to be bpmf...   O.O

Offline vishydesigns

im totally loving this set! cant wait for it to go live

Offline YXXX

This set has a lot going for it. I would once again like to ask you to consider the inclusion of R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn in the base kit for proper 65% support, like myself and a few others have asked for in this thread. :)
It would be a real shame if this went into GB without those keys, especially since there are less common and less essential keys (such as R2 Esc, 2u Shift) which are included.

The lack of inclusion of R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn was an oversight by me - we've modified the Base Kit to include those keys now  :thumb:

Offline YXXX

Another small update with some new board renders!

This time featuring the Foundation FRL TKL by Protozoa Studios with the Replicant (Amber - ULTEM 1000) w/ Black Badge SE Top with some extra added spice with our GMK fenglisu x Hibi.mx Pineapple Cake caps  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
The lack of inclusion of R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn was an oversight by me - we've modified the Base Kit to include those keys now  :thumb:

Great news, thanks :thumb:

Offline YXXX

Another small update.

A slight modification to the Novelty Kit has been made to include 2x R4 Plum Blossoms. The inclusion of which now caters to full macro column support; at the same time, this also caters towards those wishing to use these Plum Blossoms in a Tsangan layout.

Offline YXXX

Another update as we inch closer towards the GMK fenglisu GB.

We have desk mat designs! But we're stuck on which stitching combination to use on our 3 desk mat designs, which is why we're asking for your help.

Options include cream, orange, and print-to-edge stitching options (Granted, the finalised desk mat stitch will have to be aligned with what the manufacturer can produce).

Please let us know which is your favourite in our Desk Mat IC Form or Discord Server!

Offline YXXX

Based on the votes casted in our Discord, we've decided to run the following 3 desk mat designs alongside GMK fenglisu! Thank you to the lovely @pheefs_a_n_d for designing these for us.

Deskmat 1.

Deskmat 2.

Deskmat 3.

We're also ecstatic to announce we also have a new collaboration on the way with GEEKKEEY!

In addition to that, GB pricing is coming very very soon - We've received quotes from GMK and the involved vendors are working on a finalised GB price.

Offline teddo

Might be late, but this is my to go snack during chinese new year ! Love everything about the set, great work :thumb:

those last 2 deskmats are fire

Offline YXXX

We are super ecstatic to announce that GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) will be going into Group Buy from the 8th of April to the 9th of May! To celebrate this, we will be running a giveaway in our Discord server with details above in the main post.

Offline sup3r170va

We are super ecstatic to announce that GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) will be going into Group Buy from the 8th of April to the 9th of May! To celebrate this, we will be running a giveaway in our Discord server with details above in the main post.

I really like this set and I wish it would succeed. I’ll buy it regardless, but I’m not sure about others. The current pricing is on the expensive side. If u can bring it down to $135 like many other sets, the chances of success will be better. My 2c.

Offline YXXX

I really like this set and I wish it would succeed. I’ll buy it regardless, but I’m not sure about others. The current pricing is on the expensive side. If u can bring it down to $135 like many other sets, the chances of success will be better. My 2c.

I agree, this set is definitely on the more expensive side but given that a lot of recent GMK sets have had troubles hitting MOQ, we felt it was in the set's best interest to lower it. Granted, that means the set is more expensive than I had originally hoped for but we have worked with the vendors to lower it as much as we can so that it is priced more fairly.

Offline YXXX

Small Note: StacksKB will no longer be offering GMK fenglisu in GB due to low regional interest.  :(

Those from their region wanting to join this GB will have to purchase from another participating vendor.

Offline bigtunhakuna

Offline YXXX

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | Custom Cable Collaboration with lpcables
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 18:59:39 »
GMK fenglisu's first collaboration comes in the form of a custom cable designed by lpcables!

lpcables is an Australian maker of artisan cables with quality that I can personally vouch for. Support local!

As noted above, we will only have 50 total units available for purchase during GMK fenglisu's GB with fulfilment to begin immediately post GB.

Cable specifications:
- Device Side (Keyboard): 160mm length
- Host Side: 1.2M
- Paracord: Light Yellow
- Techflex: White
- Heat-shrink Colour: Orange
- Connector: Femo Cerakoted with special colour.
- USB-C to USB-A

Offline YXXX

I am genuinely overjoyed to announce that a collaboration cap with Asian Joy Co. is on the way! We will have more details to announce at a later date, but to stay updated, feel free to join and follow their Discord Server and Instagram:eek: :eek:

As always, please consider joining and following our own Discord server and Instagramand for all project updates and to join the BASE + NOVELTY Kit giveaway!  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 March 2022, 05:15:27 by YXXX »

Offline YXXX

Just over one more week until the Base + Novelty Kit giveaway in our Discord server ends! Make sure you join! :p

But that also means that there is just over one more week until the GB begins!  :eek:

Offline YXXX

With just over one more week till GMK fenglisu enters GB, we're super super happy to finally reveal that we have a collaboration cap with Taurus Trades.  :)) :))

The Fenglisu Teapot is an artisan keycap made in collaboration with GMK fenglisu. The keycap consists of the teapot and a removable lid to see all the yummy tea goodness inside! It's made for cherry mx stems and casted with 100% resin.

Offline YXXX

Re: [IC] GMK fenglisu (鳳梨酥) | GEEKKEEY Collab Reveal! | 1 day till GB!
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 08:09:11 »

With one more day until the GB, we are super happy to share with you all a GMK fenglisu x GEEKKEEY Collaboration cap!

Specific sales details will be announced through GEEKKEEY's channels and our own.